A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• velvetkist
    Options
    Ok, Megan....I couldn't do it. LOL Woke up this morning and did 3 miles at the track. Oh well!

Happy Sunday ya'll!

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone .... just checking in ..... hope everyone is having a great sunday..... i am off to go workout on my total gym.... ordered slim in 6 looking forward to getting that in the mail and getting started CANT WAIT ..... okay i will check back later .....
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone - I made it through the birthday parties and I am exhausted. I ate horrible - and I don't care. I'm human and I had a great day. I've only been at this for a week and I am proud of all the positive changes that I did make!

Tomorrow we plan on starting the Slim in 6 express diet and I'm looking forward to it. Elizabeth starts 1st grade too. We're going to stop at our babysitters house and drop off any leftover birthday food and head to the store to buy what we need for our diet.

Elizabeth and I are going to play with her toys, I'll check in with you guys tomorrow.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    Name: Sherry
    A little bit about me: I am 30 yrs old, Live in TN with my wonderful husband of 6 yrs, we have a little girl who just turned 2 yrs old. Just started being a stay at home mom as of July due to cutbacks at work & it's the best thing that could have happened to me! I have struggled w/my weight since I have been a teenager. Reached my goal with Weight Watchers about 5 years ago and maintained it until I became pregnant. Gained it ALL back plus way more than I should have during pregnancy but now I have decided it is well past time to lose it again. . .this time for keeps!!
    Current Weight: 193
    Starting Weight: 209
    Goal: 130 ( in mini goals of 10 lbs. at a time)
    Program: Weight Watchers (at home w/tools I have from past membership)
    Short Term Goal and Reward: When I get down to 180 lbs. I want to have a family portrait session
  • aabbccdd
    aabbccdd Posts: 14
    Options
    Name: Phoebe
    A little bit about me: I'm 52 years young, love fresh air and being outside, a reading teacher for kindergarten through 2nd grade (love my job), and while I'm pretty fit I've been up and down on the scale for as long as I can remember!
    Current Weight: 167.4 (I just completed week 4 using MFP - Sunday is my weigh-in day)
    Starting Weight: 176.8
    Goal: 145
    Program: (if you have one) consistent cardio, 2 or 3 times strength training per week, clean eating
    Short Term Goal and Reward: 160 by Halloween and a massage!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Welcome Sherry...... Good luck on your weight loss journey ... keep your head up high and know that you can do this and keep it off for good ..... we are all behind you the entire way .....
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Good luck Phoebe
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Bumping this for tomorrow. got to go to work right now.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    <-- this is my updated picture taken today of me and hubby at Elizabeth's birthday party. :heart:

Welcome Sherry and Phoebe! This is a great group of gals and I think you will find lots of support and motivation!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    LisaC: Great pic of you and your hubby .... you 2 make a cute couple ......busy workout day for me ..... getting ready to go workout on my "total gym" trying to workout 3x a day .... not doing to bad .. but WOW am I sore
  • aabbccdd
    aabbccdd Posts: 14
    Options
    Megan38,
    How do you fit in 3 workouts each day and why? Just wondering.
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Good-morning everyone! I'm a little tired this morning, but ready to begin my day. Here's sending out encouragement to everyone, I know you can all obtain your daily personal goals! :love:

Have a great day all!

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I went away for the weekend. Went to visit some friends I haven't seen for a while! I went to a friend's birthday party for their grandmother. I only ate 1 hotdog 2.5 deviled eggs. but I had half a pizza before I left. And I still managed to stay WAY WAY under calories. I didn't log in the drinks I had that day though, so I should be ok on calories.

Sunday: We went to Kenobals. My friend Andy took his 2 yr old and I took my 2 yr old. They are 11 days apart. We walked around for hours! So I definitely got a work out in that day. I still ate WAY under calories yesterday. So, I"m glad to be home again and able to eat the fresh fruit I have here and to enjoy more food. Since I am able to log the food in before I eat it. I didn't have an internet connection where I was.

It's monday and I"m trying to figure out when to work out. Though Ben is coming up and I"m sure to get a work out with him being here. ;)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!

So I had a pretty good weekend. I went to my nephews birthday party last night, it was at a park and I ate a hamburger and some chips and cheese dip (so good!) but it was my free day so I was allowed to eat what I wanted anyways! But I also played tag with the kids the whole time! I climbed the play rock climb thingie..it was fun. I scraped my knee trying to climb up a slide after the kids. lol...acted silly but I'm sure it was a workout! I spent a lot of quality time with my honey this weekend. I didn't go to the gym at all ;( but I hope to make up for it this week!! LisaC: I failed you this morning ;( I didn't get up and go!!! We were at my friends house last night after the party until really late. I didn't get to bed until midnight! I got up at 7:30 and made it to work by 8! So...since I did wrong by you...I'm going to make it up tonight! I'm going to the gym and I promise to stay there for at least two hours! cardio and strength training!!!! and i'll get in the bed early tonight so that I can be up at 5! Promise.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Ok, I SO didn't feel like working out today. But after a nap with my 2 year old. I decided to do it. I figured it doesn't really take that long. I got to the last 4 minutes and my girl woke up. So I had to skip the last 4 minutes. But I did some crunches upstairs, playing with her. I' ve been trying to make as many trips upstairs as I can to keep my heart rate up. :) The only problem is when I go upstairs my girl wants to STAY up there and play. I'm trying to straighten up because I have company coming over. :) She's making it difficult!

Oh but she had so much fun this weekend. I might be going out again this coming weekend. So I'll be away from the computer. 2 whole days! I'll just have to continue to watch what I'm eating.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Megan38,
    How do you fit in 3 workouts each day and why? Just wondering.

I am a single stay home mommy so it not that hard for me to workout ..... i enjoy working out...i do 1 hour cardio video then use a 30 minute cardio video and use my "total gym" for strength training .....i do this throughout the day ... not all at once .....
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

So this week end was extremely crazy and I did not get in my work outs at all. But I did stay busy and with in my calories. Well not yesterday. Saturday was my husband's birthday and I was entertaining my step children their mates and their children as well as my own kids. And to top it off it was block clean up. So my Saturday was busy and by the time everyone left I was dead exhausted.

Then yesterday I took the kids the the Jersey Shore and I did good I had pizza but I split it with my two smaller kids. And don't laugh I had a 20 oz soda and split it with my four kids. I just wanted the taste.
    Then after we got out of the water my kids and I walked the board walk 3 times and got on rides and all kinds of stuff it was great. By the time I drove the 2 hours home and got out of the car I was so sore and knew a work out was out of the question.

But today was a new day and I was on point. I am just nervous for my weigh in on Wednesday but we will see.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi Christine - thank you for the encouragement first thing this morning! I think we all need it, well except for maybe Megan - she's on a roll right now!

Kim - don't feel bad. Just promise to get to the gym today and get a great workout (2 hours is not necessary). I didn't make it up early to workout either. I plan on getting at least 2 work outs in though (hoping to get at least one in with hubby) :love: Let's aim for tomorrow. Can you log in when you start your work out or is that asking too much? I can and will. I feel like it will help hold me more accountable.

Jennie - were you able to get your morning workout in today? You were going to start with us.

Megan - you are rockin' it girl! I am super proud of you.

Judie - how did Saturday end up turning out for you? We haven't seen you in a few days, just wondering how you are doing.

I am back on track today - following the Slim in 6 diet to a T. The only thing I haven't done was the morning workout, but Elizabeth started school today and I was totally nervous about my baby being in school all day (she's pretty shy) I didn't sleep good and didn't even think about getting up. I am going to start a DVD in about 30-45 minutes and then I plan on doing another one later tonight.

Hi to anyone else out there who I didn't mention.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Judie - I hear ya, my weekend was crazy too. I'm not looking forward to weigh-in on Wednesday either. I actually know that I'm up, I weighed in this morning at 164.2 when I had gotten down to 161 last week. Overall, I am still down 3 pounds since last Monday, so I can't complain. I know that once I can get my weekend out of my system I will drop down a little. I barely drank any water and it seems like as soon as I increase my water the weight comes down a little.

I'm so glad to hear that you were on point today! I'm feeling the same way. Remember today is a new day and we all need to keep moving forward. :flowerforyou:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Lisa:

I don't have internet at home right now, so I've just been logging from work. But I will log in as soon as I get to work and let you know I went! I should have internet at home soon. I had it turned off when I moved into my new apt because my neighbor had a router...well, they moved a couple of weeks ago and the free wireless internet went with them :sad: ...but I will have it added back on next month. If you wouldn't feel to weird about exchanging cell phones number I could send you a text and let you know I was up and going! I've got to get down to business if I want to be down Wednesday at all! Anyways...glad you enjoyed your weekend....I hear ya on the exercise with hubby :wink:

Have a great day everyone!