Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have some fruits and veges once in a while, but I prefer to eat clean so I primarily eat snickers, cheesecake and plenty of BBQ.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes, I struggle with eating junkfood every single day. I crave chocolate every day and it sucks. I just have to allow myself to have a little and not go overboard. I have really really cut down since I have been logging again and since my diary is no longer private.

It might really help you to work out whether you are addicted to chocolate (cacao) or the sugar...if you're addicted to CHOCOLATE then you can have yourself some nice 80% dark chocolate which is pretty good for you in small doses.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If I'm going crazy wanting it, I do, but I don't just go buy it on a whim anymore. And I try to keep it out of the house. Which means buying a pack of M&Ms if I want chocolate instead of something that will call to me from the kitchen for several days.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, I struggle with eating junkfood every single day. I crave chocolate every day and it sucks. I just have to allow myself to have a little and not go overboard. I have really really cut down since I have been logging again and since my diary is no longer private.

It might really help you to work out whether you are addicted to chocolate (cacao) or the sugar...if you're addicted to CHOCOLATE then you can have yourself some nice 80% dark chocolate which is pretty good for you in small doses.

I do worko out about 4-5 times a week. I don't let my chocolate or sugar addiction stop me from getting fit. And I don't mind dark chocolate. I know it is healthier. Milk chocolate is my fav though :-)
  • nancyldok
    nancyldok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went off today, and had chips and chocolate. But I stayed under goal calories and exercised. I am trying to eat better but didn't do as well today
  • bjules79
    bjules79 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth! I allow myself dessert everyday and make it fit into my calorie goals, sometimes adding excercise to make it. Ditto the binging if I deny myself or try to sub something else. I end up eating more before finally giving in! Sweetened (artificial or not) drinks are a no no for me, I try to avoid drinking my calories. And I do try to avoid eating anything with HFCS, even though there are debates about how bad it is over sugar...

Someone once said that if you're going to have a treat, you should make it yourself. That has helped some as well.
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    Honestly junk food is a trigger food for me. I wish I was like the lucky few that could just eat a couple of chips, or one bite size chocolate bar , but I'm not. I eat one bite of something and then wind up eating the whole bag. If you can do it and are under your calories for the by then by all means a small indulgence wouldn't hurt. If your like me and junk food is like crack, then best keep it out of your house or give it away to friends.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want, just as long as it fits in with the allotted calories and other macros. The way I see it, if I can allow myself to have a little, then I wont be tempted to have a helluva lot later on.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Yes we eat basically healthy but we do have our " junk food" almost everyday. We make sure any of our snacks are portion controlled now, and we always read labels, when we are craving something then read the label, and the calories are soo high ,we then decide if all those calories are really worth it, sometimes we really want it and decide to have a half portion, or we pick something else..or we just eat it. NO GUILT !! For my husband and I it's a lifestyle change..we eat anywhere from 300- 500 "snack calories" a day...( healthy and "junkie" ) been working GREAT..in 13 weeks my husband and I hit our goal..I am down 16 pounds and he is down almost 30...and we dont feel deprived at all !!

That's what I do, too. I check the calories on everything (obviously, LOL) and weigh almost everything out. If it's too high a calorie sacrifice, I swap it for something equally unhealthy but less calorific. One thing I do like, though, is these WW choc yogurt/pudding thingies. They're like 62 calories per pot and they taste pretty good too. £1 for 2, and if you eat two, it's only a 124 calorie sacrific anyway. But, yeah, if I want something really bad and it's very high (I consider anything above 400 cals high, depending on the size of it) I'll have a small bit. But the rest of it better be going somewhere FAR away from me because I WILL eat the rest.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Honestly junk food is a trigger food for me. I wish I was like the lucky few that could just eat a couple of chips, or one bite size chocolate bar , but I'm not. I eat one bite of something and then wind up eating the whole bag. If you can do it and are under your calories for the by then by all means a small indulgence wouldn't hurt. If your like me and junk food is like crack, then best keep it out of your house or give it away to friends.

^^!!!!!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ooops posted twice!
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate cake for lunch... made me almost puke when I worked out after though
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as it's in moderation.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    sure, but I choose what and when pretty carefully...no more grazing! But if I want some Doritos, I'll have a snack size bag, carefully log it, and enjoy it!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat lots of junk food, just not lots at once. On top of that I usually go over my net calories on weekends thanks to beer and no exercise and the treat meal for saturday dinner, but apart from the past couple of weeks where I have been slightly over thanks to public holidays (less chance to exercise) I am always under my weekly net cals.
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I cheat like once a week. I have a huge sweet tooth so I will have a piece of chocolate or something once a week. I was doing great for a while and almost went a month without it but I started having withdrawals..lol.
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I'd eat a Klondike bar almost everyday and I still managed to drop 6 lbs pretty quickly. The more I got closer to my goal though, I realized it wasn't a good idea to waste 400 calories on one thing that wasn't very filling.
  • smexyaddie
    Options
    I still eat the food -mostly junk i want while i try to lose weight i just eat with moderation and if i feel that it is too much, i make sure that i burn some from exercise and veggies :)
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    If I have extra cals I'd much rather have a salad, or protein...not a candy. 100cal of say a snickers is not the same & will affect my body different than 100 of say...halibut. just cuz I could fit it into my intake...all calories are not equal ;) no...I do not eat junk
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Yep I eat it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition