A New Me - Let's get started!

Options
Okay, so I asked for some weightloss buddies and I found all of you! I thought our best option to all be supportive of each other was by starting a topic. This should help make us all be more accountable for our actions (and please ladies, call each other out when necessary)

I'm going to recommend that we all start off with the following information: (copy and paste with your responses)

Name:
A little bit about me:
Current Weight:
Starting Weight:
Goal:
Program: (if you have one)
Short Term Goal and Reward: I really think that this is an important way to keep yourself motivated and on the right track. DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD!

Please add anything else you can think of so we can all learn about each other and help encourage each other to a happy, healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa

A little bit about me: I am married to my best friend, Josh (just celebrated our 8th anniversary) and we are high school sweethearts. :heart: My daughter is turning 6 next week and going into the first grade. We have been trying to get pregnant with our second baby for years, and we’ve had some very difficult times revolving that. :sad: I recently found a new doctor who is wonderful. I have a severe case of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which I believe is preventing me from getting pregnant. My doctor has recommended losing weight. His recommendation is to eat as purely as possible, white meat, veggies, fruit and whole wheat. He also started that “all I need to do” is burn off more than I consume and the weight would come off, just like that. If only it were that easy in my world. We tried to get pregnant in June (I didn’t follow his advice yet) with no luck. We can not afford to try again right now – we are financially tapped right now. I FINALLY decided that my life is spinning out of control and I need to take charge. I cancelled all of our credit cards and have a plan to pay down our debt. Then I was watching tv and saw an Infomercial for Slim In 6. I’ve been intrigued by this program for years but never wanted to spend the money and always thought it would be the same old story. I’ll think I’m wonder woman and then quit a week later. So I thought really hard, went and looked at the calendar and realized that my 30th birthday was 11 weeks away (at that point). I decided that I am taking charge of MY LIFE and there is no reason that I should look or feel the way I do. I’m not happy the way that I am. So I decided to commit myself to Slim In 6. I did a few workouts last week to get me started, took the weekend off and I am completely committed to my birthday gift to myself.

I really do need you ladies to help me though. When I am down and weak I need help to pick myself back up and move forward! I’m excited for us to support each other through the ups and downs to becoming our new me’s…

Current Weight: 162.4
    Starting Weight: 167

Goal: 120-125

Program: Slim In 6, plan to work out 6 days a week for the next 6 weeks.

Short Term Goal and Reward: My short term goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, 16 pounds from my starting weight of 167. When I reach this goal I am going to treat myself to a massage as a reward for the commitment and to give myself encouragement that I can do this and will keep going!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I'm here!

Name: Kathy

A little bit about me: Working mom of two toddlers (ok so they are getting a little old to be toddlers, 3 & 4, but they are my toddlers!), husband is training to be an Air Traffic Controller and works odd/long hours. Orginally from Northern CA where I lost 50lbs in my early 20's with Weight Watchers and worked for them until I moved to Spokane, WA almost 8 years ago.....move, marriage, desk job, & 2 babies later all the weight is back. It took me 4 years to not feel guilty about putting myself before my kids (once & awhile), so I'm doing this for my kids to be proud of me but mostly so I can be proud of me again!

Current Weight: 163.5
    Starting Weight: 176.5
    Goal: Between 125 -135 (we'll see when I get there :)
    Program: MFP I guess...
    Short term goal - 150 by my birthday 11-24 (it's also my pre prego weight!) Reward....I think being that size will be reward enough!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Name: Alanna

A little bit about me: I'm a high school music teacher with chronic depression. I'm single and live alone.

Current Weight: 182.1
    Goal: 150
    Program: Boxing
    Short Term Goal and Reward: I have no idea! I lost 15 pounds and gained back 18 in two months. I was going to go outlet shopping for a new wardrobe, but I want to hold off until I'm thinner
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Name: Olivia

A little bit about me: I'm a Recruiter for a Finance Company, and married to a very intelligent Physicist. We are having some issues right now, so I am lucky to have good girlfriends who help me through the day to day. Born/Raised in Portland, OR, but have lived in Denver Colorado for 13 years.
    Height: 5'7"
    Starting Weight: 183.7 - July 5th, 2009
    Current Weight: 175
    Program: P90X Lean, gym, walking, biking
    Short Term Goal and Reward: 165 by the time I go to Mexico. 160 ideally, but I know that is out of reach. Want to look good in my bikini!! Reward - well, I am getting some hair lasered off of me, and its a long and expensive/painful process. However, hopefully by the time I reach my goal, my treatments will be done!! Also love little rewards like new shirts/pants when i reach my milestones.

Nice to meet you all. Would love support, and to be able to give it! :drinker:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'll join... although I'm really bad about checking message boards these days. Send me a message if you'd like to contact me!

Name: Bri

A little bit about me: I'm a 2nd grade teacher in Kentucky, I have two cats and a husband. We were best friends in high school, but didn't start dating til college and just finally got married 2 years ago. He's working on his doctorate in music performance (percussion).

Current Weight: 160
    Starting Weight: 215.5
    Goal: originally, 155... now, maybe 145.
    Program: HEALTHY EATING AND REGULAR EXERCISE. I jog, do elliptical, hike, and take Body Blast and Cardio Circuit classes at the gym. I'm going to do a "Body Boot Camp" class once a week through, too. Obviously, I like to mix it up!

Short Term Goal: I've been off the wagon all summer due to travel and a medical problem, but am ready to jump back on!! Maybe lose 5-10 lbs by thanksgiving...??? haven't really thought about it. I've been maintaining for about 6 months now...

Reward: 1 hour massage!!! I've already lost about 55 lbs, and my short term rewards were new clothes for each size I dropped!

Good luck to all!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hello nice to meet everyone!

Name: Debbie
    A little bit about me: almost 47, married, with two cutie pie doggies (Rat Terriers), work in an office, and I love photography
    Current Weight: 195
    Starting Weight: 200
    Goal: one day at a time....possibly getting down to 170 or 160. I am now shooting for 180
    Program: (if you have one) just eating really healthy and trying to cut out the sugars, and non-natural chemicals from my diet. Trying to exercise too.
    Short Term Goal and Reward: I don't think I have one. :blushing: I just want to keep up what I am doing. I hate to think I will revert back to my old ways!
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Name: Christine

A little bit about me: I'm 39 and have been working on my fitness for over 10 years. I have my ups and downs but I am in a stage of determination so I'm rolling with it. I am married, no kids of my own but the step kids are adults now so it's basically just me and the hubby. (The 20 yr old is a jr @ Ole Miss and comes home about one weekend a month and on breaks) I still love to go out dancing (very occasionally), I'm an avid reader and belong to an internet book club, I play tennis when I can sucker someone onto the court with me and the hubby got me into golf.

Current Weight: 200

Starting Weight: 289 (highest weight) 218 (since I've been a member of MFP)

Goal: 130

Program: strength training, bicycling, pilates, aerobics, elliptical, walking, jump rope, and fun outdoor activities

Short Term Goal and Reward: 170 by Christmas 2009, accessories (boots, belt & buckle, thigh straps and weaponry) for my Lara Croft costume for Mobicon April 2010.

Nice to meet you all and good job on all of your success thusfar!

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    Sound like fun!
    First of all, hello to everyone and nice to met you

Name: Daniel

A little bit about me: I'm 27, and i am from Portugal, i have been working on my fitness program for about 4months now and i already lost 5kg wihtout doing much.
    I am single, no kids as far as i know it, i am a petrol head i love cars (got several of them) i also love animals, i got two ferrets (they are illegal in Portugal, so dont tell anyone heeh),
    I Am a computer technician and i work 10hours sitted down in front of a computer everyday, i walk from home to work and that give me about 30 to 45mintes of hard walking per day only.
    i used to be a cyclist in a mountain bike about 3 years ago, but i droped it due to lack of time, currently i am unable to ride the bike becaue i am too fat and i get tired very very quickly (not to mention sore etc.)

Current Weight: 135.5 to 136.5kgs depending if i have some water retention or not , that's about 295lbs! :(

Starting weight: 141kg (highest weight ever), and 10 years ago i was about 180 / 190lbs tops!

Program: Cutting on callories and trying to walk as hard as i can when i have the time

Short Term Goal and Reward: i just want to drop some weight so i can ride the bicycle again and start another training method

Cheers!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to "meet" all of you. :happy:

I would like to give massive kuddos to both Bri and Christine! You both have done wonderful losing weight and I think it's great that you have decided not to give up and are keeping true to yourself. :drinker:

So, I guess I'll tell you guys about my day. I don't think I quite made it to my 1,200 calories today, even though I know that I am supposed to. I can't lie - after just working out SO HARD I don't want to eat. I know it's not the right mindset - and don't worry, it won't last long - but I can't help thinking that the food is not worth it. Maybe that is the key. We should not live to eat, we should eat to live.

So I have a funny story. We decided to bump our workout up to the next step in Slim in 6 (I'll refer to it as SI6 to save all the typing) and we did Slim & Limber (S&L) and Ramp It Up (RIU) in the series - which is phase 2. I guess I should say hubby attempted to do RIU, then answered a phone call and proceeded to sit back at the table and watch ME work out. WTH? I'm down on all 4's doing leg lifts and wanting to die and he's back there enjoying the view! Really?!?! :tongue: After he got off the phone he told me how hot it was to watch me and it was really a turn on for him. :yawn: MEN! (Sorry Daniel...lol)

So how did everyone else do today?
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Name: Silver (real name)
    A little bit about me: I"m a 23 year old Stay-At-Home mom, fighting to get disability. I suffer from many mental disorders, mainly Bi-Polar and ADHD. I have the attention span of a gnat. So I am hoping to keep myself focused on this long enough to see the reward at the end. I'm kind of seeing this guy and he makes comments about my weight and how I used to look so much better. First time we dated I was 130 lbs. Second time we dated I was 171. I want to get back down to a reasonable weight and feel better about myself.
    Current Weight: 188
    Starting Weight: 188
    Goal: 145
    Program: (if you have one) Danskins Now Pilate Magic Circle 3-4 x a week.
    Short Term Goal and Reward: I don't really have a reward planned out. Maybe a new wardrobe, as I go down in sizes. My reward really would be that I stuck with it and met my goal.
  • ejec
    ejec Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name: Emily

A little bit about me: I just realized recently that I am overweight (go ahead look at my weight :smile: )
    I have a muscular build and I generally feel pretty great about myself. However, I saw a picture of myself and yikes! I work two jobs and am in my last year of grad school (Yay!) I gained weight gradually: too much fast food and not taking care of myself

Current Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 210
    Goal: maybe 150ish?

Program: I am aiming to work out 4 times a week and following MFPs calorie counter. I'm also trying to drink 100 ozs of water a day

Short Term Goal and Reward: 21 pounds. I don't know what the reward will be but there will be one cause I love rewards. Maybe a massage or facial cause I've never had either but am intrigued by both
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi Silver and Emily! I can't wait for everyone to get involved on the board and getting lots of conversation going! :happy:
  • cooper03
    cooper03 Posts: 16
    Options
    hello,
    My name Sabrina,
    I'm 42 and married to a wonderful man of 17 years this coming up December. I have been overweight for these past 17 years and decided that enough is enough. I 'm blessed by God with 3 beautiful children ages 9,12 and 14. I have a at home daycare and I homeschool my children. My goals are:
    started168.9
    current weight: 163 -162
    goal: 125-135

program: gym 3 days a week using the elliptical and weight training.
    Brisk walks 3-4 days a week.
    1200 calories or less a day.

Short term goals. Reach 159 by Labor day weekend. Just to be in the 50 group is good for me.
    Long term gold 140 buy something new. Get a makeover and pedicure.

I look forward to the journey.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to "meet" all of you. :happy:

I would like to give massive kuddos to both Bri and Christine! You both have done wonderful losing weight and I think it's great that you have decided not to give up and are keeping true to yourself. :drinker:

So, I guess I'll tell you guys about my day. I don't think I quite made it to my 1,200 calories today, even though I know that I am supposed to. I can't lie - after just working out SO HARD I don't want to eat. I know it's not the right mindset - and don't worry, it won't last long - but I can't help thinking that the food is not worth it. Maybe that is the key. We should not live to eat, we should eat to live.

So I have a funny story. We decided to bump our workout up to the next step in Slim in 6 (I'll refer to it as SI6 to save all the typing) and we did Slim & Limber (S&L) and Ramp It Up (RIU) in the series - which is phase 2. I guess I should say hubby attempted to do RIU, then answered a phone call and proceeded to sit back at the table and watch ME work out. WTH? I'm down on all 4's doing leg lifts and wanting to die and he's back there enjoying the view! Really?!?! :tongue: After he got off the phone he told me how hot it was to watch me and it was really a turn on for him. :yawn: MEN! (Sorry Daniel...lol)

So how did everyone else do today?

Too funny!
    Day is not over yet here but I'm super hungry today for some reason (even though I've eaten more cals today then in awhile!) so it looks like a big workout for me tonight! OH and I got home tonight stepped on the scale and I was lighter than I was this morning when I weighed in! My weigh in day is Wednesday and this morning it said I'd lost nothing & tonight a pound.....I'm ALWAYS heavier at night....I give up trying to figure my body out..but I'll be happy with the loss!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi all My name is Pam and I hail from wine country (Northern California) I am 45 and the Mom of a beautiful almost 13 year old daughter ( she has C.P) has to use a walker to walk she is in 8th grade and a really good student and kid. In June a lot deathly ill ( we are still not sure what from) I was sick until almost the end of July. The plus thing is I lost 17 LBs. It got me to thinking that I need to be a better me so I could help my daughter. and I was off to a pretty good start. So I jumped in with both feet and have not looked back (WooHoo) I never ate to much I just put myself last and a the wrong stuff. ( So here we go
    SW. 227
    weight as of today 210
    workout -30 minutes of boxing ( 5days per week)
    I follow the MPF Calorie count
    Short term Goals just to keep going
    Long term To keep this up until I like the outcome and then mantain were I am at. :glasses:
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Name: Kitty
    A little bit about me: I am 22 year old single mother of a 2 year old and a full time college student working on my Medical Assisting degree.
    Current Weight: 180
    Starting Weight: 197
    Program: Good old diet and exercise (The healthy way)
    Short Term Goal and Reward: To fit into my costume for the opera I am singing in. Thats enough reward for me.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Name: Megan
    A little bit about me: I am a single mom of 2 kids ....boy 9 daughter 3 .....I have lived in California since I was in the 2nd grade i am 38 now.
    Current Weight: 217
    Starting Weight: 225
    Goal: 120
    Program: (if you have one) 90 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training(total gym)
    Short Term Goal and Reward: 2 more pounds to lose and i am going to go get a manicure/pedicure....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES AND KNOW THAT WE ARE THERE FOR YOU ALL THE WAY!!!!:happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Name: Katie

A little bit about me: Im a Business Student from the UK, im 20 (21 in sept)

Current Weight: 150.6
    Starting Weight: 154
    Goal: 125
    Short Term Goal and Reward: 144lbs by 21st sept - money for a girly shop off the OH

ive been stuck at 150lbs since april, really need help and support! and can give plenty of support too :flowerforyou:

katie
    xxx
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi and welcome to all the new members!

Kathy - maybe you should try weighing yourself this morning since yesterday seemed a little off to you. Have you decided what to do about your calorie intake?

I think I have gone semi-crazy, I got up this morning and added an additional workout. I am so extremely motivated and excited about transforming into a new me. I hope I can move some of my motivation on to the team! :happy: Otherwise I may bust from my over enthusiasm. I think my co-workers are ready to smack me...lol I have been so peppy and chipper (which is not quite my norm) :laugh:

So my goal for today is to get in another workout of S&L and RIU and I want to meet my 1,200 calories today. I didn't do it yesterday.

How's everyone doing today?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Megan - that's awesome only 2 more pounds and you'll get some pampering! :flowerforyou: