30 Day Shred: Jillian Micheals

Options

Replies

• tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group. I need the motivation for sure. I have had the DVD for months and got through the first 4 days so I will be restarting tomorrow.:love:
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :smile: Okay...I started a group titled 30 Day Shred April. I dont really know how to do this very well, but we can learn together! lol. Can people please try to add and let me know if it is up and running? Thank you!
    I think this link should work... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5000-30-day-shred-april
    I joined :drinker:

Thank you Wonderfulness! :)
  • mizzfitnesss
    mizzfitnesss Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Where do I start, I bought the DVD a year ago. I started and stopped as many time as I can remember. I could never get pass the easy part (part one). Well after reading everyone’s replies I’m going to start on tomorrow. If you all can do it so can I.:smile:
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels (the person, not the marketing ploy) intended the 30 Day Shred to be a workout followed in the following format: 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. So when I did the shred, for instance, I did

Mon: 30 DS
    Tues: 30 DS
    Wed: Cardio
    Thurs: 30 DS
    Fri: 30 DS
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Rest

Breaking it up did help a lot. I think 30 days straight, or even 5 per week would be too much for the muscles to get optimal healing time. But I guess that's just my preference. :O)

I did the 30 DS in March with very little rest days - if I skipped a day, I would do a double workout on the weekend because I THOUGHT you had to do it for 30 days straight ... then I found out how Jillian actually intended it which is exactly what this says - I wish I would have known that when I started; HOWEVER, I did lose 11 inches all around so I was very happy with my results. I don't own a scale so not sure if I lost any weight, but I definitely lost inches. Please don't get discouraged if you don't lose the pounds while doing this program - you do lose more inches for the most part. I did this and only this workout, so if you are incorporating other workouts, then you may have way better results. And eating better helps as well. Count your calories. I am currently doing her Ripped in 30 and I like it a lot. If any one has any questions about the program, feel free to ask. Anyone can friend me as well. Good luck to all who take on this venture - it's not easy, but it's worth it!

** the above part was supposed to be quoted from another poster - I didn't post that originally, sorry for any confusion!
  • Yasmeen174
    Options
    Jillian Michaels (the person, not the marketing ploy) intended the 30 Day Shred to be a workout followed in the following format: 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. So when I did the shred, for instance, I did

Breaking it up did help a lot. I think 30 days straight, or even 5 per week would be too much for the muscles to get optimal healing time. But I guess that's just my preference. :O)

I did the 30 DS in March with very little rest days - if I skipped a day, I would do a double workout on the weekend because I THOUGHT you had to do it for 30 days straight ... then I found out how Jillian actually intended it which is exactly what this says - I wish I would have known that when I started; HOWEVER, I did lose 11 inches all around so I was very happy with my results. I don't own a scale so not sure if I lost any weight, but I definitely lost inches. Please don't get discouraged if you don't lose the pounds while doing this program - you do lose more inches for the most part. I did this and only this workout, so if you are incorporating other workouts, then you may have way better results. And eating better helps as well. Count your calories. I am currently doing her Ripped in 30 and I like it a lot. If any one has any questions about the program, feel free to ask. Anyone can friend me as well. Good luck to all who take on this venture - it's not easy, but it's worth it!

** the above part was supposed to be quoted from another poster - I didn't post that originally, sorry for any confusion!

Join the 30 Day Shred April group. We could use your insight and expertise :)
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    hi ladies
    i do the shred it with weights
    i just want to know what people class it as in the exercise part of this site???
  • Yasmeen174
    Options
    hi ladies
    i do the shred it with weights
    i just want to know what people class it as in the exercise part of this site???

Track it as Circuit Training for now. Try to invest in a HRM so you can create your own exercise and track your individual calores burned.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I will be starting the 30 Day Shred later this afternoon. I have ordered the 90 day program - JM Body Revolution but it appears I will not be receiving it for another 2-3 weeks. So, I decided to do the 30 Day Shred before it arrives. If I have good results with the shred, I will stick with it for 30 days before starting body revolution.

I am just starting my fitness/diet journey and need help keeping me on track! I am so glad I found you all :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options

That is interesting. I have been alternating the 30 DS with my regular interval training program. I think I will try doing it this way. I only have .4 lb. left to my goal.

• cskillman3
    Options
    Hi all!!

I join this site last year and learnt about 30DS and did it in the run up to my holidays to get my bikini boday back (after shredding some weight through dieting) and I have to say I never felt better in a bikini that I did on that holiday - and I didn't even complete the 30 days!!

I started the DVD again as I am heading to Mexico in June and want that feeling back...

I'm on Week 1, Day 5 and can really feel myself gettin back to the level I was before.

Keep me motivated... I'll join the group now!
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    i am just about to start level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, having done 10 days of level 1.
    Took some before photos (thou i didnt do measurements) and took some more photos this morning, and it wasn't until i compared them side by side that i was like 'hey, there is a big difference' and my friend who i sent them to said she could really see a different also. It has given me the motivation to keep going...lets see how Level 2 treats me today.

I have been doing the work out everyday, and i normally run as well but ive been a little under the weather last few day so have left out the running for a while. I am due to go away for a couple of days next week, so i will miss a couple of days but i plan to pick up where i left off and hopefully all will be fine.

Good Luck everyone
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    i am just about to start level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, having done 10 days of level 1.
    Took some before photos (thou i didnt do measurements) and took some more photos this morning, and it wasn't until i compared them side by side that i was like 'hey, there is a big difference' and my friend who i sent them to said she could really see a different also. It has given me the motivation to keep going...lets see how Level 2 treats me today.

I have been doing the work out everyday, and i normally run as well but ive been a little under the weather last few day so have left out the running for a while. I am due to go away for a couple of days next week, so i will miss a couple of days but i plan to pick up where i left off and hopefully all will be fine.

Good Luck everyone

That's GREAT! Someone told me earlier that they believe you see the most changes in level 2 (where I am as well), so I'm looking forward to seeing my results! :smile:
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    well, thank you for that post because it has definately given me extra motivation to kick some butt on level 2 lol
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    well, thank you for that post because it has definately given me extra motivation to kick some butt on level 2 lol

Level 2 sucks, BTW. :wink: That's just making me more determined to keep getting better and get through all of it... And look forward to level 3! :laugh:
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just did level 2 for the first time. I may never get past it... I can feel it in my legs already!
  • shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just came across this post. I am on Day 3 of 30 DS and it is kicking my butt. I have been reading a lot of good reviews on this DVD and that is my motivation to stick with it. I hope I see some good results at the end. Anyways, please feel free to add me because I definitely need extra motivation and encouragement. Come we can do it!!!:happy:
  • Yasmeen174
    Options
    :smile: Okay...I started a group titled 30 Day Shred April. I dont really know how to do this very well, but we can learn together! lol. Can people please try to add and let me know if it is up and running? Thank you!
    I think this link should work... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5000-30-day-shred-april
    I joined :drinker:

Thank you Wonderfulness! :)
  • butterflye09
    Options
    Hey, i'm in. I've had this dvd for over a year, so i decided to dust if off. I'm on level 1 day 8 completed this morning. We can do this!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it and as soon as it gets here, I'm starting!!!
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    I also just ordered it today. Can't wait to try it!