hCG diet... proof...

Options
124»

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    For those of you who doubt HCG....

Actually you can't really talk unless you've read the protocol for HCG and did the actual whole diet. Just because you cut your calories for one week doesn't mean anything. Maybe you guys need to be a bit more educated. Sure, those HCG knock offs that are sold in stores aren't the real thing. You need to have a prescription and read the original scientific study.

I fully endorse HCG as long as you follow the protocol

and for those haters (vade43113) go find an anti HCG blog and leave this one for the believers.

Actually, vade43113 started this thread. I think you are infringing on their territory.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    read the original scientific study.

one.... SHOW ME THE ORIGINAL SCIENTIFIC STUDY!!! Show me what I did wrong? All I can find is that they cut their calories and live off a 1/4 of the amount the body has normally needs, on top of that take a hormone that acts as a backup to create sex hormones.

the two, If you love it so much... why are you here? Why did you not start your own thread, praising how it is some miracle drug that replaces the need to live healthy?.

Fine, Tell me, how long does a diet, a temporary fix for a lifetime issue, normally last? I will match your time just to prove it false.
    So, show me... teach me... I am not above being proven wrong. Prove me wrong, show me facts. Until I see them, you can call me Thomas... cause it was the disciple Thomas that had to see Jesus' scared hands before he would believe.
  • dinkyjr
    dinkyjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. Alright sorry for infringing this was just the first post that popped up when I searched.
    2. The original manuscript by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, "Pounds and Inches". if you care to read it in whole and educate yourself
    3. I already did start a thread after reading this one and I don't think I'll be back because you have to want to educate yourself on this topic and if you don't then so be it but don't put down others.
    4. It is a shorter time period of losing weight, and it's not for everyone. but the things you learn by completing it correctly the healthy eating habits and knowledge all go into the long lifetime goal of eating healthy and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
    5. Again, the only thing you can do is read it for yourself from the source, because no matter what i say your probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

That's that. I believe I'm done here.
    For those of you who are curious and want to follow this diet correctly please message me, if not then please don't.
    You may continue to life your life and keep your beliefs, and do what works for you!
  • vade43113
    Options
    I wasn't putting anyone down... you put me down, by saying I was a hater. By reporting a simple test I did. So, please use your own words
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting. I would never consider the HCG diet, but for those that are, at least they know they can save their money on the shots and just drink coffee instead. Much cheaper! Did weight come right back after you stopped? You might have said this and I missed it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1. Alright sorry for infringing this was just the first post that popped up when I searched.
    2. The original manuscript by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, "Pounds and Inches". if you care to read it in whole and educate yourself
    3. I already did start a thread after reading this one and I don't think I'll be back because you have to want to educate yourself on this topic and if you don't then so be it but don't put down others.
    4. It is a shorter time period of losing weight, and it's not for everyone. but the things you learn by completing it correctly the healthy eating habits and knowledge all go into the long lifetime goal of eating healthy and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
    5. Again, the only thing you can do is read it for yourself from the source, because no matter what i say your probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

For those of you who are curious and want to follow this diet correctly please message me, if not then please don't.
    You may continue to life your life and keep your beliefs, and do what works for you!

Here is some more reading

Stein et al. Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: a double-blind study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 29, 940-948

"HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiveness of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction."

Lijesen et al. The effect of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: a criteria-based meta-analysis. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;40(3):237-43.

"There is no scientific evidence that hCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being."

also see JAMA 236:2495–2497, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 29:940–948, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 12:230–234, 1963, S Afr Med J. 1990 Feb 17;77(4):185-9, West Journal of Medicine 127:461–463, 1977, Archives of Internal Medicine 137:151-155, 1977
  • 2monthstogo
    Options
    LOL So true! You need to eat the right food to loose unwanted pounds and exercise. It is no secret.
  • vade43113
    Options
    I am not getting at anyone... but
    The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

cutting the calories, does nothing... ;?
    If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-Calorie diet, but if the interruption lasts longer he must again eat normally until he has had his third injection

http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Dr_Simeons_Manuscript.htm

I haven't read all of it, but everything I have read about complications, are a side effects of starvation.
  • vade43113
    Options
    This is really interesting. I would never consider the HCG diet, but for those that are, at least they know they can save their money on the shots and just drink coffee instead. Much cheaper! Did weight come right back after you stopped? You might have said this and I missed it.

As I said earlier, my scale is broke, but from the fit of my clothes... haven't gone back to how they was. Though, I did go back to normal meals and exercises
  • xoxMandyxox
    xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Here is some more reading

Stein et al. Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: a double-blind study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 29, 940-948

"HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiveness of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction."

Lijesen et al. The effect of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: a criteria-based meta-analysis. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;40(3):237-43.

"There is no scientific evidence that hCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being."

also see JAMA 236:2495–2497, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 29:940–948, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 12:230–234, 1963, S Afr Med J. 1990 Feb 17;77(4):185-9, West Journal of Medicine 127:461–463, 1977, Archives of Internal Medicine 137:151-155, 1977

Oh snap!
  • vade43113
    Options
    If you want to do a reduced calorie diet, I can't stop you, but I will just say... read up on things that stop appetite feeling.

Look up, emotional eating... foods and other things like coffee, tea, oatmeal, eggs, even water can be used to surpress an appetite feeling
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Some people might say starvation mode lol.
    I'm not sure I understand. You proved that if you starve yourself for a week you'll lose some weight. What else would anyone expect to happen?