Greatest concert/play/live performance you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• turbophoenix
    Options
    Oh gosh... Probably 311 at 311 Day 2008. AMAZING concert!!

Edited to add:

Also up there:

Rage Against the Machine
    Nine Inch Nails
    Muse
    Weezer (didn't go to the festival to see them exclusively but they put on an amazing live show)
    No Doubt
    Snoop Dogg (seriously - he opened for 311 in Dallas a few years back and it was GREAT!)

I'm such a music freak... I could go on and on! Better stop now :laugh:
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    U2 circa 2001 at (then) First Union Center in Philly. I was even behind the stage and thought it was the best performance I've seen. Close second would be any LIVE concert (LIVE, the band...)
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    Aerosmith- Get a grip tour. It took me a couple of hours for my hearing to return. Was a great show!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Would be a tie between The Rolling Stones in 1989 and Metallica in 2008.
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been to loads and loads of great gigs and seen fantastic artists from David Bowie to Alice Cooper. The absolute best performance I ever saw though was when Green Day headlined T in the Park 2005. The atmosphere was electric and by the end of the night when the fireworks went off the whole crowd was so overwhelmed that a lot of people were welling up! That was the third time I had seen Green Day live but that night was really special.
  • kking76
    kking76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went to see NKOTB with BSB last year in Tulsa and it was awesome. I never got to go when I was a teenager so I was pretty excited. I told myself I wasn't gonna act like an idiot but I totally did. Plus I had a little moment with Danny Wood and went crazy.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Roger Waters' performing The Wall in 2010, made better by the fact that the rest of that year was really ****ty.

This would be a very close 2nd place finish!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    :tongue: :smile:
    I am probably going to be mocked beyond belief for admitting this, but I went to the NKOTB reunion concert back in 2008 and it was absolutely amazing! I loved them when I was a kid but never got to see them, so I jumped at the chance of seeing them in concert. Sure, it was a little funny hearing 40 year old men sing about 'shorties', but they put on a really great show. I'll go and hide in my corner now...

No mocking here I LOVE NKOTB!!! Yes and I have been to 10 shows and 1 cruise and going on another one in June!! For 5 men in the 40's they are KICK A**, and taking names!!! They make feel young and free!! I actually met all 5 of them!! SO down to earth

DSCN5254-1.jpg

I would NEVER mock another BH!!!
    I have seen NKOTB 9 times in concert since 1989. The last three since 2008. In the summer of 2009, I had a front row seat on the Full Service tour in Wichita. I have been to tons of concerts (Madonna, Boyz II Men, MC Hammer, just to name a few) in my life, but that was the most amazing experience I have ever had. The girl two seats away from me got kissed by Donnie Wahlberg and I saw it up close! (no ordinary kiss, it was a HUGE smooch!) I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet them all and can't wait until they do another North American tour.
    The last one I saw in 2011 was NKOTBSB in Kansas City and I had a fourth row seat. Those guys are just amazing!!! I will post some pictures later when I can get to them!

Long live NKOTB! :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Can you tell I'm a Danny girl? hehe
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Counting Crows...saw them in 2003 when my now husband and I had just started dating. They are amazing in concert. I'm really hoping they come to my area soon, I need another fix!

Next would be the Brooks and Dunn concert with keith urban, toby keith, and montgomery gentry. This was before keith urban and mg made it big. It was just a fun experience all together.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The Stones 1995 or Rod Stewart at the OLD Wembley Stadium I was paid to be at both as I was working.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Rammstein at the London O2 Arena in Feb this year. I won;t say too much about it incase anyone here is going to see them in the USA but it was awesome!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    There have been a few that have been great... Paul McCartney, Genesis with Phil Collins, Elton John, Cher, Prince, Sarah Brightman...

Peter Gabriel always puts on a kick-a** show so I would say visually his was the best. For personal connection I would have to say Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp (playing solo) since he invited my husband on stage to play electric drums and autographed the drum sticks for him.

As for plays, Les Miserables and The Who's Tommy (Roger Daltrey was at the final show in Toronto and a few rows in front of me). Both plays were in Toronto and had way better vocals than the New York and London casts.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nickelback in 2009, 2010 and then I know they'll put on yet another great show in June. They are playing with Seether, Bush and My Darkest Days...I CANNOT WAIT!! :happy:
  • billyverret
    Options
    The Big 4 (Anthrax, Slayer< MegadeatH and MetallicA) ant Yankee Stadium last year!! \m/ (>.<) \m/
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Springsteen... every damn time!
  • PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    MSI!!! We were front and center in Milwaukee at their show in mid March. They've been my favorite band since high school. I was so excited we managed to stay up front the whole time <3 Wouldn't trade that night for the world

Heres me, My boyfriend Bobby, and my two very best friends Coral and her soul mate Topher (who bought me the tickets for christmas <3
    msi-1.jpg

edited to fix picture
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Best Concert Ever: Puddle of Mudd in an amphitheater (when I was about 1.5 months PG with my daughter....saw Nickleback when I was 7 mos PG with my son!)

Best show ever: Billy Joel's Broadway Show "Movin' Out."
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Monsters of Rock in KC Missouri, 1986. We saw Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, the Scorpions & Van HAlen. We went there for the Scorpions & VH, but when Metallica came out & started playing Seek & Destroy & thousands of long haired head bangers started going at it, I was hooked! It was the first time I'd even heard of Metallica & I've been a huge fan ever since.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Oh gosh... Probably 311 at 311 Day 2008. AMAZING concert!!

Edited to add:

Also up there:

Rage Against the Machine
    Nine Inch Nails
    Muse
    Weezer (didn't go to the festival to see them exclusively but they put on an amazing live show)
    No Doubt
    Snoop Dogg (seriously - he opened for 311 in Dallas a few years back and it was GREAT!)

I'm such a music freak... I could go on and on! Better stop now :laugh:

Saw No Doubt at Summerfest in Milwaukee when I was in College. AWESOME show! Gwen had AMAZING energy through the entire thing!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Gotta admit though...the Lynard Skynard/Sammy Hagar concert was pretty rockin'. Nothing like rednecks and rockers at the same show during the summer time!