20 Second Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Options

Replies

• sweetpea_73
    Options
    Always looking for something chocolatey to eat.
  • anraq13
    anraq13 Posts: 16
    Options
    I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!

Ive made this before when I was on the hCg diet, but we made it with almond flour along with all the other ingrediants,....and omitted baking powder. I don't really think it tastes good with baking powder and really it's not necessary you still get that same goodness of guilt free heaven :)
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kboggs6763
    kboggs6763 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • AshHerch
    AshHerch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AshleyF1991
    Options
    OMG, I am so trying this when I get home tonight!
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds great ... and i see you got a lot of 'bumps' in reply .... ooooh now I have to show my ignorance :blushing: ... what is 'bump' ... anyone out there care to tell me please :smile: Thank you

"Bump" is the word we put to either -bump the thread to the top of the list- or -to put our mark on it so we can easily find it in the "My Topics" tab later-. Sometimes I bump a recipe so I can find it later. :wink:
  • celave1
    celave1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thank You THANK YOU!!!
  • CosmicLuv
    Options
    bump = )
  • heatherjns
    heatherjns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I need something like this with less ingredients that I can make at work...any suggestions?
  • shoosh413
    shoosh413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    might make this tommorow yum
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    yummmm
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    just made some for me and me haha

Did your haha like it?
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just made it but with a bit of variation. I used cinnamon instead of splenda and did not use any baking powder. I just put a couple of almonds on the top with a slight drop of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon and WAllah!! it was heaven. My wife could not believe it.

Thanks for making my day.

Take care.
  • chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yum