My princess strikes again with the NSV!

Options
osewcute
osewcute Posts: 244 Member
This morning I was snuggling with my 8 year old and I asked her "can you take some more pix of me today?" (I've been having her take pix of me every few weeks as a way to gauge my progress since my scale won't move)

She replied tentatively and touched my belly softly, like she was afraid of hurting my feelings, "you're trying to.....lose pounds, right?"

I chuckled and replied, "yes," fully prepared (I thought) for whatever her 8 year old self was going to tell me about my efforts.

She immediately gave me a huge grin, lit up like a Christmas tree, jumped up on the bed and said excitedly, "Mom! I don't even have to take the pix - I know you're losing pounds. Do you know how I know?!?!?! Because when we first started taking those pix, and I would come and jump on you after work and wrap my arms and legs around you, I couldn't reach my arms all the way around, but yesterday when you came home and I came to jump on and hang on you like a leech, I was able to put my arms all the way around AND I was able to lock my hands together like this!" At which point she proceeded to demonstrate how she locks her hands around me:)

Who needs a scale OR a tape measure? My baby girl is measuring me with her hugs and "locking" her hands around me:)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!