Replies

• txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The casserole recipe sounds awesome. Bump
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Scrolled through thread for obligatory duck picture....

Was sorely disappointed.

What gives, people? Do you stop trying after 5pm CST or what?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Gt3ch: I've read 4hb. Tim Ferris a good marketer, not nutritionist.

And I fail to see how you could accurately assess the difference between 12-18g of protein and 30g of protein for breakfast on fat loss?

The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing
    The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.

re leptin: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531579--spike-day-nonsense

Maybe I was unclear but I didn't notice any improvement in fat-loss. I just feel better and more energetic when I've had 2-3 eggs soon after getting up. I'm more satisfied and can last longer, more comfortably, before I need to eat again. It just works for me. I do very poorly on low protein mornings. For me bad mornings have a cascade effect for the rest of the day. While YMMV my experience is not uncommon.

As an aside I do think you and others here oversimplify the studies on nutrient timing. But on the points relevant to this thread we're not in disagreement. I haven't noticed any benefit as far as fat loss or muscle growth from following Ferris's advice. For me there are no additional returns from eating more than 2-3 eggs (or the equivalent) for breakfast or eating past 30 mins after rising. I actually broke through a fat-loss plateau when I threw out a bunch of his advice.

Good stuff. You found what works for you :) And that is what it's all about.

Philly: that is incorrect mate.
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Also if you have a sneak peak at Kim Lyons Fast Track she also has protein in every meal. Heaps of vegies and wow did I feel great.
    Am still following her regime and have been stable in my weight at goal.
    Protein is whether it is eggs, beef, chicken or even yogurt is a great start to the day compared to bread, pasta or oats.
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options

"I am still of the opinion that the best diet is the one you can stick to in the long term. However, the decision should be based on personal preference and not neurotic adherence to a diet built on faulty and bad science."

^^ this.

Thanks for sharing the link, def an interesting read.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I mostly have 25-30gm of protein for breakfast because I work afternoons until 9pm and cooking facilities are restricted at work except for microwave.

As far as eating after a certain time at night I don't get home until 9.30pm and go to bed at 1-2am!
  • builtforlife
    Options
    Eating 30 grams of protein for breakfast is a good idea. Eating 20 or 25 grams of protein is also a good idea. There's not really anything magic that happens when you eat 30 grams. I think what he meant to say is that its good to have protein with breakfast. And once again,...eating 30 grams of protein for breakfast is a good idea.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Was sorely disappointed.

I can't bare to see you disappointed. :heart:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShygXWMgcjQAH95JzCT61IVjnjb905zjWpvwLqDEVRurv6mKIQ4A
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    eating 30g of protein for breakfast is a good idea if you have trouble getting all your protein in, but it makes no difference when you eat it. especially if you don't weight train heavily. i don't even eat breakfast haha
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in 2009 with this similar diet. I would eat a can of tuna and oatmeal (sometimes) for breakfast and lunch, and have chicken and veggies for dinner. It works. Now, I did have cheat days and I would eat pizza before every nursing school exam. I ate 85% of the time at high protein. I am going back to this diet, and this post inspired me to read up on Dr. Kruse. I just had my breakfast of 6 eggs or 36 gm of protein. I can't wait to see the change in my body and the leptin sensitivity come back.

I would much rather change the macros than starve or take diet pills. it's natural and everybody is different. Being a nurse myself, I certainly believe in doing what is right for each individual. Any doctor can tell you that not all prescriptions for anything work for everybody!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Was sorely disappointed.

I can't bare to see you disappointed. :heart:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShygXWMgcjQAH95JzCT61IVjnjb905zjWpvwLqDEVRurv6mKIQ4A

Duckroll.jpg
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    After a quick read of this plan I have decided that if the concept of eating less for weightloss is too complicated for you, this plan will be a total failure.