What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Invest in Apple that's a good one! Develop instagram! LOL #Geek&DevelopersUnite!!!

Also don't get that belly button ring b/c you will have 2 kids eventually LOL.

Go out to Spring break instead of being a DORK in the computer lab LOL.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old Sunshine

Do not pierce your tongue, its not cute and looks bad. Plan for college NOW> Take anatomy so you dont have to in college. Take MORE calculus. Don't slack in high school to make college easier on you. Love yourself and enjoy life without responsibility :]
  • lolly3max
    lolly3max Posts: 28
    Options
    don't let somebody make u soooo miserable that you end up not givin a toss about urself:(
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Dear 16-Year-Old Me:

Get off your *kitten* and think about what you're eating. Your sugery will go wrong and you'll waste away your 20s - a decade that could have been AMAZING- because you won't have any energy, self-esteem or confidence. GET TO WORK NOW - STOP WAISTING TIME!
  • redsonja1313
    Options
    This thread reminded me of this:

Jim Wendler: A Letter to My Younger Self
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/a_letter_to_my_younger_self
    ok--Michonne--motorcycles--and wise advise for 16 year old self--- I lived in the greater Seattle area for 23yrs WHERE the F were you when I was choosing a prom date !! LOL
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Anorexic is NOT sexy.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Dear me,

You think you are fat, but you're not! You are beautiful! Dump that boy who wants to stop you from going to New York for college. He is a user.

Resist the temptation not to go out for volleyball. You love it even though you mess up sometimes. Nobody's perfect.

Pay more attention in your Microsoft Excel course. And Spanish

Stop wearing socks and sandals.

Love,

Your chubbier but smarter future self
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Smile more
    Speak up more
    Be yourself, not everyone will like you and thats OK.
    There is so much more out side of that tiny little town.
    You will go places.
    Travel - lots
    Stop thinking you are fat - you aren't but in 13 years you will be so enjoy how you look now.
    You know those 'friends' in highschool, of all of them you will only talk to 4 of them in the end, and you only see them once and a while in a few years, enjoy their company.
    You will meet the perfect man in a few years... you will hate him... and then you will like him.. and then he will become your absolute best friend.

WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN WOMAN.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd change anything. I made some gnarly mistakes, but if I wouldn't have made those mistakes, I wouldn't have my kids.

Sure it was rough, but IMO well worth it. :smile:
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Do NOT get married at 19 no matter how in love you think you are! Enjoy being young and go to school. You really can do anything you set your mind to, the only thing that is stopping you is yourself. So, buck up and just do it! Don't ever use drugs or drink. Also, don't complain about being "too skinny" because one day you will wish you were!

Love, Me/You
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    when picking an undergraduate major, make it something more specific & concrete... so that when you graduate you'll be a (_____ insert career) not a person that NEEDS to go to grad school to get a job!!!! oh yeah & start exercising & living a healthy lifestyle now! don't wait till your 32 :wink:
  • coreykantola
    Options
    Hey me!
    You did alright!
    Everything you did and should not have done has made you a better person, a better father and a better husban. I would not change a thing!
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Dear me,
    It can happen to you, you are NOT invisible!! Do you believe it now that you are pregnant? I hope so! Get your crap together because it will be a long hard road, you will face drugs, alcohol and abusive relationships. Just remember you have someone other than yourself to think about now. It will all fall into place one day, you will see!
    ---Me---
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello me,

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and pictures, because no matter how much mom says that you have a pudgy tummy and you should lose weight.. YOU DON'T. And then don't start trying to lose weight and fail because you can't, causing you to give up and eat more and in fact GAINING weight to where you DO get fat.

So.. just remember. You look stunning, keep it that way now or end up on a website trying to lose weight you didn't have to gain in the first place.

Thanks.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    1. Trust your dad and stay in Saudi.
    2. Don't listen to your mom at all, she is very messed up.
    3. Don't listen to anyone who tells you, you are fat. You were never fat, and they were all hating because they were all jealous rat ba$tards.
    4. you don't ever need to get married, just take care of yourself and have fun.
    5. Also stay away from Indian men, you will fall in love with one if you let him get too close.
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have sort of come full circle from the 16 year old self,

I would have told myself to start eating healthier and move out to san diego for college...I'm telling my 23 year old self the same thing only now it's for grad school. perhaps i should start listening.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dude, get over this quiet and shy thing....when you talk, for some reason people think you're funny. Oh, and that girl you like...she likes you too and EVERYBODY knows it, so say something dumbass.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    *Date Bret...he really likes you, and you really like him. Who cares if Mom and Dad tease you about it?
    *Apply to Julliard--Boppee (my grandpa) told you he'd pay for the application fee--it's worth it!
    *Remember how you've wanted to sing opera since you were 8? Do it.
    *Start thinking about what you want to be when you "grow up"...don't just assume teaching is it.
    *CALL OLD FRIENDS. You'll need them later and the longer you wait, the harder it is to get in touch with them.
    *Realize that you're actually pretty slender and that you don't have to be a size 2 to look pretty.
    *The weight you're going to put on in college--that's not your fault. Find a doctor who will believe you and help you figure things out. Just do your best to not let it get out of hand...once you gain 60#, it's hard to get it off.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    hey you,

-being a mother at 16 is no easier then being one at almost 30....
    -the only good thing you get from marring him is two more beautiful kids....
    -in your 20's you didnt have to live like you were in the 60's you will find that guy in your late 20's that will treat you and you children how you should be treated...
    -you will still act like your mom no matter how much you say you wont!