I LOVE this! How sweet is she???
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Aw super cute. Kids sometimes say the worst things, but also the best! X
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Your little princess sounds like an absolute star! What a great NSV and an awesome recognition of your hard work. :)
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    :happy: That is sooooo adorably cute! I have a 3 year old girl and she gets excited when i workout, she says "mommy, you going to do your dance? I want to watch" I do Jillian Michaels, so its FAR from dancing, but i LOVE it so i smile through it and she will cheer me on and tell me to get lower or jump like the girls on the TV. .. Gotta LOVE the children. Just when you think they are going to say something embaressing, they say something sweet, almost makes you want to cry. GREAT JOB so far :bigsmile:
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awww! Tears and goose bumps! What a cute story, thank you for sharing it that totally made my day :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    aww.....this is sooo sweet...my daughter told me the same thing..its awesome how they have their own gauges..who needs a scale when lovely hugs are all the measurements we need
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    lovethisdotcom!!!
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This was incredibly sweet and inspiring. I have no children or significant other, but this gave my heart such delight! :)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    OHHHH what a beautiful story I know that made your day!!!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Can't ask for anything better! That's awesome :smile:
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT NSV!! Very nicely put by your 8 yr old!!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    This morning I was snuggling with my 8 year old and I asked her "can you take some more pix of me today?" (I've been having her take pix of me every few weeks as a way to gauge my progress since my scale won't move)

She replied tentatively and touched my belly softly, like she was afraid of hurting my feelings, "you're trying to.....lose pounds, right?"

I chuckled and replied, "yes," fully prepared (I thought) for whatever her 8 year old self was going to tell me about my efforts.

She immediately gave me a huge grin, lit up like a Christmas tree, jumped up on the bed and said excitedly, "Mom! I don't even have to take the pix - I know you're losing pounds. Do you know how I know?!?!?! Because when we first started taking those pix, and I would come and jump on you after work and wrap my arms and legs around you, I couldn't reach my arms all the way around, but yesterday when you came home and I came to jump on and hang on you like a leech, I was able to put my arms all the way around AND I was able to lock my hands together like this!" At which point she proceeded to demonstrate how she locks her hands around me:)

Who needs a scale OR a tape measure? My baby girl is measuring me with her hugs and "locking" her hands around me:)

Wow! Anyone got an 8 year old to lend me?
  • stevemillar
    stevemillar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    awww :)
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That was beautiful
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So sweet! Congrats on your loss so far!
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Aw, that's so adorable. Congratulations on your hard work! xx
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! She made me cry!!! What a wonderful NSV!!!
  • jennysuew
    jennysuew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That must have felt amazing! What a precious little girl!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    PRICELESS!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!