Where are all the 20 somethings?

Options

Replies

• BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit out of your age range, Im 34, but I'm back in school and broke again as well....I'm a bartender and I love seeing my freinds so I still like to go out when I can! I just started mfp and doing P90X... I'm about 15 lbs from my lean self but it's been so tough to discipline myself in general to get where I wanna be...anyways hit me up as I could use the support as well....cheers!

Nah, you're not too old! Sounds like you're in a similar situation!
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 30- recently. I have been battling weight since my 20's and can relate to everything you talked about. I am finally within 10lbs of my goal and feel like these last few lbs are out of reach.

Anyone here can feel free to add me! I'd love to swap recipes and tips.
  • takukate
    takukate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!
    I'm 23. I'm at 145 and would like to get to 135 but we'll see. I have a wedding coming up in August! You are right it is difficult to try to manage calories when you're going out with your friends a lot!
  • TropicTori
    Options
    22 just starting using on Sunday looking for some support and motivation got 22lbs to lose!! I just requested you Add me :)
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    Hey lady!
    I'm 23. I'm at 145 and would like to get to 135 but we'll see. I have a wedding coming up in August! You are right it is difficult to try to manage calories when you're going out with your friends a lot!

Wow, we have the same UGW! How tall are you!? You can definitely lose those 10lbs by August!
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    22 right here. I need about 30 more lbs. It is hard with the lifestyle more 20 somethings lead, but i think at every age group there are always distractions (:
  • KimberlyWIOG
    Options
    I'm 25! And have about 20lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Nursekeke
    Options
    Okay I'll be enjoying my 20's for 1 more month , then I'll be 30. :-(, but I understand all your struggles, I have another 20lbs to lose , but cant seem to stay on track on the weekends with Alochlol, take out, parties, etc..My husband is a social butterfly and very active inwith sports so his team is always having a gathering or we are having gatherings, Now dont get me wrong I have control but its hard to not treat yourself every once in a while. I'm active for 4-5 days a week with Insanity, zumba, and jogging, Lets be friends on MFP and keep eachother accountable @ Sherronh & Becca_daniel
  • Bheller234
    Bheller234 Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm 24 and i am trying to lose 15 more pounds! Feel free to add me :D
  • erinpumpkin13
    erinpumpkin13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    27 with about 11lbs left to go before my BIG DAY in August. Anyone feel free to add me! Love giving and receiving support and encouragement from friends!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 28, I have 17 more pounds to my goal weight! Started at 147.8 hoping to get to 120.00 (As I was 10 years ago!)
  • twotwentyeight
    Options
    22! With about 20 more to go!
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    hey!.. im 21 as well, but I have a ton more to go than 10-20 pounds. haha, Id like to lose another 90 or so pounds.
  • rinachandayo0204
    Options
    26 over here! And yes...I go out drinking and eating bar food..
    I have 20 pounds to lose!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just started today.. I'm 23 and I'm looking to lose about 51 lbs. The alcohol is what's killing my weightloss.................. I'll definitely need some support there... I'm assuming the bar code scanner will scan alcohol and beer codes, as well? I haven't tried it yet, but that will help me BIG if it does.
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 19 in a few days and a college freshman (in canada, so i can drink). here are a few things i've learned to cut caloric intake on alcohol:
    1. clean alcohols like vodka and gin have the lowest calorie count (also give you the least hangover so potentially saving you from binging on greasy food the next morning)
    2. if you're out drinking, try having mixed drinks with your liquor of choice, club soda, and a splash of a normal beverage. club soda has 0 calories and one shot of liquor typically has around 100. for example, have vodka, club soda, with a splash of cranberry. that way, you save on calories and don't need to feel left out.

i've learned to pre-plan my days on days when i know i'm going to be going out. i'll plan my meals and make sure to keep my calories low to allow for drinks and still stay within my calorie allowance.

feel free to add! i'd love to get in touch with people in similar situations as me :)
  • rqlong
    rqlong Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a 26 year old who has recently transitioned to a young professional and has seen the negative effects of sitting at a desk all day, working overtime, and finding difficultly in motivating myself to workout every day and making healthly choices when it comes to meals and snacking. I am very much into yoga and just started Capoeria as means to stay active. I have 20 pounds to go to be at my goal weight, but my main focus is toning up and just feeling healthier overall. Always welcome to a motivation buddy!
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    So glad this post was a success, excited to have so many new friends! Hope all of you have connected up with each other too :o)
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to this (2 weeks now) .. 21 years old with around 20lbs to lose..
    It would be great to make some friends on here with the same goals to help motivate me :)
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 22 and I have about 20-30 lbs to lose. I'm mostly interested in losing more fat and building muscle so I'm not overly concerned with any number.
    My diary is open, feel free to add! (a message would be preferred though =])