Passive aggressive much?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mishi1369
    Mishi1369 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump.. need to know why now! Lol I am hoping there is a super secret treat hidden in the fridge, although it does seem an odd place to hide it and an awful lot of work to install the latches to actually padlock it... in fact it all seems like too much work for a first step if this is a misguided and awful way to "help' you.... so weird. I vote for the sleep eating parents, or the Non-dairy creamer neighborhood thief.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Does your family have a strange sense of humor? Could they have done it for a goof? I can't imagine anyone doing this as a serious effort to keep you from getting in the fridge. I mean, there is other food in the house. I think it was just a harsh prank.

If I were in any other family, I would be "WTF that's so rude!!!" But knowing my family, they'd do it to mess with me. As a sick joke...because we are a highly inappropriate group of people. My dad used to try as hard as he could to make me laugh during church so people would give me dirty looks. We're just messed up lol

But unless your family is crazy like mine, I would be a bit put out by that. However, I have heard of people locking their fridges at night to keep snacking children or "sleep eaters" out of there. And that disease where you don't know you're not hungry, and you can literally eat yourself to death, but I'm guessing you don't have that.

I'd want one good explanation from whoever did it if I were you!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    So, it was my 21 year old little brother because supposedly I get up late to eat and I bother him! He was talking to my dad about this and never said anything to me... Hence, passive aggressive! So, it was a knock on me for interuppting him! He has two bedrooms he can sleep in and he chooses to sleep in the living room! I usually eat late, but not past midnight. The reason I do that is because of my insomnia, I sleep whenever I can so my eating habits are different than others, even though I stay within my calories!
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's so dumb! You would think someone you are related to could at least try to ask you nicely to be quiet first!

But then again, my little brother never asked nicely about anything! haha
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ok I haven't read all the comments but I just wanted to say all this is ridiculous and jumping the gun if you haven't found out who padlocked the fridge and why.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I'm not sure how to say this politely, and it's not meant to be rude, but...

If you look up "passive-aggressive" in the dictionary, there has to be something about having an issue with someone you are close to and complaining to everyone BUT them about it. You aren't helping things getting yourself riled up about it, tempesting an Internet teapot over it, and not talking to them about it. You're getting upset without finding out whether you SHOULD be upset.

Talk to them about it. Calmly, clearly, and now. Sit down with them over a cup of tea and ask, politely, why the lock is there. If the explanation is because they think you need help with weight loss, point out that you ARE losing weight and are on a path that is working, and explain that it upsets you and risks the plan that you, as an independent individual, are working on.

If the explanation is anything else, work it out like adults. Don't get angry. Work it out.

If both of you go passive-aggressive, things can get ugly very fast. I've seen relationships end in very nasty ways when neither will talk TO the other and they both do passive-aggressive things like talk ABOUT the other to everyone else (or on Internet forums).

Well put.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    So, it was my 21 year old little brother because supposedly I get up late to eat and I bother him! He was talking to my dad about this and never said anything to me... Hence, passive aggressive! So, it was a knock on me for interuppting him! He has two bedrooms he can sleep in and he chooses to sleep in the living room! I usually eat late, but not past midnight. The reason I do that is because of my insomnia, I sleep whenever I can so my eating habits are different than others, even though I stay within my calories!

That was one of the reasons he gave but probably concerned with your eating habits. You should sort that insomnia out and try to eat at regular intervals. You can have issues with hunger and binging when sleep out of wack.
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Um wouldn't have talking to you about it been better? Did your parents agree to this padlock escapade he did? Cause that is just plain rude. I would so be making more noise, cause let's face it, he should sleep somewhere else. :grumble:
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Ok I haven't read all the comments but I just wanted to say all this is ridiculous and jumping the gun if you haven't found out who padlocked the fridge and why.

My little brother did and when they speak to other people about it and not you, that's passive aggressive. I don't ask everyone to agree with me but maybe before adding your two cents, you should read every comment. Just sayin'!:smile:
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Well gotta say since I have my only little brother at 21 they can be really selfish and basically a jerk. He probably wasn't thinking about anything else. Boys can be idiots they still aren't even fully grown at like 40.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Agreed!
    Passive aggressive dont make sense to me. If I were in that position, Id get me a good set of bolt cutters and snip that lock. Ive never heard of such things. I would not describe you as passive aggressive for putting up with that, I would say saintly. even if its family, who locks their fridge anyway? These are indeed trouble times that we live in

I would go buy a mini fridge for myself, put some of my own food in it and padlock it as well. And set it down next to the big padlocked fridge!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Passive aggressive dont make sense to me. If I were in that position, Id get me a good set of bolt cutters and snip that lock. Ive never heard of such things. I would not describe you as passive aggressive for putting up with that, I would say saintly. even if its family, who locks their fridge anyway? These are indeed trouble times that we live i

My family padlocked our fridge and key locked the pantry to keep my autistic brother from eating everything. His meds at the time made him hungry all the time.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Uhm what?? That's like pad locking the bathroom because the flushing interrupts your sleep. :noway: