no calories left - what now???

Options

Replies

• jammasterduggs
    Options
    30 minute walk , throw in a few jogs, three set of 12 body weight squats, some press ups maybe three sets of 4-6, 50 sit ups as quick as possible then have a nice egg white omelette with whatever veg you want yummmmmmmerz
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    hopefully-lesson learned.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Work out!! Gives you some calories to eat :) Go for a bike ride.. run up and down the stairs (3 sets of 10 up and down)... Easy Peasy!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Calories burned from exercise raises your calorie intake.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    workout and earn some extra calories, or just go over and try and do better tomorrow. Dont skip dinner though, that will just make you more hungry and likely to go over again tomorrow. everyone has days like that its not the end of the world x
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    work out?
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I am with everyone else in that you need to earn your dinner by working out. I will do this sometimes if i know i am going out to dinner i will exercise to get extra calories as i know i will go over. You got this! Do better tomorrow! :smile:
  • brandonmccloskey
    brandonmccloskey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Depending on your height/weight/age doing a 5k (3.2 mile) walk at a 2.5/3.5mph pace will burn about 500-600 (taken from my HRM). This should allow you the calories for dinner. If your not exercising START there are DVDs out there for under $20, which comes in handy if you don't have a gym membership.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Research BMR and TDEE (There's many opinions on these forums)... You may chose to up your daily calorie intake anyhow and not to stress out at all.

Regardless, it's better to go a few hundred calories over your limit than to skip a meal. You have to eat 3500 extra calories to gain a pound, and your allowance is already set below what you're burning in a day.

Eat. Start your next day fresh, and try to budget better tomorrow.
  • brandonmccloskey
    brandonmccloskey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another thing don't go by your BMR go off of the calorie goal that MFP gives you! Your BMR calories is what it takes to maintain your weight.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Another thing don't go by your BMR go off of the calorie goal that MFP gives you! Your BMR calories is what it takes to maintain your weight.

True! Google a bunch of BMR calculators... Then do research about why people think you shouldn't eat below that number. Then decide for yourself what your calorie goal should be. Dont just mindlessly trust the one MFP gives you.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it.

I wouldn't skip dinner. I would still eat...something small. Maybe tons of veggies and water? That is good...
    Or, maybe do another workout so you can eat a little more.

That being said, sometimes it is good to go a little over. Gives your body the energy it needs... :)
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    exercise! :)

but if you go over, it's not the end of the world.. don't beat yourself up if it's a one-time thing

THIS! ^
  • hastenbeck
    Options
    thank you everyone for your advice and support, have booked into a spinning class so that i can "earn my dinner" x x :):)
  • MelanieL1984
    Options
    Don't skip dinner, this will slow your metabolism because your body will slow it down as a natural way to save nutrients in "starvation mode." Excercise and eat a light dinner, like it was discuss on other posts.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    For the love of god, please don't skip dinner. Eat some chicken or fish and veggies. Go for a walk. Go over if you absolutely can't drag your butt for some kind of workout...but PLEASE!!!! DON'T SKIP DINNER!!!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Work out! Make your own calories (but use a HRM so you aren't lying to yourself). :smile:

Do this ALL the time. Eating more is the best incentive to exercise ever.

Yes it is! Sometimes knowing that it will allow me to have a treat/nice meal/whatever is what get me on the machine, especially on days where I am close to my totals.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you're at work, I'd climb up & down several flights of stairs for 30 minutes before leaving work. That should be enough for a grilled chicken salad or hard boiled eggs with salad.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your advice and support, have booked into a spinning class so that i can "earn my dinner" x x :):)

^^^^ Fantastic decision. Congratulations to you!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Go shake a tail feather and burn a little, than eat reasonably.