Healthy sauce/dressing for salads and veg.

13»

Replies

• Citygal212
    Citygal212 Posts: 11 Member
    I make my own balsamic vinaigrette: finely chop about two teaspoons of Shallot, add it to a mixture of 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon canola oil, whisk in a half or quarter teaspoon of dijon mustard - the dijon will help emulsify the dressing so it doesn't separate. This will keep in the fridge for several days. Total calories is 170 , 32 calories per tablespoon. I've been using Kirkland Balsamic Vinegar, it's sweet...but only 10 calories per T. Canola is 120 per T.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    [/quote]

huh? salsa with yogurt? I may have to try that.
    [/quote]

Sure! Greek yogurt is a lot like sour cream, but healthier. I'm not a huge fan of Greek yogurt as a sweet treat, but I love it as a replacement for sour cream.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    My new favorite is Panera Bread Balsamic Viniagrette its low cal and low sodium but its expensive over $4 bottle.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Straight balsamic vinegar for me...and I add sunflower seeds or chick peas to make me feel like I'm getting croutons.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 699 Member
    My favorite is Bolthouse farms Yogurt Dressing - it's SO delicious (especially the honey mustard) and it's about 40 calories in 2 teaspoons and is all natural with no preservatives, and, well, try it out and see for yourself!!! it's a great healthy alternative =]

One of my favs also....Majority of the bolthouse farm dressings are delish, low cal. Some have a bit of sugar so something to watch out for.
  • katie_fitzy
    katie_fitzy Posts: 83 Member
    Cardinis fat free creamy Ceasar-40 cal. per 2 tablespoon and very good!
  • This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try it tomorrow. I, too, have had difficulty finding a dressing recipe without some kind of oil in it. Sometimes I water down my vinegar & oil mixture then add some lemon juice. It's tolerable. :)
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Bump