Ladies......

Options

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Depends. I can usually see who's at the door before I answer, so it would depend on who it was
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I never answer the door.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.

OMG. I can't wait to do this! Thanks for the idea!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Having been a Mormon missionary, I know for a fact that women don't always cover up to answer the door, and I suspect that some of them probably take off everything as quickly as possible just because they know it will fluster a missionary and our eyes will immediately be anywhere but looking at them and it gives them a laugh.

same here from a former JW, guys will answer the door naked just to fluster the women.

When I was 8 years old, I was knocking on doors with my mother and a man answered the door mid jack-off and at first he was startled to see me there but then decided to stick to his original plan and just kept stroking.

some people are exhibitionists.
    Some people are mischeivous.
    Some people consider a bikini to be clothing and dont think its a problem (me)
    Some people believe in the courtesy of modesty during face to face interactions.

to everyone and each their own
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hello missionary.

And I always would cover up
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Most definitely cover up. A bathing suit is in its right context at the beach. It would be quite the surprise to whoever was at the door, though.
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Nope,
    In fact in college, if i heard a knock on the door and was only wearing bra and panties I would answer without covering up because they cover just as much as a bathing suit ( but also knew there wouldn't be a stranger knocking on my door)

but i see no problem in me answering the door in my bathing suit presently.
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't cover up when I answer the door. The thought has never even crossed my mind. I always figured I wear a bathing suit in public whenever I go to the beach so there is nothing wrong with it. Well maybe I have made people uncomfortable in the past and never even known it. Oh well :tongue:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Guilty!! :devil:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    No,

but i make it a point to answer my door appearing as crazy as possible

big dog barking behind me

me, screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!!" in the poor knocker's face

it helps keep the kids off the lawn, the neighbors out of my flour/sugar/eggs, and the missionaries from thinking there's ANY hope of saving me
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    To be honest I'd probably make my husband answer the door and go run and hide in the bedroom.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I live up a freaking mountain on the top of a ridge infested with trees on a driveway covered in pot holes. If someone is daring enough to come to my house, they're probably crazy or some pervy FedEx delivery person. So, yes, I cover up.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Naw.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely. Heck, I've been to nudist resorts before and covered up except when in the water. (I'ma shy nudist)
  • KansasRain
    Options
    when i was in better shape i use to run around in a swim suit of some kind all day even if i wasn't going swimming simply because Kansas is hot as hell in the summer, but i also use to wear shorts at least if i was home i would probably have answered with out covering up. NOW with the shape im in no i wouldn't, i run around in my underwear and the second i hear some one outside the door i run for my room to get dressed/
  • TracyB25
    TracyB25 Posts: 39
    Options

hahaha sorry I can imagine how flustered this could make some people - not that i would do it...

To answer the original post's question - yes, I would cover-up before answer the door
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I spend most days NOT fully clothed, sometimes it can be hard to find something quick to cover up with. SO, if I was wearing a swimsuit I wouldn't see the point in covering up.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Where did you serve?

I served in Argentina and the culture there is a bit more, ah, liberal than here in the States...

Served in Hawaii, but heard similar stories from all over, though one friend that went to the Phillipines had numerous proposals because all the Philippinos wanted an American husband.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    no. i'm a little confused why any of the girls are saying yes. it's a swimming suit that i wear in public anyway.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is actually very funny to me. I parade around in a 2 piece for a week on vacation at a resort, but at home, I probably would cover up before I answer the door. But only if I had been just trying my suit on or something. If I was in the backyard playing with the kids in the pool, then I would probably not worry too much about it.

Bizarre how we work.

See, in that case I would throw on a towel. But more because of the dripping than modesty. A bathing suit can be worn in public (where appropriate, anyway) without an eye being batted, so what's the big deal about my own house?

I've had repair people show up just as I was getting on my elliptical when I only had shorts and a sports bra on and I answer and hang out until they're done.