A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Megan - I'm so happy to hear someone has the Biggest Loser Cookbook! I've wanted it for awhile, maybe it'll be my 20lbs lost reward :wink: Do you think the recipe's in it are "kid friendly"?? The nachos sound like something they would like:tongue: I have ALL the Weight Watcher cookbooks from my years of working there but I'm so burnt out and looking for new ideas. Thanks so much for sharing Megan!

Silver - GOOD JOB on quitting smoking! It's a hard battle but one your daughter will thank you for fighting. I still smoke once & awhile after the kids are FAST asleep but I want to stop it all again:blushing:
    I am very picky when it comes to food and i am a kid at times but i do enjoy this cookbook ..... my 3 year and 9 year old arent picky so they love the food in it ......your welcome mamakat
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I too need to quit smoking ... i quit for 3 months but went thru a divorce and started up again (KICKS MYSELF) and now i am having a hard time giving it up .... HELPPPPPPPPPP
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Just curious what everyone is adding as calories burned when they did or do the slim & limber (warmup) and the startup on SI6?? I put 300 this morning cuz i wasnt sure
    Thanks
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is right, but I count the S&L as stretching/yoga and the other SI6 workouts as low-impact cardio.

Jill
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    LisaC and Silver - thanks I have been working hard lately.

Mamakat - that is a good idea. I just told my husband for every 5 lbs I loose I am going to get myself a gift. And I am due one so I think I am going to purchase to Biggest Loser cook book.

gotta go ladies I still have a load of clothes to wash and tomorrow's trash day so I will be taking out the trash. but i can't complain he does so much and he is hurt.

Bye until tomorrow.
  • chelseamckell
    chelseamckell Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that was a really funny story :smile:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Judy and Kathy - let me know if you get the Biggest Loser cookbook and what you guys think.

Megan, I'm glad to hear that you like the food and you're a picky eater (that is so me...lol)

I am in an aggrevated mood today. My co-worker called off work today and had decided yesterday to leave two trays of checks to be sorted today, I figured it was her call since she is responsible for getting checks out now. So I felt a little screwed this morning when she calls off sick and I have to hurry to get to work to get the extra checks bundled before they have to leave at 10:00 a.m. plus do all the normal Tuesday work....grrrrr :grumble: Not to mention that today was my late day, so I should have just been getting here now. BUT NO, I had to rush this morning, totally screwing up MY schedule and I ended up totally butting heads with Elizabeth which led to me pissed and her crying all morning. :angry:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Aww, LisaC that's terrible, that girl should have made more responsible decisions. I'm sorry you had to rush in this morning on your late day.

I still have to get a work out in, Shar and I slept most of the morning. We got up for a little bit, but shar was being fussy so we laid back down for a while. Now I'm hoping she'll still take an afternoon nap, so I can get in a work out. :(
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm sorry I missed you all yesterday, but I was on the road. I am in the Big Easy this week (where I was born and raised) visiting my sister who had surgery Tuesday on her ankle. Just keeping her company and visiting my other siblings and my mom (who moved to North Carolina after Katrina) who is also here helping with my sister's recovery. I just got back from a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood and am about to do my pilates and low impact aerobics while my sister is still sleeping. Bless her heart, she's in so much pain and when she can actually get into a deep sleep we just let her go for it. My brother got me a pass to work out with him at his gym tonight and thursday night and I am so grateful. I'm having separation anxiety from my elliptical already! LOL And, tomorrow night, we are going to this nightclub that my sister's boyfriend is a barternder at to see one of the local bands. I am so exicted to get to go dancing! I live in a dry county in Mississippi and I so miss being here. Anyway, I'm nervous about weigh in tomorrow because I had that chinese this past weekend and I took my regular day off (Sunday) with every intention of getting up yesterday morning early to at least get a walk in because I knew I'd be on the road yesterday and was just simply too tired to get up. :ohwell:

Have a great one my sisters in fitness!

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    You look pretty. I bet you will get pregnant when you stop thinking about and just have fun in bed with your handsome husband.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Once again, snuck in a weigh in. 183.8! I hope it says the same thing tomorrow and that today wasn't just a fluke! Yippee! my shorts that I wear to bed are feeling looser. They are those cotton short shorts you can buy at Walmart with the string to tighten them. They are pretty aqua blue color! I'm hoping to have to tighten them soon!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    I am down another pound too! Slowly but surely, this is paying off. Yeehaw!!!

Jill
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:

LisaC sorry your day didnt start out right but hopefully later today will be good
    Silver happy to know about your shorts feeling looser

Jill ocngrats on your 1 pound loss

I just got done with my workout ... a lil sore in the arms and legs but not as bad i thought i would be

Happy weigh in tomorrow everyone .. WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Christine - Congrats on getting your excercise in while not at home! A huge accomplishment!

Lisa - I hate days like those! Hope it gets better:flowerforyou:

Jill & Silver congrats on the scale movement!!!

My scale is still sitting at the same spot and I feel huge so I'm not expecting anything tommorrow :grumble: Oh well I've upped my workouts some more so hopefully it'll all catch up. I plan on doing some "graphing" today to see what my average cal intake is and some other things to see if I can figure something out....The in-laws will be here tomorrow or the next day (yes I always get 1 or 2 days notice and no firm arrival date) so I'm hoping keep it up while they are here and say no to eating out and fattening foods......

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Jill glad to hear you lost a pound. I was wrong about my weight it was 183.2. A .6 difference, but that is a huge difference to me. Means I"m VERY VERY close to my 2 lb goal for this week. Yay!

LisaC, is your day getting better?

Also, I totally forgot to reply to you post about my custody arrangement. I have shared physical custody of Sharlotte. Shane gets her 5 nights one week and 2 nights the next week. It alternates, 5, 2, 5, 2, 5,2.

I also got my workout in today. I did 10 minutes of the pilates for flexibility and I did 10 minutes of the pilates for abs...Yea, the teaser is too much for me right now. That one was hard. you have to hold your legs up straight and you rock down to the floor on your back and then rock up, hold it for a second and rock back down. All the while holding a resistance band with your arms.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Roxie - thank you for the compliments! I wish that we could get pregnant the good ol' fashioned way, but that's not going to happen. We'll keep practicing though. :wink: :love:

Silver & Jill - Great job with the weightloss!

Christine - I hope your sister gets to feeling better soon. I agree with Kathy, that's a great accomplishment that you are getting your workout in while away from home. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Kathy - I am feeling very similar to you. I kid you not, my body seems to be able to have a +/- 5 pound range. I know that's a lot, but I can go down fast and back up within 1-2 days time. Not sure what's up with that, but I weighed myself this morning and it was 162, so I am actually up from last week.

I have to admit that I went to a birthday party on Saturday that I totally vegged out on this cucumber bread, it was SOOOO good. Other than that I've been pretty on point so I'm not sure if it's water weight or what. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in though. I think I may be the first one to have an increase! :grumble:

I think I am feeling better after my rough morning. I'm just going to say something to stick up for myself. We are NEVER leaving checks on a Monday again. I wasn't totally for that idea and now I'll be saying something. Other than that I'm over it.

I'm hoping to get in my workout tonight, I did it last night by myself - Josh didn't feel like it. I'm not sure if he'll do it with me tonight or not, but it is harder to press play when I'm doing it alone! We are trying to shift to morning workouts on Monday-Wednesday, but it hasn't happened yet.

Kim - where are you at girl? I haven't seen you around much....
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Good luck getting in the exercise tonight, LisaC! You can do it!

I prefer to work out alone. I'm a paranoid person, I always feel like I"m being watched AND I know that I don't keep my form for every work out. I'm so out of shape, but it'll get easier with time and practice.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Roxie - thank you for the compliments! I wish that we could get pregnant the good ol' fashioned way, but that's not going to happen. We'll keep practicing though. :wink: :love:

Silver & Jill - Great job with the weightloss!

Christine - I hope your sister gets to feeling better soon. I agree with Kathy, that's a great accomplishment that you are getting your workout in while away from home. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Kathy - I am feeling very similar to you. I kid you not, my body seems to be able to have a +/- 5 pound range. I know that's a lot, but I can go down fast and back up within 1-2 days time. Not sure what's up with that, but I weighed myself this morning and it was 162, so I am actually up from last week.

I have to admit that I went to a birthday party on Saturday that I totally vegged out on this cucumber bread, it was SOOOO good. Other than that I've been pretty on point so I'm not sure if it's water weight or what. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in though. I think I may be the first one to have an increase! :grumble:

I think I am feeling better after my rough morning. I'm just going to say something to stick up for myself. We are NEVER leaving checks on a Monday again. I wasn't totally for that idea and now I'll be saying something. Other than that I'm over it.

I'm hoping to get in my workout tonight, I did it last night by myself - Josh didn't feel like it. I'm not sure if he'll do it with me tonight or not, but it is harder to press play when I'm doing it alone! We are trying to shift to morning workouts on Monday-Wednesday, but it hasn't happened yet.

Kim - where are you at girl? I haven't seen you around much....
    LisaC cucumber bread sounds YUMMY .... i love cucumbers they are soooo good .... I too am looking forward to the weight in .... i have been working my butt off so i am excited to see what the scale has brought me this week (cant believe i am saying that about the scale LOL ) .... Glad your day is getting better .... and make that husband workout with you tonight :tongue:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Silver- I used to feel that way too, and around other people I can be self conscious. But I joined the gym at work in March and it's all guys down there (and they do stare....men) So I got over my fear pretty quick. I figure that I'm not the biggest person in the world and I am trying to do something about it, so who cares what they think. It helped me! Besides, with Josh he's my best friend (and he sees me naked...not sure it can get much worse than that...lol)

Megan - I'm glad that you are excited...I'm not! I already know this is going to be an off week for my weigh-in so I'll get back to the grind for next week.

Did you ever go get your mani/pedi?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Silver- I used to feel that way too, and around other people I can be self conscious. But I joined the gym at work in March and it's all guys down there (and they do stare....men) So I got over my fear pretty quick. I figure that I'm not the biggest person in the world and I am trying to do something about it, so who cares what they think. It helped me! Besides, with Josh he's my best friend (and he sees me naked...not sure it can get much worse than that...lol)

Megan - I'm glad that you are excited...I'm not! I already know this is going to be an off week for my weigh-in so I'll get back to the grind for next week.

Did you ever go get your mani/pedi?
    yes i got my mani/pedi yesterday after picking up my truck (YAY!!!!)