Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options

Replies

• brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate several times a week. If I go without I will completely binge after a few weeks. Moderation is key.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't eat junk food, I don't even crave it anymore and I ate one chip on the weekend, my friend offered me one, and I wanted to vomit haha So no junk for me :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't touche junk food since I was 14 in 2004.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Everything....EVERYTHING I use to eat, I still eat........only smaller amounts :-)

me too
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from it as much as possible. Though, when I travel back home to see family and friends I always will leave enough room in my calories for a snickers or something. It's a long drive and anything I bring with me won't keep until I actually need it. So I mean..it's junky food...but I make sure to work it in, so it's not as bad.
  • returningmyfatsuit
    returningmyfatsuit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat junk food. When I'm going to order something though, I usually have looked up what I plan on eating so I can make sure I can fit it in. I probably have 2 or sometimes even 3 "cheat days" a week.. meaning that I went wayyy over. Depends on my schedule and who I'm with, etc.

My profile is set to lose 1.5lb/week, but I've lost ~1lb a week on average since I started. So I figure this is ok. I can definitely maintain what I'm doing. I make a lot more better choices than I used to, and the days where I eat fast food multiple times a day are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less often.

You can add me if you wanna look at my diary or something. Most days when it gets out of hand, I just give up and stop logging. Not always though ;)
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Everything....EVERYTHING I use to eat, I still eat........only smaller amounts :-)

I am the same NOTHING is out for me I just make better choices of when to eat it and how much. (ask myself do i really need this now and if i eat it will it just kill my morning work out) . But if the feeling hits I eat
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I indulge once in a while...and only if it fits into my daily goal.

Same here
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile I will. Small dish of ice cream.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Junk food...just what is you interpretation of "Junk Food"?

For me, junk food is what you waste. Everything about becoming healthier is in awareness and action.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    YUP! last week i had reese cup blizzard cake 3 times. Granted they were fraction of the size I would have preferred :)... I try to eat as healthy as possible.
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I allow myself little things, for the most part I only will if I make it myself. Like I will make a batch of cookies or cupcakes. Have a serving, and then share the rest with my friends and family... and you can bet that if I am going to the movies I want liquorice! haha
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    hell yeah! i'm trying to eat pretty clean since i started insanity, but usually if i crave something for a few days, i'll cave and get it because i know it's not just a willy-nilly craving that i can make go away with willpower. i just make sure to work out a little more to make room for it.
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I eat just about everything as long as it fits in my daily calorie's, I would have failed at this diet already if I was not able too eat normal foods, so enjoy in moderation!! ;)
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever, whenever, as long as its within my calories.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I do!! :) And I've lost over 40 pounds. Still gotta watch my portions (I get carried away sometimes), but I don't deprive myself of anything.

We're like twins :flowerforyou:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I eat junk food every single day. I have lost 56lbs since June doing so. Trying not to eat it is what caused me to stop any "diet" I tried in the past. Never lasting more than 4 months. I just couldn't do it. I eat more fast food than probably anyone else on mfp! I will never give up my cheeseburgers and fries from Wendy's or McDonalds. It just won't happen. And I eat plenty of candy bars and desserts at restaurants. I just make sure I am under my calories, or if I am way over I just do better the next day. :) Life is way too short for me to be miserable, and I would be without my junk food.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Moderation is def key. If I totally swear off a certain food (chocolate) I usually freak out and eat way too much of it. If I allow myself the occasional treat (within my calories for the day usually) then I'm much less likely to go off the deep end!
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat junk food. Yummy stuff it is. I know that is some ways it made me fat along with a bunch of other unhealthy things. I don't eat it every day but if I feel the need to a reese peanutbutter cups (those cute little mini ones) I'll eat the whole 350 cal bag. One day going over isn't going to kill me as I hardly go over unless its cause I feel the need for those damn things and or my splurge last night.... an oreo bilzzard :). Nothing is going to kill you in moderation and one days isn't going to ruin your whole journey either.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    If I can fit it into my day, I'll indulge in small treats every now and then. We have ice cream, pizza, cake, ocassional candy bar but I only allow myself these treats if I can fit it in, or can workout enough to break even. Rarely does it ever cause me to be over on my calorie goal.

Total deprivation of those things you really love is a sure fire way to FAIL.