Vegetarians

Options
1235»

Replies

• lapswimr
    lapswimr Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all,
    Joined on a few weeks ago...been vegetarian for about eleven years and considering going vegan because of a few things I've been reading about the health benefits. Any vegans out there who might be able to provide some insight?
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Vegetarian for 3 years. I tried vegan for several months but had a hard time with it. I try to cook vegan at home and am trying to cut waaaaay back on my dairy.
  • tunester18
    Options
    Proud to be a vegetarian and going strong at 5 years. However my use of this site's meal tracker has informed me that despite my conscious efforts, I'm still not getting enough protein....anyone with advice, please advise away! As a long-distance runner I should be getting about 75g/day, but I'm only averaging about 40.....
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Do you eat dairy? Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are protein rich. I also use hemp protein powder in my morning smoothies. Or edamame as a snack? Roasted chick peas? Peanutbutter?
  • keacey
    keacey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, by choice. Feel free to add me. I eat eggs and have dairy products, but no meat and sea food.
  • redvamp22
    redvamp22 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello, I'm a vegan. Feel free to add me.
  • byrdwitt
    byrdwitt Posts: 1
    Options
    yes! hi there. i just joined :) i have 70 pounds to lose. how about you?
  • dle329
    dle329 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian all my life. Feel free to add me!
  • VanillaBlond
    VanillaBlond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been veggie for most of my life. I do eat veggie cheese, eggs from my own hens and I drink milk. I'm a very picky eater who struggles to get protein in my diet. I'm currently going with the 'eat what I fancy but try to keep within my calories' approach and for this reason my food diary is currently locked to save me being embarrassed to log what I'm eating, however, I hope to change this very soon. I have requested to add a few other people who have posted here and would love any other vegetarians to add me.
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    I would like to add few good vegan/vegetarian friends, too. I'm 63, been vegetarian (almost vegan) for about two years. I do not eat animals, including fish (that's right, Virginia, fish are NOT vegetables), although I have been known to share a cheese pizza (can't resist) and eggs/milk are in practically all prepared foods, so they are difficult to avoid. Leather in clothing, particularly shoes and belts, is another problem for a vegan lifestyle.
    I don't drink milk. We are hooked on almond milk at my house.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    25 years a vegetarian here. And new. lol

feel free to add anyone.

Ark
  • vmessyness
    vmessyness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    vegetarian born and raised.
    i eat a raw vegan diet about 50% of the time.
    feel free to add me :)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Carnivore here!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yep, for the last decade or so. Add me if you like- I love exchanging and trying new veggie or vegan recipes.
  • carapunkiedread
    carapunkiedread Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been a veggie since i was 15yrs old...dont really think about it now & can imagine eating meat again...u can add me if u like
  • espyrale
    espyrale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 6 years. I eat dairy and cook with eggs. I will eat fresh wild un-farmed fish about every 6 months if my body feels it needs the omega's and fatty acids but I love animals too much!

I cook vegetarian food every day and am never at a lack for variety and deliciousness!
    Feel free to add me

And here is an incredible Polenta Lasagna recipe that i just made at a BBQ-every one went nuts over it-including the meat eaters! haha they practically devoured it! ;)

http://fooddoodles.com/2011/07/22/polenta-lasagna-2/