A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hi guys, good to see everyone seems to be on track and getting motivated!

i had a quicky weigh-in peep this morning :p 149.8! so im out of th 150s
    i also made it to the gym today! and burned 821cals!
    and i incorporated weights which i never do lol

keep up the great work everyone!

thank you for making this group lisa!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    So, my hot date turned into a horrible night. I had a horrible migraine by the time I got home. I was in the bed at 6 in so much pain I couldn't even open my eyes! That's where I stayed until this morning. My hot date brought me dinner and water and medicine but I don't even remember much about last night. It's all a blur. I'm on meds for my migraines, and I haven't had one in over a week. I usually get them 3 to 4 times a week, before the medicine. Oh well, I feel better this morning. It's a new day. I'm at work in my pajamas trying to get something done. Will only be here a few hours. for the rest of the day I hope to clean house, go to the gym, go grocery shopping, and spend time with my honey. Life is so busy!!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Well today's my husband's bday and he got up and made a big breakfast of grits, cheese eggs, turkey bacon, toast, orange juice, and fruit.

So I went straight for the fruit and he was like you gotta eat more your not taking part in our cake tradition you have to atleast eat a real breakfast for us.

So I did I kinda felt bad for my husband but I am not baking the cake just enough cup cakes for him and the kids.

Let me go gonna try to get another work out in.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Good Morning team! Happy Saturday! :happy:

Megan - you are kickin' some butt! You go girl! Keep up the awesome work!

Katie - you're rockin' it too! You are so welcome! I am glad I created this group too!

Judie - I don't think you should deprive yourself, so do not feel guilty. Even if you give into the birthday celebration and do have some of the goodies... Just take it one day at a time and if you have a bad one, pick yourself up the next day.

I think I'm more so speaking to myself than you Judie. I don't feel like I'm on point today. I don't know that I'm doing horrible, but I am eating TOTALLY different than I do when I'm at work. I'm having grilled cheese and tomato soup again for lunch today - I told you guys that I total love it! I have been busy cleaning the house today and I spent a good 2+ hours cleaning the garage. So much sweeping - I almost feel like I was getting blisters! I wasn't really into the workout last night either, but I did it and I was sweating, but not as much as usual. I think I'm stressed about tomorrow and wanting everything to go smoothly. A friend came and picked up Elizabeth and isn't bringing her home until after 5 (it's 11:30 a.m. now) so I will check back in later and let you know if my progress (and mood) has picked up.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

Kim sorry you had a horrible night last night .... but glad you are feeling better

LisaC: Yes i am a kicking butt and feeling it too (LOL) Cant wait to weight myself on Wednesday(wow did i actually say that) i hate the scale but since i have changed my lifestyle i look forward to my weigh-ins....
  • MissKim
    Options
    Judie- I'm with Lisa on this one. You can enjoy your day and enjoy the "special food" for one day without blowing everything your working for. Just don't overeat. It's more of how much we eat then what we eat that is the problem. Enjoy your day! We're all striving for this to bring more happiness to our lives!! If the journey is miserable then whats the point!

Lisa C.- I eat completely different on the weekend then during the week. It's easy to eat healthy and on point at work. I packed my lunchbox, I have everything planned out. But when it comes to waking up on Sat morning, I have a hard time having a plan! The Body for Life diet that I'm on lets me have a free day a week. My free day is Sunday, so that helps me keep the bad food at bay. I just think to myself if I really want that I can have it Sunday. That's what works for me. I don't just overeat on Sunday, but Sunday is the day I can have foods that are off limits the rest of the week. Plus, it sounds like you are burning alot of calories today!! So maybe you need those extra calories ;) Just don't beat yourself up. This is progress, not perfection!!
  • FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Name: Ell
    A little bit about me: There isn't really much to say, I'm still in full time education, and I have a lot of friends who are against me losing weight(I've always been one of those strereotypically skinny girls who everybody thinks is a stick, and that used to be true, until I gained some weight from spending about 3 years just lying in bed watching TV all the time, and now need to lose it).
    Current Weight: 131lb
    Starting Weight: 134lb
    Goal: 120lb
    Program: (if you have one) 1200 calories per day, burning 140 calories per day
    Short Term Goal and Reward: My short term goal is literally just to lose the weight and tone up. When I've done this, my reward is a bikini, since I last looked good in one when I was 10, instead of food, the bikini will be it, I'll go out with friends for a swim, and show them what a difference it's made :)
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Thank you Kim - I needed to hear that. I am almost at my 1,200 calories for the day and that's not counting dinner. I knew that this weekend was not going to be my best weekend, but I was hoping that I would do okay....I'm going to put the scale away and I'm not stepping near it until Wednesday. I'm going to work out around 3 or so but before then I still need to run the sweeper through the whole house, finish picking up, clean the main bathroom (and maybe the master bath too?!?...maybe not), do some laundry, bake some Amish Friendship bread that I have put off for 2 days (it's for the party), scrub the floors, oh ya - then I need to start hanging the streamers in the garage. OOOOHHHHH so much to do! Can I say that I don't wanna????? :noway: :explode:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hello Ell: Glad you are doing something about losing your weight .. KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS !!!

LisaC .. I dont envy you with everything that you have to do today :tongue:
  • MissKim
    Options
    Lisa!

With all those calories you are burning doing all that work you definently don't need to beat yourself up for your calories!!! Hey, you know the exercise log in has housework/cleaning as an option!! Log those calories chick!! lol...Just enjoy your weekend and feel great about yourself!!! Besides starting monday you have two workouts a day!! no need to worrry right now!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi Ell and welcome! You will find lots of motivation and support in this group - jump on in!

Kim - you are so right. After completely being down after my last post I blasted the radio and have been dancing/cleaning ever since. I didn't log anything extra for cleaning yesterday (and that was TONS of work) so I am logging 200 minutes of light/moderate cleaning today. I've already been cleaning for about 2 hours today and I still have quite a bit to go.

PLUS - guess what?!?! After today's workout I will have completed 6 days in a row of working out and I DID NOT GIVE UP! WOOOOOHOOOOO!

I also wanted to tell Kim that I get horrible migraines too, so I feel your pain! They are the worst!
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    hi lisa how are you doing? great to see that your work out is doing wonders :)
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    Okay, so I asked for some weightloss buddies and I found all of you! I thought our best option to all be supportive of each other was by starting a topic. This should help make us all be more accountable for our actions (and please ladies, call each other out when necessary)

I'm going to recommend that we all start off with the following information: (copy and paste with your responses)

Name:
    A little bit about me:
    Current Weight:
    Starting Weight:
    Goal:
    Program: (if you have one)
    Short Term Goal and Reward: I really think that this is an important way to keep yourself motivated and on the right track. DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD!

Please add anything else you can think of so we can all learn about each other and help encourage each other to a happy, healthier lifestyle.

hi, try to see .. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47959-current-weight-goal-weight-master-list-cwgwml-for-tllml-memb?page=17
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    Okay, so I asked for some weightloss buddies and I found all of you! I thought our best option to all be supportive of each other was by starting a topic. This should help make us all be more accountable for our actions (and please ladies, call each other out when necessary)

I'm going to recommend that we all start off with the following information: (copy and paste with your responses)

Name:
    A little bit about me:
    Current Weight:
    Starting Weight:
    Goal:
    Program: (if you have one)
    Short Term Goal and Reward: I really think that this is an important way to keep yourself motivated and on the right track. DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD!

Please add anything else you can think of so we can all learn about each other and help encourage each other to a happy, healthier lifestyle.

hi, try to see this two, you my like it,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47959-current-weight-goal-weight-master-list-cwgwml-for-tllml-memb?page=17

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/49901-total-lbs-lost-master-list-tllml-part-2?page=14
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    whewwwwwwwwwww all sweaty again .... 90 minute cardio and cleaning the house
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Dang Megan - I am going to have a hard time keeping up with you girl. But I'm going to do it. You're bringing out the competitive side in me. I'm sweeping the living room and then doing my workout. I'm bringing it girl!

Daniel - I am stressed, hence my stress eating today. What can I say other than I'm human and I'm sure I've compensated with all the work I've been doing (thanks for pointing that out Kim) How are you?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    LisaC .... glad i am bringing out your competive side ...... burn those calories girl ....:tongue:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Okay, I did it! 6+ workouts completed this week. I am so worn out right now. I have been going for the past 8 hours non-stop. It's even worse than working! lol

I got lots more to do tonight - I'll check in tomorrow and see how everyone's doing. Please keep your fingers crossed that the rain holds off until after all the kiddos leave!
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I forgot to post yesterday but today I burned 1252 calories and consumed 1254. My workouts consisted of my daily 3 miles at the track, pilates, 30 min low impact aerobics, upper body strength training (bicep curls, lat pull down, bench press, military press and pec butterfly) and an hour on my elliptical. Only got half my water but should get it all before the end of the day. Tomorrow is my day off of exercise and looking forward to resting the muscles! :wink:

Everyone is doing fabulous! Keep up the good work!

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Velvet: ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF OF EXERCISE ....