Where are all the 20 somethings?

Replies

• Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    27 here with 20 lbs to go. Looking forward to keeping off the weight this time! I'm also not into the party scene and never was. However my friends in college who were made a big point to stay active to keep those calories away. They also drank "light" versions of drinks.
  • hgphillips
    hgphillips Posts: 1 Member
    I am 23. i have a 5 month old daughter and i want to get healthy so i can run after her when she starts walking! it is very hard to stick to a diet plan when you don't really have time to fix food. i find myself picking up whatever i can while abygail is asleep or at least content.
  • Charlotte_Ashbridge
    Charlotte_Ashbridge Posts: 18 Member
    Hey everyone - I'm 27 and just starting out with around 14-20lbs to lose. Eating out and drinking is so difficult, I can just about manage to be good when I'm by myself but I also want to be out spending time with my friends! My willpower isn't great! Good luck all those twentysomethings and please feel free to add me - I am looking for more friends who can support me in this xxx
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    22 with 13-18 pounds to lose. I generally volunteer to DD cuz it helps me not go over my calories.
  • Hey I'm 22! I'm 134! Need to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks! I have strong will power but all my friends are natural skinny minis and can eat to their heart contents. I'm looking for a few pals in a similar situation. I'm new to this so not quit sure how to use this yet so please could you add me thank you x
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    21! 10 pounds to lose! And it's soooo hard. Would love some support as welll
  • I'm 20 and new here!! Trying to lose 35 pounds!!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    I'm nearing the end of my twenties (I'm 28) but I still act like a 20-something! I hit my goal about 3 weeks ago but it's still a struggle everyday to stay with the good habits. Picking up my former habits will make me gain it alllll back! :sad:
  • I'm 21 as well, feel free to add me all you 20-somethings! I have another 15 pounds I'd like to lose!
  • kellyo15
    kellyo15 Posts: 51
    Hello! I'm 26 and more focused on trying to be fit and healthy while being a full time student in a really intense program. I love to exercise but food is my weakness! Ideally I'd love to lose another 10-15 pounds or so.
  • I feel you on the intense program thing. I'm in pharmacy school, definitely eats up my whole life... lol! Which program are you in??
  • LatterDaisySaint
    LatterDaisySaint Posts: 3 Member
    I totally understand wanting to find people of the same age, but be careful not to discount the older crowd...because pretty soon you'll be one of US *Mwahhahaa!!* >;o) Listen to the wisdom of those who have already been in your shoes and know where you're headed. :o)

In my 20's, I didn't do the party scene but ate anything I wanted...luckily I had a great metabolism and I stayed a size 3. Watch out...your metabolism is gonna slowww down so your 20's is the time to get into great eating/exercise habits. I wish I would have paid more attention to that when I was 20-something. I'm 33 now....gotta work at it - but it feels great to treat my body as the temple it is.

P.S. Don't drink and party....it's a big waste of your time and youth.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    I just turned 27, 2 kids. Never really been into the whole going out thing.... had my oldest 6 weeks before my 21st birthday. I've got right around 15 to lose. I had lost a lot of baby weight and then some. However moving across the country twice in 8 months caused a lot of stress and I gained some back. Finally getting back into my old habits of being good.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I just turned 22. Got about 15 to go!
  • catlewis86
    catlewis86 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 25 from th UK (woo!) and have around 50lbs to lose :(
  • I am 27, and have quite a bit more to lose. But I am also on a strict budget, and also have friends who like to eat out and drink! Very hard to do on a diet! Feel free to add me!
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    My name is Jarnae and I'm 21 as well. I need to lose between 20 and 30 lbs, just started the diet Sunday.
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    28 and feel like i am 18.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Party animal here.
    Semi responsible...no longer in school and I own my own house, but I still enjoy getting rowdy on the weekends!

Just turned 23.

I reached my goal weight a year ago, but I've been slipping into old habits and gaining again lately.
  • TimothyNovelo
    TimothyNovelo Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 22 and losing my last 10 (or 15 I haven't decided yet) pounds. I feel your pain.