Greatest concert/play/live performance you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• yayagocrazy
    yayagocrazy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I am dating myself, but Aerosmiths Back in the Saddle tour 1982 was my first concert
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    June 2000. Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down, & Power Man 5000. That was ****ing awesome!:drinker:
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A7x <3<3<3
  • shadows04
    Options
    Every Avenged Sevenfold concert I have been to (7 and counting) has been amazing. But the first show I went to after their drummer passed away was so touching and heartbreaking. Their emotions were so raw and the support from the fans was unbelievable.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Saw many a Greatfuldead show (spent the summer living on a green school bus called the Terripin).. yes i was a dirty hippy :wink:
    got my camera in one show in Maine.. got some great shots of the band..

i thought that Fairport Convention that opened for Jethro Tull was the best show ever.. Fairport was amazine, Tull was incredible..

saw other good shows.. little Feat, Dylan, CSN, Moody Blues, ....
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    JOHN MAYER! <3
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    metallica for the last 20 years!!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Bobby McFerrin. Solo, barefoot, alone on stage with a microphone, and completely blew the audience away. Fabulous. As far as plays....Ive seen Les Mis five times. Just love it.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    In my "younger" days, I would have to say as far as the actual show, Marilyn Manson...all, like 6 concerts I went to of his.

I saw Incubus during their most recent tour and I really really enjoyed that...
  • Hopey33
    Hopey33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sugarland second row of the pit , Jimmy Buffet, Aerosmith, and Lynard Skynard.. Those were my favs.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Tina Turner
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    I am probably going to be mocked beyond belief for admitting this, but I went to the NKOTB reunion concert back in 2008 and it was absolutely amazing! I loved them when I was a kid but never got to see them, so I jumped at the chance of seeing them in concert. Sure, it was a little funny hearing 40 year old men sing about 'shorties', but they put on a really great show. I'll go and hide in my corner now...

No mocking here I LOVE NKOTB!!! Yes and I have been to 10 shows and 1 cruise and going on another one in June!! For 5 men in the 40's they are KICK A**, and taking names!!! They make feel young and free!! I actually met all 5 of them!! SO down to earth

DSCN5254-1.jpg
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    1. I saw Saves the Day, Motion City Soundtrack, and Say Anything. What was so great was that the lead singer for MCS was quite ill so all the other singers on tour filled in for him, singing his songs. They all had songs that matched their voices, and most had to have the lyrics printed out with them, but it was something that not many people got to see.
    2. I just saw Bruce Springsteen with my dad, I knew approximately zero songs, but he has a great stage presence and puts on a great show!
    3. Hanson. You know, the mmmbob kids? well they're all grown up now and they have great music. I've seen them at least 4 times, and they always raise money for kids in africa before their shows through what is called "the walk." The first time I did this it was december 2nd in Buffalo. COLD. Most of the people for the show were there at 1pm for the walk, when doors didn't open until 7. Hanson bought everyone hot chocolate, like the sweethearts they are.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One concert that has stuck with me for years is Genesis ABACAB tour. It had to be one of the best light shows I have ever seen. I have never seen another concert put that much emphasis on the light show and how it related to the music. Amazing. I was in college at the time.

The last concert I saw was Elton John in a small arena. I was only a few rows from the stage and it was awesome. He sang all of his hits, went 3 hours straight and still sounded fantastic. (This was just a month ago!)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    JOHN MAYER! <3
    :laugh:
    I'm sorry,but when I saw this I immediatly thought of the movie "Friends with Benefits"
  • odessey
    odessey Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fat Boy Slim, Big Beach Boutique 2 - live on Brighton beach in 2002 it was fantastic they estimate 250,000 - 260,000 people attended we got to watch from the pier, unrestricted view!
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have 2 faves because the music style is so far apart from each other.

Alice Cooper at the MEN back in 2005 - that concert was brilliant - Alice Cooper definitely put on a show worth seeing

The other was Marianne Faithfull at the Hammsermith Apollo in 2006

I really want to see Steps live!
  • becschneider
    Options
    incubus!!!! i've been to a few different concerts but in terms of awesome talent incubus are the best i've ever seen!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Mouth. They're an incredible live band.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Not sure which was the greatest, but ones I remember fondly:

Phantom of the Opera, Boston, 1996?
    Green Day, Schenectady NY, 1998
    Stomp, Vienna, 2000
    Metallica, Dallas, 2000
    Tragically Hip, Albany, 2001
    Godsmack, Boston, 2003?
    Dropkick Murphys, Boston, St. Patrick's Day 2005?
    Trans Siberian Orchestra, Columbia SC, 2012