A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    WOW Kudos to Lisa to washing the icing off her finger instead of licking it!

So with bad comes good.....And HUGE motivation. My MIL bought tickets last night and Sept 30th we are all going to Disneyland...I really wanted it to be the end of Oct. so I could lose more but I'm going to try everythign in my power to lose as much as I can in Sept so I look OK in ALL those pictures! Because we are going to Disneyland just 6 days after Dillon's surgery I'm going to call the Dr today to see if we can postpone it. Challenges for the month of Sept....My in-laws are visiting next week, which always means at least one meal (or more) out and they do most of the cooking for dinner before I even get home from work.:grumble: The goal is to be at 155 or less when I get on the plane to LA. Wish me luck:smile:

Silver, Christine you guys sound like your doing great!

Jill keep your chin up it will pay off! The whole month of August moved super slow...down a half, then nothing...finally this week it paid off! Be patient and keep at it, it will pay off:flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

whewwwwwwwww i did it ..... SI6 limber and the start up WOW what a workout but i dont feel any pain so thats good YAY ME !!!!

Glad everyone is doing good ..... GOOD LUCK on baby#2 LisaC ....question LisaC how do you log what i just did into the exercise part on MFP??
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - you have NO IDEA of how bad our infertility issues are - maybe I'll share some day. All I can say is that we've had some very bad things happen!

Kathy - that is awesome news. You can do it girl - let's do it together! You know I want down as much as possible by October 26th, so I'll be rooting you on! Let us know if you change the date for Dillon's surgery. How is the recovery time of that? How old is he again?

Megan - I log my workout as the video time (SIU and S&L) as Aerobics - General - so for what you did I put 36 minutes and then I add the minutes as I change the video. I know that it is more than a "general" workout out, so that's why I add in the S&L time. I know I work it hard the entire time - I'm usually sweating within minutes. So what'd you think of it? Were you sweating like crazy?

Christine - that is awesome that you are seeing your results. I think I'm getting to the point of needing a belt too! I haven't tried any work clothes on yet since I've been off this week - but my jeans are baggy and sagging within 1 hour of putting them on!

Silver - I bet that 184 this morning made you feel great!

Josh and I are getting ready to watch a movie - we just finished S&L and SIU and we'll be having lunch after the movie and then doing RIU this afternoon. I can FEEL the pounds melting off, I swear!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Thanks guys - you have NO IDEA of how bad our infertility issues are - maybe I'll share some day. All I can say is that we've had some very bad things happen!

Kathy - that is awesome news. You can do it girl - let's do it together! You know I want down as much as possible by October 26th, so I'll be rooting you on! Let us know if you change the date for Dillon's surgery. How is the recovery time of that? How old is he again?

Megan - I log my workout as the video time (SIU and S&L) as Aerobics - General - so for what you did I put 36 minutes and then I add the minutes as I change the video. I know that it is more than a "general" workout out, so that's why I add in the S&L time. I know I work it hard the entire time - I'm usually sweating within minutes. So what'd you think of it? Were you sweating like crazy?

Christine - that is awesome that you are seeing your results. I think I'm getting to the point of needing a belt too! I haven't tried any work clothes on yet since I've been off this week - but my jeans are baggy and sagging within 1 hour of putting them on!

Josh and I are getting ready to watch a movie - we just finished S&L and SIU and we'll be having lunch after the movie and then doing RIU this afternoon. I can FEEL the pounds melting off, I swear!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options

I liked it LisaC and yes i was sweating my butt off .....
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you liked your SI6 Megan.

I'm horribly addicted to my scale. I got on it right before I got bath with Sharlotte and it said 183. point something. Made me feel good, then I got out of the tub and put my clothes on and it went 186.8. Bummer. Here's hoping for a good number tomorrow morning.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Silver - I'm additcted to the scale too. I love when it goes down but hate the ups...at this point I know my body so well I know when it'll be up & down it seems.

Lisa - Thanks! My son is 4 1/2 and we did get the surgery changed to Sept 11. The recptionist was so sweet she said "we can't have that cutie missing anything at Disneyland...I'll bump someone if I have to" but then worked it out AND got me a Friday so I don't have to take off work (I don't work Fridays).

Question for either one of you SIim 6 ladies....doe sthe program ask you to workout 2 times a day? Seems great but I don't have time in the mornings unless I get up at 4:30......no thanks!

My vent - SOO frustrating that when your my size it takes soo much weight to lose a whole size in clothes. When I was smaller it was like 5lbs and new size but I've lost 15 and I know I have 10 more to go hit the weight I was at the next size down. I'm just soo ready for people to notice (I notice but other people haven't) and to wear my size 12's!!! My goal is to be in single digits but I'm taking this one step at a time!!! OK that was my rant & rave today. LOL 16lbs lost and still wearing a 14 BUT as my BFF says...my clothes were at maximum capacity.....
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh!
    im having such a bad day today! its that TOTH and its the day when i just want to eat and eat and eat! and so far thats what im doing, im trying not too but i cant help it, its all sugary stuff to :grumble: :sad:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Silver - I'm additcted to the scale too. I love when it goes down but hate the ups...at this point I know my body so well I know when it'll be up & down it seems.

Lisa - Thanks! My son is 4 1/2 and we did get the surgery changed to Sept 11. The recptionist was so sweet she said "we can't have that cutie missing anything at Disneyland...I'll bump someone if I have to" but then worked it out AND got me a Friday so I don't have to take off work (I don't work Fridays).

Question for either one of you SIim 6 ladies....doe sthe program ask you to workout 2 times a day? Seems great but I don't have time in the mornings unless I get up at 4:30......no thanks!

My vent - SOO frustrating that when your my size it takes soo much weight to lose a whole size in clothes. When I was smaller it was like 5lbs and new size but I've lost 15 and I know I have 10 more to go hit the weight I was at the next size down. I'm just soo ready for people to notice (I notice but other people haven't) and to wear my size 12's!!! My goal is to be in single digits but I'm taking this one step at a time!!! OK that was my rant & rave today. LOL 16lbs lost and still wearing a 14 BUT as my BFF says...my clothes were at maximum capacity.....
    i just started so i do the limber one and then the start up one (total of 36 minutes) and then when i am ready to go to the next one i will do the limber one and start up one in the morning and do the ram it up in the afternoon ...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,656 Member
    Options

The Slim in 6 program doesn't ask you to work out two times a day, but it does come with a "6 Day Express Diet Plan" that it suggests you follow one of the six weeks (you choose which week), and in the diet plan, it recommends doing some kind of cardio in the morning before breakfast and then doing your main, most intense workout later in the day. Personally, I choose not to do the 6 Day Express or work out twice a day.

I feel you about how long it takes to get to the next size down, especially since last time I was there, I tossed out all my bigger clothes. Oops! I've bought a couple of things out of absolute necessity, but I don't want to build my big-clothes wardrobe any more than I have to. I need to get back down to the size that fills my closet, darn it!

Jill
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I wear a 16 comfortably MamaKat. 14's are a little tight. But I'll be glad if I make it down to a 10. I feel good that I"ve been losing about 2 lbs a week. It's very motivational for me. Every time I don't feel like working out, I remind myself of the 2 lbs a week that I've lost this week and last week. I'm pretty sure I've reached my goal this week.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Aww.. Jill it'll happen. I hope to be in a whole new wardrobe next summer. I'm hoping that i have to go BUY some clothes to wear for the summer months. I can keep the shirts, they fit me when I was thinner, but I will need new pants. I so hope I can keep up the motivation to keep working out and continue eating heatthier and possibly less during the day. I'm a hopeless snackaholic. I just snack all day and I"m trying not to do that anymore. And when I'm hungry I'm really trying to drink water. Because I know I"m not hungry I just ate and I'm probably misinterpreting hunger for dehydration.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

Sorry I haven't wrote today! I've been so busy and stressed out today at work! It's been crazy!! I don't even want to talk about how I'm doing on my diet today. Let's just say it's been a rough day! I have managed to still exercise everyday. My boyfriend sabatoged me!! He bought some cookies and creme cake from the bakery at the grocery store. He said it was on clearance so he had to "save it" from expiring! anyways....I was weak...wrong time of the month to be tempting me!! Hope everyone else is doing better than me today.

:heart: Kim
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Aww..Kim! Tomorrow's a new day. You can always start fresh tomorrow.

Hehe, that reminded me of Little Annie "tomorrow Tomorrow tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar!"
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Hang in there Kim, I always try to remind myself "If I wasn't even thinking about it I would have consumed twice as many calories and be twice as heavy" At least your mindful and you'll get back on track...we all have "off" days, mine was yesterday..WAY too much cookie dough.

Thanks Jill for the update on Slim in 6:flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hey!!

Sorry I haven't wrote today! I've been so busy and stressed out today at work! It's been crazy!! I don't even want to talk about how I'm doing on my diet today. Let's just say it's been a rough day! I have managed to still exercise everyday. My boyfriend sabatoged me!! He bought some cookies and creme cake from the bakery at the grocery store. He said it was on clearance so he had to "save it" from expiring! anyways....I was weak...wrong time of the month to be tempting me!! Hope everyone else is doing better than me today.

:heart: Kim
    Dont beat yourself up to bad for having a bad day ......keep your head up high and tomorrow get back on track .... best of luck hun
    :heart: Megan
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I'm going out of town tomorrow. As of tomorrow afternoon I"ll be offline till sunday night. I'm gonna take a notebook with me and log everything I eat. *sigh* I didn't do to bad last weekend. So, hopefully I won't do to bad this weekend.

I"m really looking forward to getting away for the weekend. I"m gonna hang out with some friends I don't get to hang out with too often. I'm gonna buy some food to take with me, so I will know roughly what I can eat and what I can't eat. And I"m gonna take alot of water with me! I don't liek tap water!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I'm going out of town tomorrow. As of tomorrow afternoon I"ll be offline till sunday night. I'm gonna take a notebook with me and log everything I eat. *sigh* I didn't do to bad last weekend. So, hopefully I won't do to bad this weekend.

I"m really looking forward to getting away for the weekend. I"m gonna hang out with some friends I don't get to hang out with too often. I'm gonna buy some food to take with me, so I will know roughly what I can eat and what I can't eat. And I"m gonna take alot of water with me! I don't liek tap water!
    GOOD LUCK SILVER ..... YOU CAN DO THIS ....
    I havent gone out to eat since joining this site .... i am too terrified too .....besides i love cooking my healthy meals to me its fun ....
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Ok, time for my rant. Tuesday we took our dog, Abby, to the vet for a lump that has grown on her back leg. He said it didn't look like anything but he took an x-ray and aspirated (sp) it. It came back with some strange cells (he was looking for it to be pure fat and it's not). Long story short, it is a cancerous tumor. :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:

Abby's been with me since I was 19 and she's my girl - I can't believe that there is something wrong with her that we can't fix. Surgery is an option, just not too practical right at this point. I guess it's a slow growing cancer so that's on our side. But it's all intertwined with her joint in her leg and it would be hard to remove + it would be a very difficult recovery for her (we think she's about 12, I found her as a stray...who was pregnant, and we guessed she was between 1-2 at the time. That was 10 years ago) So for now, I told him that we will watch it and if it gets any worse we will re-evaluate. I know not everyone agrees, but she's like our child to us. I'm crushed! :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I hope you are all doing well today! I have been doing great on caloric intake and water.. I was going to go walking or something, but I am pooped from traveling all day.. I will get up and do something in the morning I think.

I will be going on vacation from Saturday, Aug 29th until Saturday, Sept. 5th (a week). I plan on walking/jogging every morning I am away. I will also to be sure to choose healthy options for meals and not drink too many mixed drinks. haha.

-Stephanie