late night snacking

Options
124»

Replies

• indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    theres a group on here for LNS its helped me loads, its like ur completing with yourself

LNS: 0
    ME:7

dont let food run your life, u run ur life, and remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels
  • el223029
    el223029 Posts: 26
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It kick starts your metabolism and will help you maintain your blood glucose levels much better throughout the day. Skipping breakfast means you are more likely to eat more calories at lunch or dinner than you normally would. So having a high protein and complex carb breakfast will help you lose weight far more than just cutting out the calories from breakfast. Plus.. if you work out in the morning it will help you push yourself that much harder.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper.
    Overnight the body uses up its store of glucose and energy levels needs to be replenished - hence the importance of breakfast - which literally means breaking the fast.
    There... ^ :wink: This old saying is sooo true. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have to eat breakfast. I am an R.N for 20 years, but Im not going to start digging for scientific evidence that Breakfast breaks the fast, restarts the metabolism, setting the stage for the rest of the day. Eat like this, drink 8 glasses of water a day, save 100-200 or so cals for bedtime snack. Maybe up your cals, if you exercise, get a HRM or at least estimate, and don't forget to eat at least most of those back.

WELL SAID!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!
    Again, there's no "jumpstarting the metabolism" because the metabolism never stops. If it did, you'd be dead.

Never said "jumpstart" I said it gets the metabolism going... I know it won't stop... but it CAN slow down if you put your body in a "hibernation mode" or a "starvation mode". It will want to hold onto every last ounce of fat in the body it can.

And it takes 72-96 hours before the metabolism starts slowing down. Skipping breakfast certainly won't do it.
  • Tea has really helped to curb my nighttime snacking, especially one with Chamomile that had no caffeine and will help me get to bed earlier, so that way, I can't eat!

My favourite brand of tea in general is Twinings Tea. Their "Bedtime Blend" has chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass, and it has a delicious flavour :)