Alcohol & Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I live in St. Louis - so what I do might be a sin - but I've found my favorite low-calorie beer is Miller Lite. 96 calories for a 12 oz bottle.

Of course, the reason I generally try to avoid beer is because toward the end of a late night I get hungry! And of course, with alcohol fogging up my judgment I always wind up getting late-night Taco Bell or Jack in the Box.
  • Tiff216
    Tiff216 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The way that I still enjoy having a drink while watching calories is to have Vodka and diet, or I do a flavored one. Sometimes it is Vanilla vodka and Diet Rootbeer! YUM YUM!!!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I exercise a lot, so I am usually able to make room in my diet for things. I usually leave myself 200 or 400 calories if I want one or two beers. An overwhelming number of studies correlate moderate alcohol consumption with better health and longer life, so I consider my nightly IPA or two health drinks.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    frontera chardonnay is 77 calories per 6oz...i scanned the barcode the other day. and it's only $10 per magnum...i haven't scanned frontera cab, but it is a great table wine (one of the best for the price). i also drink vodka soda with a splash of lime...scanned absolute, and it is 109 calories per shot (1.7oz) nice and cool for the summer :) I use a food scale to measure everything so that I don't pour heavily and know exactly what i'm drinking.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Sometimes it is Vanilla vodka and Diet Rootbeer! YUM YUM!!!
    That sounds delicious! Might have to try one next time I'm craving a root beer float.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 pounds since January and still enjoy 3-6 bacardi and diet cokes a night. The trick, like everything else at MFP, is to LOG EVERYTHING. 1 ounce of bacardi in a diet coke is about 65 calories. I plan my eating out knowing if I plan on having any drinks that night.
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have wine go with red. Yes it's higher in calories than white but it also has some health benefit too. Anti-oxidants etc.
  • Laszlo_Panaflex
    Laszlo_Panaflex Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to try them... all of them!
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda, Tall, squeeze of lime and lemon. Only 25 calories each. You could use the flavored soda water too, I just don't like artificial sweeteners. But they also would only be 25 per serving.