Advise Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Options

Replies

• Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    FT7 and I love love love it. Easy set up.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i'm also part of the FT4 crowd. :)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    FT7
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have the FT7 and I just changed the battery on the wrist unit as well as the chest strap myself (above poster mentioned you have to take it to a shop to change the battery). Maybe I wasn't 'supposed' to but it had 'open and shut' directions on the battery lids so I went ahead and changed those myself.

The FT7 is wonderful! I use it for Kickboxing, HIIT's and similar workouts, couldn't have asked for better in that price range. Very accurate and very comfortable. I would highly recommend the FT7!

The back will NOT come off the transmitter...I`ve tried everything..
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    FT4

Love love love love love love love love it!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60.... Many of my friends have the lesser ones and love them but wish they had spent the extra to get the 60. The more info you put it the more accurate your readings will be! Enjoy... you wont regret it!
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves Polar, I did too until I discovered Suunto. I feel all around it is a superior HRM, across all their lines. From ease of use to cosmetics. I wear mine swimming and have done so for over a year. The FT7 was nice and there is certainly nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the Suunto. The chest strap is also far more comfortable.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT7. My only complaint is that sometimes the chest strap either fails or the watch does and it drops my heart rate to 00 or raises it up to something ridiculous like 241. When it works, it's fantastic.
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got the FT40 too. I really like it! You can compare on the Polar website.

Me too! And you can change the batteries on both the transmitter and the watch yourself. Plus, the transmitter actually snaps on and off of the chest strap, which saves battery power. I got mine on Amazon.com. My watch is white, and I wear it all the time.
  • DonnaLRB
    Options
    I also have the FT7. My only complaint is that sometimes the chest strap either fails or the watch does and it drops my heart rate to 00 or raises it up to something ridiculous like 241. When it works, it's fantastic.

Erratic HR numbers could mean the battery is low.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    FT40.
    i find it very user friendly. i paid $108 for it on amazon.
    It includes a fitness test which you can take while laying down... just another way to determine your level of fitness!

I got this one too and I love it, I use it almost everyday! No problems, I've had it since Christmas!
  • DonnaLRB
    Options
    I've wondered whether to get one of these too but most of my workouts tend to be aqua ones because they a low impact and good fun. Is there one that I could use for swimming or aqua aerobics? And what stops the chest band slipping when you are jumping about? Are they a problem to wear for the bustier woman?

Chest straps are elastic and adjustable, so they're fine in the water and fine for full figures. Most of the models are fine to depths of at least 10 ft, JUST DON'T PRESS ANY OF THE BUTTONS ON THE WATCH WHILE YOU'RE IN THE WATER, it breaks the seal.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I wanted the FT7 but hated the colours, so I got an FT4. I love it!!!!! (once I figured out how to lock the buttons during a workout).
    Make sure you check for what you need - not all have interval/lap timing, which some people want.

Lol i loved the FT7 colours that was weird
    It has great reporting on it too, daily, weekly burn n what not, and splits your workout into fat burn/fitness by time
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4. It works really well, and I love the chest strap.

It's also pink, which makes it the best choice ;)

^^^^THIS and I only spent $58 w/ shipping at bodytronics.com
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Looking at buying a Polar heart rate montior and am not sure which one? What are your favorites?

And you want it for what purpose exactly, because Polar has a wide range, cheap with very few training options, but you can get a calorie count and tweak it for accuracy, to more expensive with more tweaks, and actual training features like interval timers and dual line displays, ect.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    FT4, I love it
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love my FT7
  • mwood777
    mwood777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 Mens and love it. I forget why I bought the mens one, but you can choose which sex you are in the settings...go figure!
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So I am curious. Is the Polar HRM the same as the bodybugg or fitbit or bodymedia or link?

I so want something like this but I am not sure if they all do the same thing. I want to see how many calories I burn all day, every day doing different things and sleeping. I also would like a pedometer to track steps.
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love my FT7, I've heard from others at the gym that they've had trouble with the FT4 getting interference if they stand too close to someone else wearing a HRM.