What rewards have you given yourself?

Options

Replies

• HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    New Heart Rate Monitor - Polar FT60 and Just bought a new pair of Running shoes - its stuff just for me, I could do without it but I have been really good ( for awhile :) ) and these items continue to motivate me ... I love my new shoes....

http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-PureFlow/120101,default,pd.html
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    So far for the 20 lb milestone I gave treated myself to a Pedicure...at 30+ lb mark I went with a friend (for her birthday) and got a 1 hour massage and a manicure/pedicure!

My ultimate treat (In October) is a Disneyland vacation with my family, accompanied by an entirely new wardrobe =)
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My rewards have been a heart rate monitor, a new tattoo, and a big christmas and easter meal. I know everyone says not to use food as a reward but what do you do when you reach 2 of your big goals the day before christmas and easter! It's also a huge thing for me to be able to eat big on a celebration and then go back to good eating the next day onwards, I used to think, stuff it I mucked up a day I should just not bother, so I LOVE to prove that I can do it!
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    I got a massage, have finally put blond highlights in my hair, and went shopping for new clothes (just a few since I've got a crap-ton of weight to lose still).

Other rewards I have in mind is a new gym bag, another trip to NYC (my self-reward when I paid off all of my credit card and student loan debt - but this time, I'll be able to really enjoy myself there!), and a new prime lens for my camera (I'm a photographer). When I reach my UGW, I am going to buy a Nicole Miller (my favorite designer) maxi sundress and a pair of Christian Louboutin high heels, because I've never worn couture, never worn really cute summer clothes because I was ashamed of my body, and I'll finally be able to confidently walk in a pair of five inch heels, and I'll have the leg muscle strength to pull it off, too.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here.

I've been shopping off and on this year and each time I've bought clothes that are too small for me (size down in shirts, couple sizes in pants).

Money is already spent. Now I have to either get the job done to fit into them or lose money. And I've forbidden myself to buy anything at my current size.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just rewarded myself with a heart rate monitor for 40lbs.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nail polish
    new coffee press
    shoes
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I update my wardrobe constantly and when I've really done something good, I always invest in an awesome pair of heels!! :heart: A makeover is nice too, makeup, hair trim, blowout, etc. Going to a spa would be great as well. Just pick something you really would enjoy...and don't feel guilty, you deserve it!
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    I really like this Im starting tomorrow......Thanks for the idea
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    fresh flowers every week that you lose weight-and every time you look at them you are reminded to stay on track!

I love that idea!

I love this too! Fresh flowers are such a lovely sight when I walk into my house.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It would be a treat to have a housekeeper come and do a really deep cleaning, and maybe a professional organizer? Also, other home projects, like fixing up my master closet or decorating my patio.

I just celebrated a 10 pound loss with some new clothes. I can't wait for them to arrive, since I ordered them online.
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been rewarding myself every five or ten pounds. I've bought a new pair of running shoes, hand weights, 30 day shred video and I just ordered a htm for 25lbs :)
    I don't plan them out, just come up with new things I want as I go.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So far for the 20 lb milestone I gave treated myself to a Pedicure...at 30+ lb mark I went with a friend (for her birthday) and got a 1 hour massage and a manicure/pedicure!

My ultimate treat (In October) is a Disneyland vacation with my family, accompanied by an entirely new wardrobe =)

I bought new clothes to go to DL last October but unfortunately it was because my summer clothes were too small. I'm working towards another trip in the fall being back in my smaller clothes.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Oh, yeah, a HR monitor! I really do need to get one, regardless of whether it's a reward or not. *chuckle*
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes - massage(s) - regular clothes.

Definitely workout clothes - it's not fun to work out and have to hike up your pants at the same time! LOL

massage - I get one every month. My husband was actually the one who insisted I do it because of how often I exercise.

Regular clothes - because you don't want to wear your "big" clothes forever! trust me! lol

Kudos to you for looking for rewards other than food!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm registering for the Color Run! It's a 5K I've wanted to do but kind of pricey. It'll be a reward for training to do it :)

I registered for the one in Sacramento! Can't wait!
  • tgmshierry
    tgmshierry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow I love all of the Ideas !!!!!!

OOOH the mind is churning now.

Thank you all for the Ideas!!

:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I just bought myself two new dresses! That is the only thing I have rewarded myself with so far. Great ideas on here.
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My reward will be clothes shopping cant wait to be able to buy in the next size down and then the next size.
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    A nice birthday cake! :drinker: