New 30 Day Shred Group!!!

Options

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Ok..I am going to dive in and start doing the dvd with you guys!!!...I bought the dvd back in May and I did it one day and gave up because I thought it was way too hard!..I am willing to work my a** off to get in shape so therefore I am going to do it!!!.:laugh: :drinker:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Welcome!!! :drinker:
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hmm... i'd like to join in with you but I'm on medical restrictions . no impact exercise... no lifting, pulling, pushing over 5#s... and no overhead work. =[

i probably won't be released until the beginning of October. Meanwhile, i guess i can live vicariously through you guys ;)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ah, well I may join you guys. I did the shred, started the end of June and didn't quite finish it. I did about 6 days of level 3 and then just stopped. I consistently did it about 4-5 times a week. I just did each level for 10 days and then moved up. Jillian doesn't tell you what exactly to do, but I just moved at 10 days or when you think you need more of a challenge.

The workouts are pretty intense. I know I need more cardio and plan to get her other dvds or Leslie Sansone's walking dvds. I also walk at breaks at work.

I know I'll be gone at least one weekend in Sept - a much needed break away from the kids - but will follow along with you guys and restart the shred. After all I didn't actually finish it this past time.

I did notice that I feel stronger and I lost inches, but not much actual weight.

Oh, and I log my shred workout under circuit training and use 300 calories burned. I just keep in mind that's an estimate and I may be a little under or over that actual #. No hrm here either, although I'd like one.

Shannon
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I still havent gotten beyond level 1 ...so far its been a challenge enough lol.

I figure I probably need more cardio too, but being a smoker cardio is always quite the challenge. Ive lost inches and got stronger without losing actual weight too but I got all those speeches about muscle weighing more than fat after whining about it. Now I just go by how things fit and how I feel for now.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I still havent gotten beyond level 1 ...so far its been a challenge enough lol.

I figure I probably need more cardio too, but being a smoker cardio is always quite the challenge. Ive lost inches and got stronger without losing actual weight too but I got all those speeches about muscle weighing more than fat after whining about it. Now I just go by how things fit and how I feel for now.

Don't forget that muscle burns more calories than fat. That one helps keep things straight for me. :happy:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I did forget that! Thanks! :laugh:
  • 3littlebirds
    Options
    I would like to join. New to this. What do I need to know?

Already have my 30 Day Shred DVD :happy:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I would like to join. New to this. What do I need to know?

Already have my 30 Day Shred DVD :happy:

I'm not sure there's much else to know. Start Sept 1st. It doesn't seem like everyone is doing it everyday. I would like to try to get as close to everyday as I can, but my weekends are sometimes out of town.

Ideally we should just be working out and changing levels together.
  • skywalker
    Options
    My Shred DVD came in the mail today!!! :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have to wait still-I ordered it from Ebay. Along with the Trouble Spots one too. If I have to do things differently, I'll modify. Hope soon.:drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    I know it's a few days early, but I'm thinking about doing the Shred later today... I've never even seen it yet, so I'm curious... :tongue:
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    I got mine in the mail yesterday- I'd love to join this group.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Welcome!!! :drinker: I decided to try Level 1 this afternoon and I previewed the other 2 levels. It was pretty tough. Just the kick in the pants that I need right now!!! I think we're all going to see results.
    :drinker: :happy: :drinker:
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did level one yesterday and it was definitely hard. I didn't think that it would be so hard to get through the 20 minutes. My muscles are so sore today (the good sore though). I agree that this video is going to give us all some good results.
  • hmo4
    Options
    I got mine fast! Threw Ebay too. I'm gonna start probably when I get in on Sept 1. I got the Trouble Spots one and a Metabolism one. I'm excited. I hope my shoulder can hack it!
  • hmo4
    Options
    I got mine fast! Threw Ebay too. I'm gonna start probably when I get in on Sept 1. I got the Trouble Spots one and a Metabolism one. I'm excited. I hope my shoulder can hack it!
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    I am glad to see a group is starting Sept 1st, please count me in.
  • sarahfaisalak
    Options
    hey can you guys opload the video on google r on youtube that would be awesome ....so that ppl can also join who doesnt have the video.....
  • virginiakatie
    Options
    I'm in!!!!