What did you/are you having for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki (konjac) noodles and chopped up grilled sausage... covered in low fat sweet chili sauce!!! YUMMERZ!!
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had bulgar wheat with peas- it's very tasty, easy and low cal- also cheap (i'm a mere student)
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    Im gonna have leftover chicken breast maybe cook with some bell peppers and onions not sure what else i should have
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Tomato and basil soup and a cheese sammich :-))
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    12 inch veggie delite with pepperjack cheese and light oil from subway...then a walk afterward :)
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    I left my 8 oz of mashed potatoes on the counter at home. =(

:sad:
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Leftover diced mushrooms and diced red pepper and shredded skinned chicken breast all reheated in the office microwave with Mr. KOOK's Tikka Masala sauce.
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    Home made eggplant parmigiana. Yummy! :)
  • mecsami
    mecsami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a chicken, veggie & rice soup that I eat 2-3 times per week. Boil 2lbs boneless/skinless chicken in water or low sodium chicken broth, with salt & pepper and 3-4 cups of any mix of veggies (I use onions, celery, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots...) until chicken can be shredded. Skim off the foamy stuff that sits on top. Shred the chicken & add back in. Add a box of low sodium, whole grain instant rice with a seasoning packet and simmer until the rice is cooked (sometimes have to add more liquid). Adding the rice to the hot chicken & veggie mix releases the starch and thickens the soup. It meets food group requirements, makes a lot & is pretty low cal/low fat/low sodium. My problem is I always want to add more salt, but sometimes squeazing a little lemon juice over it brightens the flavor. I divide the entire pot into about 10 individual portions.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Homemade madras chicken curry with basmati rice.
  • cookiet83
    cookiet83 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ate out today but stayed with my limit, regge regge chicken wrap with chips, but i was good and only had half the chips, son had the rest, and opted for grilled chicken instead of southern fried :)
  • dothowell
    Options
    1/2 chick fil a chargilled chicken garden salad and fat free honey mustard, 2 tablespoons and a bottle of water and a fiber one yoplait yoguart
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    homemade (I make it on the weekend and freeze it for lunches) Minestrone soup, a quarter of a canteloup and Strawberries and Plain yogurt for later. :) Yummy and Healthy!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Half a turkey sub on wheat with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a little mayo. And about 30 tiny pretzels.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Today was some leftovers, but usually I'll have scrambled eggs or an omelet, a bean burrito, or some sort of cous cous or bean salad.
  • noradeforest
    Options
    I had to scramble for a quick lunch today (poor planning on my part) and had to make do with Burger King. I got a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo. It would have been so easy to say "Why yes, I'd LOVE french fries with that. Large? Okay!!." I have to say I'm proud of myself for saying no to the french fries.
  • paulettei
    Options
    3 oz hamburger with pepperjack cheese, lettuce tomatoe avacodo and canalope. 417 calories! Thank goodness today is Zumba night!
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had 3 sliders (pork, chicken and beef) plus fries. So you probably don't want to follow my lead...
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Refried beans with a string cheese shredded on top, topped with sauteed red onion, orange pepper & mushrooms (can't believe I forgot to pick up more zucchini, or that would have been on as well). Topped with two fried eggs. 425 calories of yum!
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread You pick two- Tuna Salad on honey wheat and Greek salad.