Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have officially removed ALL the plus size clothes from my closet. I was surprised by how stressful getting rid of all my clothes was but everytime i grabbed something plus size i felt really frumpy. I was able to pass them along to a friend who was thrilled to have them. I also bought a dress for my daughters university graduation dinner... in a size 14!!! There's no going back now... unless i become a nudist!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

I wish I could remove some of my clothing from my closet. But sadly even 37 pounds down I can still fit into my bigger jeans. They haven't started falling off yet even though I can fit into pants that are 1-2 sizes smaller. Knowing that I can fit into them is great and all but financially I don't see the reason to buy new clothes if my larger ones still fit. I want to NEED to buy new clothing already. *sigh*

Oh but totally awesome on being able to get rid of all of yours and fit into a size that I haven't been since high school. :)
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 221.9
    Challenge Goal Weight: 199

04/09: 221.9
    04/16: 219.6
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 199
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Roni - wow!! What an accomplishment - you are definitely committed to the new you!

I got a little off track food wise today. I have assessed the situation, learned from it & moved on.

I don't have much battery left on my iPod, so I'll have to say good night.

Wishing you all a booty kicking (and shrinking) day tomorrow!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like no skipped meals. I have a problem with skipping lunch. I work from home and it is really easy to just snack instead. The snacks are heathy but it leaves me hungry all afternoon/ evening.

Set an alarm clock to remind you to eat and also prepare your lunch in the morning when you get up or the night before.

This, absolutely this. I've gotten in the habit of cooking my lunch for the next day at night and getting it packed up and ready to go usually in the mornings, after I've eaten breakfast...helps alot

also, it kind of "makes" me eat lunch, because i dont want to feel that i packed it and brought it to work for nothing, lol
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have officially removed ALL the plus size clothes from my closet. I was surprised by how stressful getting rid of all my clothes was but everytime i grabbed something plus size i felt really frumpy. I was able to pass them along to a friend who was thrilled to have them. I also bought a dress for my daughters university graduation dinner... in a size 14!!! There's no going back now... unless i become a nudist!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

I wish I could remove some of my clothing from my closet. But sadly even 37 pounds down I can still fit into my bigger jeans. They haven't started falling off yet even though I can fit into pants that are 1-2 sizes smaller. Knowing that I can fit into them is great and all but financially I don't see the reason to buy new clothes if my larger ones still fit. I want to NEED to buy new clothing already. *sigh*

Oh but totally awesome on being able to get rid of all of yours and fit into a size that I haven't been since high school. :)

I know how you feel... I was still wearing some of them, but they honestly didn't fit and were hanging off of me. My daughters (18 & 21) were encouraging (more like badgering) me to stop wearing my big clothes. Apparently my definition of "still fits" is not the "real" definition! LOL

So I purged it all... Bras and panties too! Apparently my "big" panties were wrinkled up on the tush under my smaller size yoga pants! Now I own 1 dress, 2 old pairs of jeans (size 16), and an assortment of cheap yoga clothes. I did manage to hang on to a couple of dressy tops and a few hooodies (I wear them big for kicking around the house in the winter). It was stressful at the time but now when I grab something out of the closet...it actually fits!

The biggest size I had was a 26 (skirt which looked more like a 22) and the vast majority of my stuff was a 22 (2X-3X). Now everything I own is 14-16 (XL). I've lost 10.5" from my waist, 7" from my hips, and 5" from each thigh. (only 3" from my bust...which makes hubby happy LOL).

If I can do this with my health problems.... You can definitely do it too! Just keep moving forward and you will get there. I'm not done yet.. I've still got at least 40 more to lose and possibly more (will figure it out when I get there).

ETA: I don't think I'll get any smaller than a size large since I'm 5'10" (my youngest daughter has a similar frame and wears a large, she's very fit and does competitive cheerleading). I won't be buying anything expensive until I've got another 40lbs gone. My XL stuff is "snug" so should last me through the rest of my journey.
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am still in all the same clothes for the most part as well and I have lost 43 lbs. It's frustrating to see people lose 30 lbs and go from like a size 14 to an 8 and here I am at the same size still but I know even without changing sizes I am still healthier then I was when I started
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    bump
  • BLloudy
    BLloudy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am still in all the same clothes for the most part as well and I have lost 43 lbs. It's frustrating to see people lose 30 lbs and go from like a size 14 to an 8 and here I am at the same size still but I know even without changing sizes I am still healthier then I was when I started
  • BLloudy
    BLloudy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    OR you're like me, and the size you were wearing when you first started was REALLY tight!! :) That's how I'm choosing to rationalize it anyway. :)
  • audrine
    audrine Posts: 31
    Options

I used to feel exactly like you, poopoomonkey. It is SO FRUSTRATING! :grumble: I went from 200 to 150 without dropping any sizes :sad: ! I felt like what I was doing was worthless and sometimes wanted to give up.

But suddenly, from 150 to 140, I went from a size 12 to an 8... and the size 8 pants I have are becoming loose! I am at the point where I don't even want to buy clothes anymore because I'm afraid they'll only fit a month or two! Instead I'm buying belts!:laugh:

I think it really depends how and where you lose weight. Unfortunately, not everyone loses weight the same way and proportionally. I, myself, always lose weight on my upper body first. I have to really keep losing for my butt and hips to shrink (they are stubborn!). But since I've become more steady with losing weight, my lower half is finally shrinking. YAY!
    :drinker:
    So my advice would be to keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll start dropping sizes! :flowerforyou:
  • shadowkitty22
    Options
    Name/ real name: Shadowkitty22/Emilie

Current Weight: 268.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 243

04/09: 268.8
    04/16: 265.6
    04/23: 264.6
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight 258>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight 250>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight 243>>>
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

That's a good way to look at it! I was actually thinking about this today. I rubber banded a bit and shot back up to 212 from 187 (it bugs me to think that I had lost 63 lbs then ate too many cookies over Christmas, coupled with back-to-back-to-back sinus infections which kept me pretty idle unless I wanted a nasty headache), but my size 12s actually fit me BETTER now at 204 than they did at 187... I have no idea how, but they do! And my measurements aren't much different at all from when I was 210 and started MFP, wearing 16s. It's bizarre...
  • shadowkitty22
    Options
    It really all just has to do with how you "wear" your weight. I can look at a picture of myself from 2 years ago weighing probably what I do now but I look so much heavier in that photo. That's because in the past 2 years I got pregnant, lost weight while pregnant (go go babies that don't let you keep stuff down and therefore just eat away at your body for their nutrients), finally put on some weight while in the back half of my pregnancy, got lazy after the baby was born and gained 15-20 pounds and then finally at the beginning of this year started losing weight and I'm now back down 38 pounds. So my fat has shifted around a lot over the past 2 years so I just look different and healthier now than I did back then.

But I'm down 38 pounds and my size 24 jeans still fit me even though I can wear a 22 comfortably and can squeeze myself into a 20 and wear them (as long as I don't plan on moving at all haha). So it's kinda disheartening to know that yeah I've lost this nice chunk of weight and that I'm setting aside money each week for every pound I lose, so I can go buy new clothes, only to not NEED to buy them because my fat clothes still fit.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    posting for later read
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am so excited today! I am officially into single-digit pants sizes. My size 9's fit in the thighs and butt, but they are huge in the waist. My belt is too big, i had to steal my husbands, and i'm on the second from biggest notch. This is super exciting as he has the elusive 28 inch waist that all those girls are looking for. My goal at the beginning of this was to fit the dress that my husband bought me on our honeymoon 4 years ago. It's a slim fitting 10. It fits, and it looks amazing. I am not at my goal yet, but i am feeling great about myself. I have come a long way, i was a tight 16 at 231 pounds, and i thought i would never make it this far.

I hope everyone else is having an awesome day!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    To weigh in on the clothing thing... I have gotten down to 174 2 times since my youngest was born (eek - almost 6 years ago). The first time I was doing 30 day shred DVD 5-6x / week coupled with 45-60 min of walk jog (pushing double stroller) 4+ times a week (am shred, pm walk/jog). The 2nd time I got to the exact same weight more thru diet with about 3 + cardio only workouts a week. Time #2 I could not at all fit into what I had been able to wear on
    My last visit to that weight. So, it may be the type of exercise you're doing as well. I thought of it as time #1 I was a toned 174, time 2 I was a squishy 174.....
    Just my experience. I'd happily take either back at this point as 174 is much healthier than where I am now!

Have a wonderful night all!
    Hugs,
    Amy
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    ^That is awesome, I can't wait till I get to the single digits.

Today was my birthday and it was nice. I tried my best to stay under though. I started a new exercise...Zumba! I had so much fun and the time seems to fly by.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

Today was my birthday and it was nice. I tried my best to stay under though. I started a new exercise...Zumba! I had so much fun and the time seems to fly by.

PurpleCoookie - Happy birthday!
  • shadowkitty22
    Options

Happy birthday! And isn't Zumba awesome? I love doing it. I wish I had been able to go last night but my husband didn't get home in time and I had been feeling dizzy pretty much all day long so doing Zumba definitely wouldn't have helped. Haha
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Name: Shirley61/real name Shirley

Current Weight: 180.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168.0

04/09: 180.6
    04/16: 178.8
    04/23: 177.6
    04/30:
    05/07:
    05/14: