52 lbs so far... before and after!

Options
12346»

Replies

• chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If your gym has a body fat scale maybe try using theirs? I looked at your pictures and almost 35% just seems high, especially if you're muscular. Maybe your scale is a little off, wouldn't hurt testing it out with another scale if you have access to it.

BTW... congrats on the 50lb drop!!

Thanks girl! I am EXTREMELY muscular...my legs are hugely muscle, so I'm really surprised to see that almost 35% body fat percentage on the scale. I don't know if my gym has a body fat scale but I'll look into it. Thank you, btw! :)
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love your story!! You look amazing!! Great job and very inspiring. I am the same height and looking to get to about 120 too. Nice to see how that looks on someone our height. :-)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Yu look amazing! Did youf BF go on this program with you?
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations honey! You look AMAZING, and so vibrant! I love reading posts like yours because I am the same way you described yourself at the beginning -- I get so nervous at the gym because I don't know what I am doing. Do you have any tips for how to get into a good routine? I always hear about how you should switch it up, do this that and the other thing at this speed and this time, and there's so much to take in and it makes me so nervous and anxious that I just avoid going altogether, if that makes sense, haha. Either way though, congratulations! You're a wonderful inspiration! (PS. How is your boyfriend doing? Did he join MFP too?)
    Well done!!! Yu look amazing! Did youf BF go on this program with you?

He didn't join MFP (he had no interest in logging each and every bite of food he took every day, which is what I do, lol) BUT... he started at 201lbs I think, and this morning he stepped on the scale at 160lbs. Lower than my starting weight even, lol! But for real, he's lost 40 lbs and I'm so proud of him!!!!

There were times I could have just kicked him though because I busted my butt, hard, to lose all this weight. I work out like a maniac, I limited all kinds of foods, I watched every single thing that went in my mouth. All he did was switch his eating habits up to the healthy stuff, and work out 2-3 times a week. The weight just fell off of him. He got to around 170 and maintained without even trying for about 6 months. Back in February we both decided to go for that "last 10 lbs". Well, he got there this morning, I was so happy for him!! He looks great too, we both look like different people. I wish I had a good recent picture of both of us but unforunately I don't on this computer. Maybe this evening I will find one and post it!
  • treeeee
    Options
    You rock! I am 221 and I want to be 175. Your story is sooo inspiring! So I have some questions..... What does a week look like concerning your exercise and diet? I really love food, how did you get from where you were to making food fuel like you said in your story? How do you maintain? I can loose weight, but can't keep it off.

You have to look at food as an aid to making yourself healthier and not the enemy. (CRAZY TALK, I KNOW!)

But seriously, if you eat the right kinds of food, it becomes fuel to help you better yourself. I'm really working on building strength and muscle right now, so I make sure to eat foods that will help build muscle, and will help my muscles recover after a workout. If you're working on weightloss, start adding as many foods as possible that will help boost your metabolism. Make little switches like skim milk or light soy milk as opposed to whole or 2%, switch to Smart Balance as opposed to margarine. Use olive, canola, or coconut oil instead of vegetable. Stay away from as much fried foods as you can. That sort of stuff.

But don't beat yourself up when and if you slip up. A couple weeks ago my bf and I split a huuuuuge bowl of queso and chips, a 14 inch veggie pizza, and a couple beers. WOOF! I seriously had a food hangover the next morning, but it was really nice to just forget about watching every morsel of food I put in my mouth and enjoying our evening together cheating on our diets!! You gotta do that every once and awhile..

Hope this helped you out some!!
  • treeeee
    Options
    You look amazing! And are you eating fries with mustard in that picture? Yum! LOL

It was actually a huge plate of cheese fries from steak n shake. The only place in the world that I like cheese fries, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!