Ice cream replacement

Options
13»

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow! The Weight Watchers fudge bars and strawberry smoothie bars are good too. I just try not to eat them but once a week or so...and I love love love love love ice cream.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I posted this same topic a while ago :) Love this stuff. Ate some today actually. Vanilla Maple is the best in my opinion. I hate how sometimes it's hard as a rock and sometimes it's creamy like ice cream, but if you microwave it for like 20 seconds... that fixes the issue :)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414

i havent tried it yet myself, but the reviews seem to be promising! you can add in whatever u like too im sure :)
  • kevsprincess
    Options
    Slap some peanut butter on artic zone! Zazzes it up. :-)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If I'm not eating real ice cream, then I do the frozen bananas.

Take a banana and cut into slices and freeze. Then in a food processor, mix up the frozen banana slices (I mix it with 2 TBSP chocolate PB2 and 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolate, peanut butter, banana "ice cream"). Super yummy!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I like the frozen greek yogurt. Super thick and rich and it's fat free... not so low on calories, but it's a good change.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    LOL my fiancé has a Yonanas machine-- he loves it as a soft serve replacement.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the poster that said there is no replacement for ice cream. We love it, especially homemade!!!

But... (for those that have an ice cream maker) yesterday I tried a peach frozen yogurt that was amazingly simple and good and far less fattening:

1 can (approx. 15 oz.) peaches in their own juice (I actually used peaches in syrup, since that's what we had)
    2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup sugar

Drain peaches and save 1/2 cup of the juice. Then put reserved juice and the rest of the ingredients in a blender until well mixed.

Put it into your ice cream maker and freeze until firm. Makes 1 qt.

Yum!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I found a product called Arctic Zero ice cream is is the best thing I have found to replace ice cream . Check them out online. Here are some numbers.
    1/2 cup
    37 cal
    Fat 0 yes 0
    Carbs 6 grm
    Sugar 5 grm
    Protein 3.4
    Add some suger free syrup total cal 50 can't beat it, had to share!

That stuff is NASTY..

Eat your real ice cream.

LOVE my dollar cone from Handel's every Wednesday!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    McDonalds frozen yogurt cone. Only 150 calories and satisfies my sweet craving.

Yeah, these are so good that I was really surprised to find out they were low fat!
  • lschreck78
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR INCREDIBLE WEIGHT LOSS! THIS SOUNDS GREAT!!
  • LSHANDREW
    LSHANDREW Posts: 39
    Options
    go to the website, they will tell you what stores supply the ice cream. I tried the chocomint. I liked it enough to buy it again, but not as much as the real stuff
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow products!! But I haven't tried Arctic Zero yet, so I'm just sayin'.
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I found a product called Arctic Zero ice cream is is the best thing I have found to replace ice cream . Check them out online. Here are some numbers.
    1/2 cup
    37 cal
    Fat 0 yes 0
    Carbs 6 grm
    Sugar 5 grm
    Protein 3.4
    Add some suger free syrup total cal 50 can't beat it, had to share!

I found that too. OMG delicious!! And for those who just want to binge on a WHOLE pint it's 150 cals w/ 14 grams of protein. It's Gluten and Lactose free! AWESOME :)
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i always turn to turkey hill fat free, no sugar added vanilla bean. 70 cals for 1/2 cup
  • kane4lsu
    kane4lsu Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought a box of the blue bunny sweet freedom chocolate cones and it was the absolute WORST AND NASTIEST things I have ever attempted to eat! I usually get skinny cow and they are THE BOMB.COM! But the grocery store was out of them. So I saw the blue bunny and they almost looked identical on the box. I figured I would give them a chance, but it was horrific. I wouldn't even call it ice cream, it was more like someone defacated into my mouth. I will NEVER make that mistake again. I wouldn't make my worst enemy eat those things. They tried to give them to starving kids in Africa and the little African kids threw them back at the southern baptist missionaries. Blue bunny, shame on you!!