Greatest concert/play/live performance you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eagles twice or Eric Clapton
  • tkdavis6
    tkdavis6 Posts: 5
    Options
    Any Metallica show with Jason Newstead or Cliff Burton, not the current line up. Seen them almost 20 times. Best show by far.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    In no order
    1. U2 Vertigo tour
    2. Bjork in 1995, she is amazing live
    3. Nirvana in 1993 in Toronto
    4. Pink Floyd
    5. Oasis
    6. Radiohead
  • tkdavis6
    Options
    Same experience for me.
  • tkdavis6
    Options
    Monsters of Rock in KC Missouri, 1986. We saw Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, the Scorpions & Van HAlen. We went there for the Scorpions & VH, but when Metallica came out & started playing Seek & Destroy & thousands of long haired head bangers started going at it, I was hooked! It was the first time I'd even heard of Metallica & I've been a huge fan ever since.

Had the exact same experience, except in Pittsburgh
  • silmeria2
    silmeria2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ozzfest, with Slayer and original Judas Priest on the main stage. But 4th row for Nickelback and Puddle of Mud run a close second.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Springsteen... every damn time!

Amen! I have seen him 3 times, wish I could have seen him in his prime though. Bob Seger also puts on a pretty darn good show!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lenny Kravitz. When he had waist-length dredlocks.
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    Metallica on my 18th birthday!
  • LaylaClapton
    Options
    U2's 360 tour in Seattle, June 2011. Excellent in every way....esp being there with my daughter!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It is a toss up between Motley Crue (back in the day) and Avenged Sevenfold. Both were incredible!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    1. U2, Elevation Tour, Slane Castle(Red hots opened) Day will stay with me for the rest of my life
    2. Arcade Fire at Oxegen Music Festival
    3. U2 360 Tour, Croke Park, crazy crazy day. Only for the photos I'd struggle to remember any of it
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    1. Nickelback 2004 at Bumbershoot in Seattle (plus the other 3 times were pretty awesome! Going again this June)
    2. U2 - 360 Tour (won these floor seats from the local radio station! Went with my hubs... amazing!)
    3. Matchbox 20 (Rob Thomas is DAMN Sexy)
    4. Rolling Stones (VooDoo Lounge Tour)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    California Jam in 1974 was awesome. Rare Earth, Earth, Wind & Fire, Eagles, Seals & Crofts, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple & Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Saw ZZ Top with Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter & Rory Gallagher in 1977 at Anaheim Stadium.

I would have to say that those two were the biggest and best, but I saw Steve Miller a couple years ago in Portland and he was fantastic. As good as he was back in the 70's
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Best concert ever - 1987 - Pink Floyd, Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour. MSG - NY.
    Just amazing.

What I wouldn't give to see that
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    1. U2, Elevation Tour, Slane Castle(Red hots opened) Day will stay with me for the rest of my life
    2. Arcade Fire at Oxegen Music Festival
    3. U2 360 Tour, Croke Park, crazy crazy day. Only for the photos I'd struggle to remember any of it

OMG would DIE to see U2 at Slane Castle... LUCKY!!
  • Grizzlygramma
    Grizzlygramma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way too many to choose from! But considering I live in Missoula MT and haven't had the access I would have liked! I would have to choose The Rolling Stones a few years ago! Was phenomonal!:flowerforyou:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Van Halen 1983 in support of their 1984 album...shook the roof off the place and Eddie was awesome and Diamond Dave in full effect...
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    KISS in 1990!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Joe walsh live anywhere!