A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• jen622
    jen622 Posts: 13
    Options
    I weighed in at the Dr's today at 186.8. I wanted to weigh 186 when I went in and 186.8 is close enough for me! :laugh:

I also had 2 of my medications raised. My mood stabilizer was doubled and my anxiety medication was doubled. So I'm gonna be tired for the next few days as I get to used to my new medication regimen , so I hope that I'll still be able to keep up on my workouts. Nothing like feeling lethargic. But after I get used to the medication I'll feel a boost in energy, because I'll be sleeping better and being running on all 4 cylinders. yay!

P.S. I changed my weight for my ticker, but it's not showing on my ticker? Why is that?

This is how I updated mine:
    I went to "Tools" and went to the custom ticker option. One of the options says to update the ticker. After it did that, it told me that I didn't have to do anything else.

Also, just want to say that I believe you met your goal for the day. I try to only look at the numbers in front of the point and that will help to boost your confidence as well.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennie and welcome to our group. When's the wedding going to be? Congrats! That's such an exciting time in your life! :love:
  • jen622
    jen622 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Jennie and welcome to our group. When's the wedding going to be? Congrats! That's such an exciting time in your life! :love:

Hi Lisa! I'm getting married on September 5th. My dad is ordained and he is going to marry us.
    My boyfriend is very sweet and tells me all the time that I'm beautiful (because he knows I'm thinking really down about myself lately), so he's really trying to support me right now.

My day is going good. I'm having a good morning. I'm at work right now just goofing off. It's friday though and I don't want to do work right now. :D haha!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jen and congrats on your upcoming wedding ....

LisaC: i just got done working out YAY ME !!!! 60 minute cardio tape and 30 minute toning tape ...,, now i am all sweaty
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I get my daughter in 2 hours, so I won't be starting my medication until Monday when she goes with her Dad again. That way if I sleep to long or get to tired, I won't have to worry about her.

I did that. I went to the tools and updated the ticker, but nothing is showing up!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Silver - that's awesome! Keep up the good work, but be easy on yourself while you adjust to the new meds.

Kim - Nope, let's do it. I'm planning on working towards getting up at 5:00-5:15 so I can get my workout done in the morning which will be starting the week of August 31st for sure. I will be working out two times a day next week and following a modified eating plan as part of the slim in 6 program, so let's commit to each other. You work out every day and I'll get my 2 work outs in every day next week. We are doing this to be here for each other, so we might as well start now! Does anyone else want to join in with us?

Judie - I think that works out great for you. How was your workout this morning?

I had a rough start not going to lie but I did it. And afterwards I took a shower and felt great.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good Job, Mykids04! (I'm really bad with names, good with faces though)

Finally got my ticker to work. It only says 1 lb because I changed the weight the other day to 187 point something. But since I joined here, I've lost 2 lbs. I'm gonna see if I can get it to reflect that.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Megan and Judie - :flowerforyou: Great job doing your workout's today!

Silver - maybe you can do some workouts with your daughter this weekend. I know that my daughter loves to work out. It's actually quite amusing too! :tongue:

Jennie - that is so awesome! My hubby is the same way. Actually, he always tells me that I'm beautiful just the way I am! :happy: But you need to feel good about yourself and do whatever it takes to get there.

I'm goofing off at work too - I have been all week. I don't really want to be here, I think my mind/body is already in vacation mode. Oh well - I'm leaving in about 2 1/2 - 3 hours and then my weekend of complete madness will begin. I'll be checking in though - I'm addicted to this site right now! :drinker:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Silver - it's showing 2 pounds now!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in!!! And excited! Because I know I'm not in this alone! I have to get up at 5 too. They gym is like 1/2 mile from my apt, so it doesn't take long to get there. That will give me an hour or more to spend at the gym. We can do this. (p.s...i'm saying this now, but i'm weak!)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    :laugh: LISAC: no i didnt stick my tongue out at you or yell at you while working out but ummmmm my arms hurt from the weight bands OWIEEEEEEE (blames LISAC for making me ) :laugh:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Kim - it's on girl. You ARE going on Monday - and I AM doing my videos on Monday. We NEED to do this!

Megan - lol - you are cracking me up. As I see it, I started this thread telling you guys that my motivation was to be skinny for my 30th birthday in 10 weeks. You guys joined, therefore you have committed to getting skinner for my birthday too! You all can't give up and be indian givers....especially for my big 3-0....no pressure or anything :wink:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I know my kids are going to be up set but tomorrow is my husband's 40th birthday. And in my family it is tradition that on me and my husband bday the the kids make us a cake and they get to decorate it. Its cute because my 5 and 2 year think its a suprise but we know its coming. My 14 year thinks its stupid she is at that age but she still does it. The baby is 9 months so he does not know yet. But we put the cake in the center of the table sing happy birthday and we all grab a spoon and dig in. No plates or anything. Well this year I did not tell anyone yet but we will bake 5 cup cakes one for each kid and one for my husband. The kids minus the 9 month old can decorate them and this way everyone can have their own cup cake and I can still have the memory.

Really hope the family is not to mad at me.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Judie - that is a fabulous idea! I am SOOOOO proud of you for coming up with that! What are you going to do with all the other cupcakes that you make? The kids may even love that more - they will each have their own mini-cake to decorate! :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    LisaC: Glad to know that I can make you laugh :tongue:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    LisaC: Glad to know that I can make you laugh :tongue:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Sorry for the double post ... I must of hit the post reply button twice ......OOOOOOOPS lol
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    it's been double posting for me some times too - strange!

Only 1 more hour till I'll be on vaca! Woohoo! :laugh:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    LisaC: you better be good on your vacation or I am coming to Ohio to kick your butt :laugh: LOL LOL LOL
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    lol - I plan on being good. I will be doing my 6 day diet on the Slim in 6 program and I will be working out twice to the DVD's + any other working out we can get in...if we're not too sore... :love: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :love: