Where are all the 20 somethings?

Options

Replies

• haprintz
    haprintz Posts: 3
    Options
    27, almost 28 (omg) but lots left to go! Eating out is the worst. Two of my best friends are doing weight watchers so that has been a help but so hard!!!
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    27 with 15 lbs to go - always looking for friends to support and encourage as well as others who will hold me accountable! :)
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm new! (Well kinda had mfp for forever but never used the message boards before) I'm 24 and I need to loose around 60lbs! Since I moved away from home to a city where I know NOONE, I really have found my motivation has slumped because I have noone to encourage me, so hopefully this forum will help!! I have started doing Zumba cardio and sculpt and tone, and have never sweated so much in my life, but I have to admit its super fun! My issue with loosing weight isn't that I eat too much, it's that I don't eat enough.. some days I barely touch 700 cals.. and I know this is bad because it puts my body into starvation mode so when I do eat it goes straight to the belly, but I just never feel hungry!! Does anyone else have this problem?!
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    27 here. Been exercising regularly which helps cause I dont have to feel hungry during the day because I earn my food. Need to do more though just tried textured protein actually good compared to what I have been fearing for years.
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    I'm 28 - I have just over one more year in my twenties :*(
    Oh well - too bad I waited until I was 27 to start looking my best. I feel like I blew my twenties away with being overweight!!! Good for you getting it done while you're younger. Your skin will thank you.

Ok then - good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend - unless I'm too old...LOL!!!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, but I still have about 30lbs to lose =/ Add me if you wish though!
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm going to contribute nothing of importance or gain here. Only to say that I am 26 and good lord, this thread makes me feel old and sad when realizing that I now reside closer to the "30 somethings" group. How did this happen?!
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 with about 10 more to lose.
  • ozo27
    ozo27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    YAY a forum for me, I am also in my 20's with 10 lbs left to go. Really Id just like to shrink my waist line about 5 more inches arrrggghh :-( Please add me its so nice to know people in your age category going through the same thing.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    23 Only really need to lose 15-20 but would love to see 25 go lol..
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    Hello. I am 26 and want to loose 7 to 10 more pounds. I don't have a problem with drinking and partying because I do neither, but I do love to eat out and I love carbs and sweets. that is where my problem lies and what I need to change about my diet. I workout 5 to 6 times a week but the last couple of pounds are not coming off for nithng, I am loosing inches but I want to see the weight drop!
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    25 here! I'm almost at my goal weight but these last 5lbs have been the toughest for sure. I love having new friends so anyone who wants to add me feel free! :flowerforyou:
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 21, and thanks to good old teen pregnancy, I still have 49 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me anyway though lol
  • shiloh911
    shiloh911 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 24 and just joined the site today. I'm just starting out but I want to lose about 10 pounds. More importantly, I want to be more active since I normally sit at the computer all day for school and then I come home and read or play video games. I'm a graduate student, so something that's going to be tough for me is trying to eat well on a budget (although something that has helped with that is my favorite cooking blog, Budget Bytes--check it out!) and find active things to do that don't cost a lot of money. Any advice would be really helpful!
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    26 here....i've lost 27lbs since the first of this year...still have about that much more to go...but when i do go out to drink I usually order diet coke and rum. rum has about 70 calories per shot. I just make room for it in my day. you can have 2 or 3 and not do much damage...and if you do happen to go over a little bit one day, who cares? losing weight is a slow process not to be rushed if you want to be successful and keep it off.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    29 :) I have 22 lbs to lose!!! I've restarted my weight loss journey 16 days ago. Add me if you all want :)
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, will be 22 in July. I am pretty much at maintenance scale wise (only 3 lbs from the goal weight I had set). I'm just working on getting stronger, learning to run distances, & tightening up the belly, hips, & thigh area. Feel free to add.

I turn 22 in July too! When is your birthday? Mine is the 2nd :)
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 days away from 21 years old and I'm looking to lose 15 more lbs or just lowering my body fat %.

feel free to add me :)
  • ElliR
    ElliR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    27 here, looking to lose about 13 pounds and keep them off, determined now after lots of false starts, Hope this place will help.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I've been holding at 29 for about 6 years now.. does that count??