Lost 20 pounds and wearing the same size?! Help!

Options

Replies

• tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, have lost 21 pounds and in the same size jeans, but they are fitting loose and I have bought smaller tops!! Unfortunately, the next size lower jeans are still a little snug so I must wait a little longer. =(
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    all of this is so encouraging...thanks!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad - I wear leggings everyday. LOL! I'm just not a jeans-type girl. Jeggings would be perfect for me, I guess. Anyway, it took 15lbs before anyone noticed I lost weight and 20lbs before any sizes actually changed for me. That is incredibly aggravating, though! I feel for you.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    D
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and I had to lose about 15 lbs before my size changed. Height makes a difference. For some of my friends who are quite a bit shorter than me 5-10 lbs makes a huge difference up or down. For me 5-10 lbs hardly shows.
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Is there a reason you HAVE to lose a certain amount of weight in the time frame you gave? I mean, give yourself some leeway, especially when it comes to reducing some areas; not everyone's body is the same, so the weight will not reduce from somewhere just because we want it to or it has on someone else. It took me 50lbs to go down one size, and now I'm down another size in only 20 more pounds. You're losing; be happy and trust the process.

The reason for the deadline is because I am going on vacation for the first time in two years and it's the first vacation my fiancé and I are going on alone in the 6 years we've been together :)). I will be in a swimsuit the entire time and I just want to try and be the best I can be at that time. If I don't make the deadline, then that's ok but I am going to try.

Congrats on your weight loss btw :) 50 lbs is fantastic!
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive words. It makes me feel better that I'm not crazy. Haha. You all are amazing! :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I was so upset because I had lost over 20 lbs, but could still fit in the same size. I really started noticing the difference around 30. Now I have lost around 45 and was told the other day that I needed to go shopping because I looked like a bum! LOL! It will happen, just give it time :wink:.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I think it might be because you are tall.....I can gain or lose 20 and still fit in the same pants. It takes more of a weightr loss for me to need clothing size changes. Shorter people see a bigger difference with a 20 pound loss........I have lost 44 and can still fit in some of the same pants although they are loose now. Just be patient :)
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Kalbright79
    Options
    My problem is the opposite.......I am going down in clothes sizes but the scales haven't seemed to move. Just as frustrating!! I just don't understand it. I have been a member of MFP for almost a year and a half and have only lost 15 lbs. I have lost several pant sizes but I need the scale to move! :grumble:

Muscle weighs more than fat - fat takes up more room but weighs less! :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I havent read all of these but might I suggest strength training? Im 5 11 and wear a size 14. I havent lost much weight per say since I started weight lifting but my body composition has changed a lot! It would make a big difference in shredding inches off your body. And muscle burns more fat.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm at 195 and 5'4", and I wear size 16 or 18 jeans. The 18's are getting loose, but still fit. But at least I can get into the 16's again, I couldn't zip them before. Go try on some other brands or sizes. And who cares what the label says, if the jeans make you look hot because you lost 20 pounds! It seems with me, the last weight I put on (usually on top) is the first weight to come off. And the weight I had longest (bottom) is the most stubborn to go. So, keep losing, and eventually, you will wear smaller pants. BTW, my goal is to get into size 14 jeans! Size 12 would feel like I won the lottery! :laugh:
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses weight from different areas at different times. Sadly we don't have any control of this. I have seen every other measurement on me change except for my thighs (sigh). I was/ am in some of the pants (size 18) I have started losing weight in still after losing 20 pounds. (some before I came here) I know it can be depressing but keep up the good work and it will pay off. Remember you didn't put it on in a day and it isn't coming off in a day either :)

If you want friend me I am on every day :)
  • brandie_kelly
    Options
    Have you tried goin to a store and trying on new jeans? You may have lost a size but havent realized because of wearing the stretchy yoga pants and sweats (they stretch out and they fit just about any size really). Try on the size you think you wear and I bet youll be surprised to see that in fact you are a size smaller.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" and it took me losing 25-27 lbs before I dropped a size. It really depends where you lose the weight especially for your pants. Don't worry it will happen. I'm down a size almost 2! They fit but are pretty close to falling off me. Darn eh!!
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i vote you rip the tags outta your jeans and embrace the knowledge that your kickin *kitten* and takin names @!! and when they dont fit go shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Takes me 30+ pounds to lose a jean size. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    a size 14 goes very far

im 5'7 and in the 170s range of weight and still wear a size 14
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Ok, so since February I have lost 20 pounds, but my jeans size has literally not changed. I am currently 5'9 208lbs. Has this happened to anyone else? Mine just fit me a little better. And I refuse to wear them because I feel like I can't wear the size they are (14).. So I literally wear leggings, yoga pants, sweats from victorias secret, things like that EVERYDAY. And it makes me feel terrible. I havent worn jeans since december 2011. Anyone else have this issue? I have 38 more pounds to lose before August and I feel like I am never going to get there. Or like my workouts are going to be as effective? I know I don't always eat the best food, but i tey and eat it in moderation... Try. I also don't want to give up on everything I love either... This weightless is so hard, yet great. Anyone have some advice? Most of my weight is in my lower abdomen, bottom and thighs and my thighs are getting smaller my tummy is not. Also, using weights for my arms advice would greatly be appreciated! Lol.

Keep in mind that some of the weight loss will come from visceral fat--the kind that surrounds your organs and is linked with diseases. Also, as a female, you'll tend to lose weight more quickly in your upper body. Finally, the scale doesn't tell you everything--it's more about body composition. I was stuck at a size 6 for a LONG time, anywhere from 132-140 lbs. Then losing just a couple lbs--from 132 to 129--I fit into a 4! The key was a change in my body composition rather than just body weight. And sometimes you're just a few lbs away. :)