Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    OH! I also had a really good night last night and i wanted to share.

Last night i was sitting at home after a long few days and i got up to use the restroom. While i was in there, i looked at myself in the mirror and realized just how beautiful i really am. I was so happy that i had to just sit there and enjoy for a while, knowing that this was probably just my tired perseption and that i might not feel the same in the morning. I was so happy that i had to try to pich the skin under my chin to see how far i had to go until it was were i wanted it to be, and guess what... I AM THERE!!!! Soon enough the rest of my body will catch up. I couldn't stop smiling because of how beautiful i felt and LOOKED! it has been a looooong damn time since i felt that way about myself and it was a wonderful feeling. Even better, i got up this morning to brush my teeth, and i still looked as beautiful as i did last night. i even put my hair in braids to show off how skinny my face is looking. GO ME!

Also, an update on my running. I did W1D1 on Tueday night and will be doing W1D2 tonight when i get home. W1D1 was kind of brutal but when i got home, i enjoyed that fact that i had done it. I hope i feel that way again tonight!!! Wish me luck!

That is a seriously wonderful thing. I am very happy for you! very happy that you now see yourself as others see you! Gratz!

and you will do the C25K You're a pro at it! :) We're all cheering for you!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I just got the biggest smile on my face :-D Thanks Kurneckc!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

Last night i was sitting at home after a long few days and i got up to use the restroom. While i was in there, i looked at myself in the mirror and realized just how beautiful i really am. I was so happy that i had to just sit there and enjoy for a while, knowing that this was probably just my tired perseption and that i might not feel the same in the morning. I was so happy that i had to try to pich the skin under my chin to see how far i had to go until it was were i wanted it to be, and guess what... I AM THERE!!!! Soon enough the rest of my body will catch up. I couldn't stop smiling because of how beautiful i felt and LOOKED! it has been a looooong damn time since i felt that way about myself and it was a wonderful feeling. Even better, i got up this morning to brush my teeth, and i still looked as beautiful as i did last night. i even put my hair in braids to show off how skinny my face is looking. GO ME!

Also, an update on my running. I did W1D1 on Tueday night and will be doing W1D2 tonight when i get home. W1D1 was kind of brutal but when i got home, i enjoyed that fact that i had done it. I hope i feel that way again tonight!!! Wish me luck!

:):):) That made my heart smile on so many levels. This is so awesome - and THANK YOU for sharing. It can seem so hard to be kind to yourself - and yet, if we just give ourselves permission, there's so much beauty to see. You are on a roll - and we're all behind you. :) Thank you for starting this thread..... now - let's fly!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing. We are all so hard on ourselves - I can't remember when I felt this way about myself last - thank you for reminding me of that feeling.
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    W1D5 done, I ran 6 segments. I should be at 8 Sunday. I think a third week one will do the trick. I'm feeling great. My lower half is lookin good. Now I have to work on my upper. It is affecting my run. I try to "run on eggshells" like a Coolrunning.com artical suggestion, but my footfalls are like - piff....FLOP! - The FLOP is my upper half giving up to gravity. Oh well, it won't be long :smile: Now I've stretched so its time for my bicycle ride / cool down.

Everyone have a Wonderful day! :happy:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!! :flowerforyou:

So happy to see so many of us striving for our goals!!! One step at a time!

Clark..:laugh: gravity sucks!!!

Hurt my knee last nite at work jumping off a block wall....am gonna elevate and ice it for a
    couple of days before getting out walking again :grumble: Will probably be back to W1D1
    Monday....but that's ok with me........slow and steady and pain free wins the race!!!

Busy weekend for us.......errands today :tongue: , football weigh ins and scrimmages tomorrow...
    (do we have to be the first team to weigh in??? Starts at 0800 hours and it's a 1 1/2hr drive for our
    team) and then Sunday supposed to be 106' here so either taking the boat to the lake or heading
    for the beach.

Have a happy healthy weekend
    Pam:flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hey doll, first off, I am glad that you are at least up and moving! Very proud, keep it up! secondly, if you take the C25K program as a walk/jog program instead of a walk/run program, you may have more success. I know i did last time i did this, i lost 30 ppounds that way. Thirdly, this time around i have actually entered a total gym competition here at work so i will be doing that 3 days a week (on my off days) i weigh within a few pounds as you do so i know what you are going through. I would recommend getting on the open road. try running on the black asphalt instead of the concrete sidewalk. the asphault gives a little more so it wont hurt as bad and you have a better chance when it comes to shin splints.

Thank you for the advice and the comments. :flowerforyou: I'm glad to see someone around my weight doing this! I didn't know if I would be able to. I think I will start this evening instead of waiting till Monday!

I currently workout on the elliptical, stationary bike and do a circuit routine on a weight machine. I also help a friend walk his dog... he has a bone disease and isn't able to... we go on really long neighborhood walks. :smile: I'm down 39 pounds and I can't wait to lose more!

I'm will try to get out on the asphalt on Sunday at a track or something, but for now... is the treadmill an okay place to start?

I'll check back in with you guys when I've completed Week 1, Day 1, and let you know how I feel! :bigsmile:
  • nancymilo
    Options
    Thank you for the words of encouragement! I'll let everyone know how my first week went!

Let's all remember how beautiful we are, at all stages of this journey.:flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Hurt my knee last nite at work jumping off a block wall....am gonna elevate and ice it for a
    couple of days before getting out walking again grumble Will probably be back to W1D1
    Monday....but that's ok with me........slow and steady and pain free wins the race!!!

Ouch! So sorry that happened!!! But wait until it heals, don't hurt it more!

And this program is always there, that's the beauty of it. Have to start over? So what, just start over. :)
  • jlbay
    Options
    W1 D5 (repeating W1)

I'm so glad I repeated week 1. I felt great today - absolutely great. I can't wait for Week 2, and I seriously mean that! SO, I think for me, giving my body a second week to adjust to the first level was a very good choice.

I'm doing some step aerobics and weights on my off days - I'm already noticing a huge difference in my cardio performance. COuld it be the running training?
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done last night. It wasn't so bad but I may do week one for another week just to build myself up to week two. Lol I'm also doing holy yoga on my off days.

I'm glad to see that everyone is hanging in there. Keep up the great work.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I did one more: W2D4. But I'm taking the weekend off. My knee can use a break I think. What I need is another form of exercise on my days off! Hope everyone is doing well!!! And while I'm going to try to progress to W3 next week I have a feeling that I'll be repeating!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ok...so crazy news, I just clocked how far I run and how far i walk my dog each time that I do both in one day (which is every other day) and it is 5.5km!!!! woo hoo!!!!

I also ran w4d5 (doing week 4 again) on thursday and again tomorrow I will be getting up at 6am so I can run before I have to go to work! I am VERY excited to run tomorrow!!! the route I take when doing the c25k plan works out to 3.5 km and then I walk the dog for another 2km after that!

Finally I just wanted to say WAY TO GO to everyone on this thread. we are all making such differences to our own lives and I cannot wait to see all the progress everyone is making. your successes and posts keep me motivated to keep going!

YOU ARE ALL AMAZING
  • jlbay
    Options
    W1 D6 (Repeating week 1) - DONE!

Yesterday, I had to run on the treadmill due to rain and wind. Today, I braved our gusting winds to run outside. Wow - it really is much easier to run indoors on a treadmill. I was working much harder today. Still, I have completed my second W1!!! I am moving on to W2 next week.

I also followed a ballet conditioning DVD I just bought. Simple movements, but NOT easy. Wow!!

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm taking tomorrow off.:happy:
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

Just finished w1 d3. Feels good, but I'm worried abut w2. :embarassed: I have no pain or soreness, but my legs are tender. I made sure to stretch well after the work out.

I also try to walk at lunch time for about 20 min during the week, if the weather is bad then I do 10 min up and down 3 flights of stairs. I may start a 15 min walk before work, too...

On tuesdays I have a belly dance class and on thursdays I like to walk on the treadmill at incline 5 for 45 min. The base gym has a tread climber that I really like to use, but it has been out of commission for the last 2 weeks.:frown:

This weekend is busy, traveling to the mountains today for a harescramble race tomorrow. I'll end up hiking about a mile on the mc trails while taking pics of the racers...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sherri
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So, I did W1D1... sort of. :ohwell: I had printed out the program but left it in my car. I thought I remembered it saying to warm-up for five minutes, then alternate 60 sec. of jogging with 90 sec. of walking. Then cool down for 5 minutes. Well... I packed all that up in 20 minutes, instead of using the full 20 minutes for the alternating... and it turns out there was no cool down on the program. :ohwell: Oops. But... it's okay. I will try again on Monday... at least I know it's not impossible! I tell ya, though, after 60 sec. of running, I feel like I'm going to die, LOL
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this on Monday 8/31. My big problem is exercise. I really don't eat too badly. BUT.... I have lots of excuses for not exercising... lol... work out of town... work too many hours... take work home... company going through a merger... competing for a promotion... etc.

I used to jog/run in college. It was the only exercising that I had time for... which is why I think it will be perfect for me again. I ran about 5 days a week & about 2 miles. I was in fabulous shape too & my legs & rump were rockin'!! :laugh:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I started C25k last week and I have been hanging out on another thread. It is a very small thread and I would like to join you guys too for even more motivation and support. Is it OK if I join?

So far I have done 4 days of week one. I did an extra day because I had to walk through one of my runs on day 1. I am planning on moving to week 2 tomorrow. I am pretty nervous!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I started C25k last week and I have been hanging out on another thread. It is a very small thread and I would like to join you guys too for even more motivation and support. Is it OK if I join?

So far I have done 4 days of week one. I did an extra day because I had to walk through one of my runs on day 1. I am planning on moving to week 2 tomorrow. I am pretty nervous!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey doll, this sounds all to familiar, I too had to walk through the last run every day so far. It is actually really funny, i am running with my very skinny male friend with long legs and my other roommate who is skinnier than i am by about 50 poounds. Watching them running way ahead on the hills was a little discouraging, but then i though to myself, "that just means i am doing the same thing they are, only with 50 to 100 pounds more weight to carry around. AND I got them to start running, not the other way around." I just wish we didn't have to go up a big hill for the last run (which is why i ended up walking the last one. but on flat ground, they couldn't keep up with me. "is it time to walk again yet?" "We have to run again already?!" haha i have been having a blast with those two. welcome aboard!

Okay so on a more personal note, i am sure you guys have read the post about how i felt really beautiful the other day. Well since then, i have gotten a big old cold sore right on my lip, days before my bday. I was devistated when i felt it pop up. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth this morning and realized that even with this huge ugly thing, i still am very happy about my overall apperance, i am pretty sure that i actually look this good now. So anyways, i go over to my parents house today to drop of my laptop and my little sister comes out and says "wow mallory, you really are looking good. Have you lost weight?" very uplifting. So i am fiddling around with some stuff and she has gone back to bed by now, and i decide that it has been too long since last time i jumped on the scale. I almost jumped out of my skin when it said 223.6. I started this journey at 250 so you can see why i was so shocked. I thought i had only lost about 15 lbs so far, MAYBE. All i have to say is i have made about a bajillion phone calls to all my supporters while jumping up and doing a little happy dance. I was even 15 minutes late to work because of my excitement. Today is a really really good day. I am even more thrilled that i have you guys to share my success with. My short term goal was to be under 200 by new years, i have 4 months to loose 24 pounds. I may be able to loose that by halloween (which would be awesome) especially with this fitness challenge starting in a few days. wish me luck!

Thanks guys for letting me share! you are all awesome!
  • jlbay
    Options
    @ dwnjjugalette - aw - that's a great story! Congrats on the weight loss. It is good to post your good days on here - I haven't had that many lately, so I'm living vicariously through yours. Trying to keep a positive mindset is probably my biggest hurdle in pretty much everything I do.