30DS peeps...what size weights should I use?

Options
2»

Replies

• NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I started I used 3 lbs, but after a week I felt a lot stronger and switched to 5's. I bought her little barbell set which includes 3's, 5's and 8's at Walmart for like 35 - 40 bucks. Good luck!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I actually accidentally started with 1lbs. I think I am going to use 3lbs now for a bit and then move up. I recommend 3lbs. Add the 30 Day Shred April group if you are starting in April so we can all track together!:smile:
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always use 5lbs...which works for me. Start out at 2-3 and increase as you get stronger. Good luck!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i dont even know what my weights are lol theyre small and i found them in the cupboard haha x
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    My advice starting out if you've done nothing like it before-- 3 lb.

I used 2 lb to start with because that was all I had and that was tough on some of the moves. Used 3 to 5lb by the time I got to Phase 3. My husband used 5-8lb weights and did not find it easy in the least and he wasn't a wimp when he started.

Edit -- missed the part where you said you'd done 30DS before. You may have built up enough strength from the push ups and plank moves that 5lb may be a good weight to try. 3lb may be too light except on the shoulder lift/side lunge move from hell.
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am using 3 lb. I have just about ZERO arm strength and 3 lbs on some of the week 1's make my arms wobbly!
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im using two 4.4lbs, im struggling a little with side lunges and lifts but other than that they seem to do the job and im quite small x
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok! Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna just TRY the 5lbs, but if I can't handle it I'm gonna drop it to the 3. I'm thinking 3 is probably where I'll wind up! LOL