A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Megan - that's awesome only 2 more pounds and you'll get some pampering! :flowerforyou:
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :drinker:

Yesterday my calorie intake was 1754 and I burned 1346. 3 hours cardio, 1 hr strength training. Up and at em this morning....on my way to the track for my daily 3 miles. I am thinking about changing up my aerobics to step aerobics today and maybe 20 minutes on the punching bag. Pilates is a must (ladies this really tones your abdominal muscles) and then its lower body weight training day on the home gym. And, as I am addicted to it, 1 hr on my elliptical.

My goal for today.....clean the bathrooms! LOL :bigsmile:

PS ~ Son heads back to school tomorrow! Yea!!!!!! Piece & quiet returns to the household. :tongue:

HAVE A WONDERFUL & PRODUCTIVE DAY YA'LL!

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam! Born and raised in Sonoma County (moved in 2001)

Lisa - TOO funny I jumped on to tell you all that I woke this morning at 161.5 after a shower a blow drying my hair I was 162.0. So I'm counting that as my weight this week, it came a day late but at least it finally showed up! Getting closer to my 10% weight loss and only .5 away from 15lbs!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well it's been hot as heck here in New England lately, and I have been feeling bloated and just 'heavy' all around....but I decided to weigh myself after breakfast this morning.

yay, down at least a pound. My eyes are bad, and it's hard to see the little tiny lines, but it's at least a pound.

I gotta buy a digital scale so i can see the numbers better! LOL

yay!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Yay Debbie! Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    That's awesome Debbie and Kathy! I weighed myself this morning and I was 161.4 or something like that. I am SO happy!

I have a recommendation to make. I weigh myself naked, first thing in the morning after I go pee and before I do anything else. It seems to give me the lowest number which makes me the happiest. Just a suggestion. :wink:

My daughter's coming home from my parent's house tonight (they are watching her this week and she just spent 2 nights over there) so you probably won't see me on much after I leave work.

So, I need some advice. Elizabeth (my daughter's) birthday party is this weekend and I'm scared to death that I am going to eat away all of my progress. We are having pizza, chips and ice cream cake for not one, but two parties - both on the same day. I'm going to add salad and veggies and dip, but pizza is my weakness. I was thinking to let myself have a piece at each party and make sure that I'm drinking LOTS of water. What do you guys think? I will be so upset if I make this week a bust by pigging out for one day! :noway:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i weigh in the same way you do lisa! i weighed in this morning at 150.6 but thats my starting weight so when i weigh in at a later date it will hopefully have gone down

as for the pizza could you make your own healthier version to take and share with others? that way you still get to have pizza, just with less calories?
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    Well it's been hot as heck here in New England lately, and I have been feeling bloated and just 'heavy' all around....but I decided to weigh myself after breakfast this morning.

yay, down at least a pound. My eyes are bad, and it's hard to see the little tiny lines, but it's at least a pound.

I gotta buy a digital scale so i can see the numbers better! LOL

yay!

yes a digital scale is a great improvement
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Hi Lisa
    Are you buying the pizza? Papa Murphy's Take & Bake (not sure if you have there) makes a VERY yummy thin crust delite pizza ( I love it!). Find out where they are getting the pizza, go on the website's and find your best bet possible, or if your not sure you can stop after a piece...don't have any. Sometimes it's easier for me to say no to all, after I've had a piece I say oh what's one more...
    Plan ahead, have a plan when you go to the parties and tell your hubby so he can help keep you on track. Good luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Yes, I am buying the pizza and both parties are at our house. We have 10+ kids coming from 1-3 (she's turning 6 and all the kids are 6 and under) and we're having family from 4-6. I still have a few days to decide what I'm going to do, but I do know one thing...I am going into it with a plan. We are getting a few sheet pizza's, so each piece is about 3x3. Maybe I will eat around noon before the kids come and then I can still have 1-2 pieces of pizza between the two parties.

I will post some pics after the party. Neither of my pics on my profile are current, so I feel I need to show you guys what I truly look like now. I just got a new hair style last Friday and I am loving it, it's really helped get me motivated to make changes and feel great about myself. Not to mention I am constantly getting compliments which is helping me feel great about myself!

My workouts are killer, so I think I have enough motivation in that alone not to blow all the progress I have made. I made Josh get me a towel last night while he was watching me work out - I was POURING sweat! :sad: <- picture that me sweating in pain and you'll know what I looked like last night! :laugh:

Katie - your weight IS going to go down, just keep working towards a healthier lifestyle! You can do it girl!

Daniel - how are you doing today?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Name: Stormie

A little bit about me: I'm an old fart...err..accountant, work two jobs, and have three beautiful children. The youngest just turned 4, and I had her in my 40's, so I'm really struggling with this baby weight. I tried unsuccessfully until I joined MFP to lose these 30 lbs, but by raising my calories out of starvation levels and lifting weights along with cardio, it's coming off! :bigsmile:

Current Weight: 164
    Starting Weight: 172
    Goal: 130
    Program: Lifestyle change-no program.

Short Term Goal and Reward: I bought two pairs of dress pants yesterday, 2 sizes smaller than when I started here. No more clothes until I reach goal weight/size, however. My goal is to keep progressing, not regressing and my reward is looking and feeling better every day.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Stormie - welcome and congrats on losing 8 pounds and being smoke free for 90 days! That's awesome! We're glad to have you here, jump right on in! :flowerforyou:

Christine - good luck with cleaning the bathrooms. That's definitely not a fun task! :ohwell:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    GOOD DAY EVERYONE !!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & KNOW WE CAN ALL DO THIS
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I want to quit smoking but I afraid that if I try to quit now while losing weight that I will start eating bad stuff .....any suggestions ????
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Actually Megan, I had decided to quit smoking no matter what. I put it off for many, many years with the excuse that I didn't want to put on the weight that often comes with it. Finally, I decided I was going to quit anyway and while I was at it, start eating healthy and working out. Beat a bunch of things at once...so to speak! It's working great too, I must say. :love:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Stormie: did you quit cold turkey or have some aide to help you quit???
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale myself, it tells body fat percentages, too. I don't weigh myself naked in the morning. I weigh myself in clothing. Amazingly enough I weighed in at 185 this morning. I was so psyched.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    CONGRATS SILVER.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Megan!!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    your very welcome silver