Ladies - what do you wear to the gym?

Options

Replies

• cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It depends on the exercise.

I wear cycling shorts (with padding) when I Spin.
    I wear compression shorts for all other activities.
    I prefer moisture-wicking fabrics (cotton feels horrible when it's soaking wet!) I even like the new charged cotton from Under Armour.

Outlets and clearance sales will save you $$.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wear cropped leggings and a vest and the most important ting of all a sports bra. sometimes even 2 sports bras depending on intensity
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Depends what I'm doing. If I'll only be running or elliptical or that kind of machine cardio I wear shorts and a t-shirt (dri fit/technical if I have a clean one). If I'm doing weights or a class I wear fitted capris or pants so I don't flash people up the shorts.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    For lifting and group classes I wear a racer back, bike shorts, and knee socks (because they're fun). For running I generally wear either that or something like this (which I can't wear for group classes or lifting unless I want to give everyone a crotch shot):

run.jpg
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This week as a reward to myself for winning my gym's Biggest Loser competition, I started wearing this!
    Oldnavyshorts-1.jpg
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    <---- This is what I wear almost daily.
    I'm a female and I always go full frontal nude. More women should follow my example!

Funny, my fiance suggested the same thing the other day. ;) All I had to say was, "Ouch!" as I imagined running on the treadmill with the girls bouncing away.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I wear clothes...lol...Long workout pants and a t-shirt with my hair pulled back!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm not the type that likes to go to the gym/workout in baggy t-shirts and sweatpants. It's too much material and it gets in my way.

However, I'm also not the type that likes to go to the gym looking like crap (no offense to all the ladies that don't care how they look at the gym. I'm just talking about myself here, so don't get your panties in a bunch), but am also too lazy to be too color coordinated.

SO, my solution IS: I buy as many BLACK shorts/legging and sports bras as possible, and wear them under colored tank tops. Voila! A clean, neat, manageable and comfortable workout outfit. :)
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    lulu lemon pants/Capri & tank top

Hot Yoga: Lulu Lemon Shorts & Tank
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout you plan to do! I'm okay with wearing capris/sweat pants plus one of my Nike dri fit shirts if I'm going to do some form of cardio.

If I'm going to lift I wear my Nike dri fit sports bra (keeps my HRM from getting soaked), my Nike dri fit cross back tank top (I hate wearing any kinds of shirts with sleeves as it feels like I'm constricting myself), and my short compression shorts. (I don't want to flash someone a but cheek when I'm on a machine)

Also women, seriously, if you are going to do some form of exercise laying down or something... For the love of god please don't wear those baggy running shorts. >_<
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I wear compression shorts when I run (but I do that outdoors, not in the gym) and basketball or running shorts when I'm lifting. I wear old t-shirts or tank tops that are loose enough that I won't be pulling at them, but tight enough that I don't worry about them getting caught on anything. My only issue is making sure my shorts are long enough that they don't flash anything when I'm stretching out my legs!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Summer time I have a few pair of shorts that I wear and bra/tank tops.

Winter time I have spandex-y pants that I wear with bra/tank tops.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Make sure the pants you wear fit you well because as i found out last night, if they feel alittle loose before, they will fall down on the treadmill lol. I had to do the elliptical instead.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    When I first started going, I wore oversized shirts and long loose workout pants to cover my big self up.. especially my arms and my gut. Four months later, I'm wearing sportier less bulky workout clothes. Still simple workout capris and tops, but more form fitting. I'm loving the new shape I'm shaping into! (OHhhhh.. and definitely a good sports bra... I wore a regular one once and was cycling my buns off on the stationary bike and I thought the girls were absolutely gonna fly off my chest!.. it was a wonder I didn't knock the guy next to me off his bike.. they wuz a swangin!)
  • mahogonnee
    Options
    No matter what time of year I normally wear sweat pants and a T-shirt.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i looove cute exercise clothes !

padded crazy patterend shorts and plain colored tank for Spin classes, plain black capris and a wild tank for other workrouts.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If your in the UK i get all my gear from Sports Direct.. I usually wear 3/4 length light weight joggies and baggy(ish) vest. I buy it cheap as i tend to sweat a bit lol
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    shorts & tee or leggings and a tee, not comfortable with my body enough yet to be wearing form fitting tanks, but hopefully we will get there! and maybe you could encourage your daughter to do a workout routine with you?? maybe not 30 day shred or give her examples of things she could do to modify them, that way it gives you your workout and you can start to her in the habit of an even healthier lifestyle! I know she is young, but it's never too early! I'm sure you've tried everything, but maybe let her play a game on the computer while you take the 20 minutes to do the workout? If the set up in your home allows!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I get the Champion capri pants from Target - they cover what I like to hide, but still fit so as not to get in the way. Bra top camis from Victoria's Secret and a slim-fitting long sleeve T-shirt over it. Keeps me covered, helps "confine" everything that needs to be, and is very comfortable.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    A tank top and leggings. Sometimes a hoodie if it's really cold and I'm running outside, but I usually wind up getting too warm and tying it round my waist.