Soap at the gym?

Options

Replies

• SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The gym I belong to provides shower gel, shampoo, hair dryers, hair spray, deodorant spray, and mouth wash and towels. Pretty much everything you need. They also give you a pair of shower flip flops when you join. The gym is pricey but has lots of amenities.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    SOLUTION:

Soap on a (long, long, long, long) rope! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- - -
    ETA: I mean the pump on a long rope. Otherwise it seems kind of unsanitary, no?
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mine provides a soap/shampoo combo dealy if that makes you feel any better. And it smells disgusting so I bring my own.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't provide soap. I keep travel-sized shower gel in my gym bag.
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    My gym does provide shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, but I still bring my own.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I always carry my own so I never noticed. I will look though

I'm a germ a phobe though and would never touch them. Hell after some of the stuff I've read on these boards, I've become a worse germ a phobe.. I even carry antibacterial wipes and lysol for the machines and toilets.. put fungal powder on my feet (even though I don't have fungus) because I'm convinced there's creepy crawly's that get past my shower shoes.. Matter of fact just this morning as I showered I was thinking of adding a antibacterial shower spray to the gym arsenal LOL!!

That's not OCD is it?? :huh:

No, cupcake, tha'ts not OCD at all . . . *pats head*
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when places have little rule-reminders on EVERYTHING. My gym doesn't...

though a local store has this gigantic 'ten commandments' looking plaque in every stall outlining the rules for using the toilet...
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness, they have Shampoo,conditioner,and soap for us to use..But I still bring my own..:happy:
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I go get travel sized yummy smelling shower gels and bring them with me. Kind of a nice little treat after I work out :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yes, my gym has pumps in all the showers of soap.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My gym does not provide soap in the shower and I probably wouldn't use it if they did. I am picky about my soap.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't this be considered a "First World Problem"?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Bring your own toiletries.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My gym has body wash, shampoo & conditioner in every shower. Wish they would get rid of the hair dryers though. My eyes can't take walking in on a guy dryer off his nads! :angry:
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    it does but i hate it because it makes my skin itch! i keep forgetting to bring my own….i go to Gold's Gym in Virginia.
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    that's a nasty image
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    it may be because it's ten to one when i've seen this, but i've never really paid any attention either way. Do we care?? If it's there brilliant if not well then just bring some. Probably just don't use a bar if you find it lying around….
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    WOw, I never knew gym showers had soap. :indifferent: Mine doesn't. Just buy a cheap plastic soap dish and bring it with you.

I actually used to do this and still have the soap dish, but it got all juicy and started getting everything in my bag all slimed up so I stopped.
    I put mine in a plastic soap dish and then ziploc around it to make sure it doesn't leak. I never use the soap at the gym because I'm really picky on soap, shampoo and conditioner. I almost ziploc everything though to avoid everything getting slimed up and wet in my bag. I may have a slight case of OCD. :smile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My husband's old gym had a unique, but effective solution: The soap in the showers smelled like sweaty balls. He was literally better off just rinsing, but he did start taking his own soap.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    I always carry my own so I never noticed. I will look though

I'm a germ a phobe though and would never touch them. Hell after some of the stuff I've read on these boards, I've become a worse germ a phobe.. I even carry antibacterial wipes and lysol for the machines and toilets.. put fungal powder on my feet (even though I don't have fungus) because I'm convinced there's creepy crawly's that get past my shower shoes.. Matter of fact just this morning as I showered I was thinking of adding a antibacterial shower spray to the gym arsenal LOL!!

That's not OCD is it?? :huh:

tumblr_inline_n0601vJdYO1rzds30.gif
    This is something like what I would do actually... Except for the shower shoe thing because that's weird.