What did you give up for new exercise routine?

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    And how hard was it to give up, or stay away from that other activity to keep to your workouts?

Well, I'd rather just sit at my PC and browse the net or something. So I thought about how to make being away from my PC interesting. Exercise bicycle + podcasts/books = mind consumed. As for lifting weights, I browse between lifts. Or listen to podcasts or read books.
  • LinemansWife2003
    Options
    i gave up 45-60 minutes of sitting on my *kitten*

Me too! I pretty much still eat what I want, just more in moderation. And I really don't crave the junk anymore!
  • Cat_296
    Cat_296 Posts: 40
    Options
    I gave up my car - just took away the 'lazy option'. I did give myself a bike though to cycle into work and back every day (or walk, but then I've got to give up some sleep as well!!). Haven't felt so positive about everything in a long while - helps that I live in a fairly rural area and so I get to breathe fresh air every morning!!

I also generally give up an hour of sitting on my backside on every nice day to go and explore some more of the countryside after work :-)
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I gave up an extra hour in bed in the morning.....

I lost 75 pounds though and look in the best shape of my life.... its a shame my other half wasnt crazy about it....
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mainly TV and Facebook. I'm down to once a week or so these days; I used to spend at least half an hour on it EVERY DAY.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i do keep up a twitter and a facebook account, as my friends are now spread out all over the world and I would still like to keep in contact with everybody :P

I do play games everyday. I've balanced that with everything else, but I dont spend half as much time on them as I did.

I still moderate 2 forums... but again much less then I did.

I hve given up a lot of movies and bbc iplayer lol

Ive given up lie ins, even if i still have odd sleep patterns lol

Ive given up several expenditures to afford gym membership. Benefits lol

I dont have kids or a job, so i do have an aweful lot of free time. I was going stir crazy, but now I have something to do :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I gave up Facebook. It wasn't that hard since I deleted my account. I can never get it back. I don't regret my decision. =)

how do you permanently delete? I didn't thank that was possible. I deactivated mine but couldn't find a permanent delete option.

You can't. But you could, I guess, randomise your password, if you wanted. (That still wouldn't get rid of your history, obviously. That's sitting there forever....)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I gave up lunch
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I gave up some very precious time with my 15 month old son... but I know me exercising will benefit him in the long run. Plus his dad needs to have alone time with him, too, so he knows what I do all day Saturday when he's out fishing! Sometimes I go to the gym after munchkin is asleep, but I really hate getting home after 10pm! It's harder getting up in the mornings for work! I also gave up crocheting for my etsy site. At least it's warm out and no one is buying cowls and scarves right now!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    an hour-long drama a day. srsly. i get up an hour earlier, and i learned REALLY fast that that means i have to go to bed an hour earlier. but i don't regret it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I gave up 30-some pounds of fat, sitting on my butt all day, tv (not 100%), internet games, housework..... lol
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I gave up American Idol. I've always been an Idol addict. I never missed an episode before this season, but I was finding the episodes multiplying on my DVR and I never had time to watch them with going to the gym in the evenings. I miss the Idol conversation in the office, but I much prefer the nice comments I get from my co-workers as they're starting to notice my weight difference.
  • msrat1
    msrat1 Posts: 43
    Options
    My afterwork Nap time....now it's to the gym after I cook dinner :glasses:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ruins of Magic..! Siege every night!

Time at home with my computer, husband and children.!

Zingers and M&M's

The one that is the hardest, is my husband..!! ***That's what she said***
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've given up sitting around and doing nothing useful.

Also some time in WoW, and other video games. Fast food and junky processed crap (though, still a work in progress).

I'm desperately working on trying to become a morning person... but I hate waking up early, I hate not getting enough sleep, I hate being tired, etcetcetc..... I'll get there I hope!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I gave up Cityville and Scrabble on Facebook. I think it's the wisest thing I've ever done :smile:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Never did the games on Facebook, but many have said they are very addicting.

I'm guessing one of those things you can't just allow yourself to do 30 min, you either get into it, or have to drop it.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of it as giving something up as much as making a trade!

Given:
    1 hr sleep per day
    $100 p/month for gym fees
    Huge amounts of physical effort
    Some of the 'treats' I used to enjoy so much
    50 lbs of fat

Taken:
    Increased confidence, energy, enthusiasm for life, strength, a better role model for my kids, and more all-round awesomeness ;P

I still think its a pretty fair trade, and I look forward to kicking my own *kitten* for the rest of my life if I get to look forward to more of the same! :drinker:
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of it as giving something up as much as making a trade!

Given:
    1 hr sleep per day
    $100 p/month for gym fees
    Huge amounts of physical effort
    Some of the 'treats' I used to enjoy so much
    50 lbs of fat

Taken:
    Increased confidence, energy, enthusiasm for life, strength, a better role model for my kids, and more all-round awesomeness ;P

I still think its a pretty fair trade, and I look forward to kicking my own *kitten* for the rest of my life if I get to look forward to more of the same! :drinker:

:happy: This is so good!!!! Me too :flowerforyou:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My lunch hour...