Looking for friends who need to lose 100 lbs!

Options
Hi everyone :wink:
My name is Corissa and I've been on MFP now for quite some time only l really would get on just to use the tools and have never really added friends. I also HAD a bad habit of deleting my profile and starting over. Well this time I'm not going to. I've had some time to really look at the site and have been so impressed and inspired by all of the success stories, especially those who have had to lose a lot of weight. Right now, I'm considered "obese". Also to have a normal BMI, for my height of 5'4", I would need to weight between 130-140. With that said, I need to lose over 100 lbs to reach that. But I'm gonna work on this slowly. Heck, I can't even remember being below the 200's anytime after I had my daughters. I'm currently doing a little birthday challenge with a good friend. We have a small term goal weight of 20 lbs by June 1st and then will meet up for dinner and celebrate our birthday's together. The catch is we can't see each other from now until then. So anyway, I'm looking for more friends. Anyone who has a lot of weight to lose and needs support please feel free to add me! We can support each other!! :happy:

Replies

• TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am working towards losing 100lbs .
  • TheNewCrystal
    Options
    Good luck with your fitness plan! I am currently doing very very well with mine! Im here to give/receive moral support from whoever needs it, or wants to give it!
  • damerdar
    damerdar Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I've still got over 140 lbs to lose.
  • Cari40
    Cari40 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just started too, wanting to lose close to 100 pds. So please add me and hopefully we can support each other.
  • Newfifer
    Newfifer Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there, I've done the same, used the tools and only have a few friends, though they're good at noticing when I disappear but this week's been a new start for me and I have over 100lbs to wave goodbye to as well, I'll send you a request :)
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can add me I need to lose 112lbs though 29.2lbs have gone now. I will be here for the long haul, I lose very slowly
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Corissa, I'm Debbie. I just joined MFP a couple of weeks ago & love it. I can't believe such a great site is totally free!
    I'm in the same boat you are. I'm also 5'4" and need to lose over 100 pounds. I'm currently on a 90 day challenge with Visalis (shake meal replacement for 2 meals/ day). I just finished my first month on the 15th & have lost 14 pounds to date. I've now reached a frustrating plateau <arrrggh!> Trying not to get frustrated. After all, it took years to gain all this weight so it may take years to lose it.

I love your short term contest with your friend, that's a great idea.

Also love the idea of supporting each other along our journey.

Debbie
  • jennyjjudd
    Options
    Hi, Add me, I'm currently working towards a mini goal of 21lbs before my holiday on 22nd June.

I have 100 lbs at least to lose, and would appreciate any support and give support when i can.

I have been really committed, but fell off the wagon today, but I'm determined to get back on tomorrow.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    By the end of this journey I will have lost over 100 lbs!
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, 5"3 and weigh 233lbs... Im looking to get down to at least 150-170 (back in high school doc told me 170 was healthy for me because I have a lot of muscle).. Anyway I think we have almost similar stats,,, feel free to add me as well as anyone else who would like some support and motivation... have a nice day all :)
  • noradeforest
    Options
    Good for you Corissa! I have to admit, your post sounded very familiar. I've started and stopped "myfitnesspal" more than once. I too, never added friends, and when I lost my motivation, any weight I had lost crept back. I am finally realizing that I don't have to do this on my own and that asking for help is a good thing. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm working on losing 113lbs!
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I still have 80 or so lbs to put me at goal and that will be over 100.
  • cabeaver1842
    Options
    i am new to this program and haveing trouble making it work for me--but i need to lose at least 100lbs
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! I have at least 103 lbs to lose. I have used this site before and lost 40 lbs in 7 months. Surround yourself with good MFP friends (there are a lot of negative nancies out here) and you will succeed. And we can help each other. :) Hope to see you soon!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey Corissa! From beginning to end I will have lost over 100 pounds, I am almost half way there! :drinker: I would love to support you and be some extra encouragement during those tough times that will come with the journey of losing weight. :smile:

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I had 150lbs to lose total and am down 37.
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 100 more pounds. Anyone who's in the same boat please feel free to add me!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Same here ...Feel free to add me as well! 7 weeks ago today I joined and I haven't looked back! It's been AMAZING! I have my good days and bad but it gets better and better everyday! The hard work and determination are SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!~

Feel free to add me! I am going to lose 100 lbs too and I am 17 in (as of today officially - Weigh-In Wednesday)
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im working on my 100 pounds too!! Im gonna add you and everyone else, feel free to add me!!