Starting over.

Options
2»

Replies

• tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow - i thought it was just me - i joined well over a year ago - had a little luck & then things at home got hectic - was taking care of my dad who developed cancer & once he moved into our home, there was no time for me to take care of me anymore. He passed last May & I promised him that I was going to get healthy and fit. As of now I still hadn't even started. i've been back to the site the last several days just to log my food and see how bad I was actually doing - not only did I gain back the weight I initially lost before he got sick but gained about an extra 20. Then last october my husband lost his job so we were down to 1 income -EXTREMELY stressful. As if that wasn't bad enough, in December (4 days before Christmas) I was forced to go the ER by my family physician because i went to the doctor thinking I had pneumonia and they would give me some meds and I would be all better. Little did I know -After x-rays and CT scans it was determined that I had 4 blood clots in my lungs & my heart had become enlarged and surrounded by fluid. I was told another 2 days and I would've probably dropped dead. (Just to note, the blood clots were determined to have been caused by my birth control (Nuvaring) and have since almost resolved at this point) Doctors orders were NO EXERCISE other than normal pace walking for 3 months because the blood clots were so large, they were afraid that one would break off and go to my brain. I wasn't able to work for almost a month after being released from the hospital. I've now received the OK to start exercising. The week I spent in the hospital, I lost 13 lbs - HOW? because they had me on low sodium diet & fluids to flush out my system plus they were feeding me all healthy foods. Well right now, the only person I have on my friends list is my sister, and while she is great support - it's obviously not enough. Today I am starting over too. To anyone and everyone who reads this and especially you, the initial poster of this thread, please add me because I too need all the help I can get. We will get there. I have 150 lbs to lose but right now i'm only going to focus on the first 10 - then once i hit that I'll focus on the next 10, etc. I think I look at 150 lbs as sooooooo overwhelming that I give up. My heart is there with you as you start over and know that I am joining you every time.
  • DIANEB2
    DIANEB2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back I to know what it is to fall off the wagon but I think I got on the right wagon with friends to keep me from falling off .
    If you like add me as a friend.
  • auntamama
    auntamama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, except 75 pounds to loose. I was doing really good last year and just quit too. I have been at it for 5 days now, and feel like this is the time that I am changing my life. I also just turned 35 and the milestone made me want to loose even more. I told my husband last night that instead of just focusing on loosing numbers on the scale like I normally obsess over when trying to loose, my first small goal is just to get into one size smaller. Anyway, you can add me if you want to. We can do this.
  • lainglesita
    lainglesita Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me too.... I was on this site for a year and I fell off the wagon over xmas. But like you, here i am again. Please add me as a friend or anyone else in the same predicament as I am struggling at the moment to stay on track.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to everybody who offered kind and encouraging words to me. I kind of felt embarrassed to be starting over and even heavier than I was before, but we all have to start somewhere, right? This is really a great community! I was shocked at how many people responded who were at their own personal goal or close to it, an still found the time to reach out to someone just getting on the path. I'm truly grateful.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You've got this girlfriend!!!... :flowerforyou: