What else goes well with plain greek yogurt??

Options

Replies

• kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use it in recipes in place of cream cheese, sour cream, or even butter. There was a great tip list on Pinterest about ways to use it.

I like it in lasagna, Mexican chicken, and Mac and Cheese.

you can also use it in place of sour cream! i had some on a baked potato the other night and it was fantastic!
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and a little honey is yummy or fresh blueberries or strawberries. I make a grain free granola and throw it on top. Oh or ranch dressing powder mix and dip carrots in it!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I like Cake Batter or Coffee protein powder. And nuts.
    [/quote

What is this coffee protein powder you speek of..it is a brand or do you just add instant coffee to your chocolate pro powder?
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used it to make a protein shake last night....it was pretty good!

This!

I love to make post-work out smoothies with low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of chocolate milk, strawberries, kiwi, and blackberries. Yummy and giving me lots of protein!
  • erikastarryiz
    erikastarryiz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The list is endless! ANY fruit compote (you can just microwave some frozen berries), nuts and honey, chocolate shavings, protein powder, granola, slices of banana and 1 of your favourite biscuits crumbed :D

ditto to all this.

i also started swapping out sour cream for plain greek yogurt and will never go back. my friend served it on the side with some taco cups recently and it was so delicious i couldnt believe it was GY

I do the sour cream substitute as well most often with vegetarian chili. Another GREAT use is as a substitute for mayo in anything that calls for mayo. Tuna salad, egg salad, coleslaw, dips etc... AND to make salad dressing (just add the little packets of flavoring)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I add a dollop of Kirkland (Costco) organic strawberry spread, about 40 cals per tbsp, or a squirt of local honey... sometimes 1/2 a packet of Stevia if I want a plain flavor yet little bit of free sweetness.

My daughter had me mince up about 1/4 of an apple and put a dash of cinammon. She said it was good but I didn't try it.

I'm going to start using it instead of sour cream for more things, like dips and with perogies, if I can keep it stocked enough.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    honey mmm... love some honey and fage.
    For a post long run protein I will add honey and peanut butter...oh soo good
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use it in a smoothies with almond butter, and strawberries and a small vanilla yougart.

I also mix with vanilla and cinnamon and use as an apple dip.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use it like sour cream, and hubby likes to put garlic and curry powder it in, and use it for a dip. Usually just some fresh fruit with it for breakfast, though.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I mix it with sugar free preserves and a stevia. I have also mixed it with walden farms calorie free choc dip and crushed fat-free pretzels for sort of a "chocolate covered pretzel blizzard from Dairy Queen."
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For a post long run protein I will add honey and peanut butter...oh soo good

must. try. this.

I will sometimes put just a tiny bit of jam or apple butter or granola and mix it up. Yummy! I'm loving all these ideas though!
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    With buffalo sauce on chicken with veggies and pasta. Also good with lemon-garlic marinade and chicken with veggies and pasta and a sprinkle of parmesan or feta cheese.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Do most of the above... Greek Yogurt (my go-to is Fage 0%) PLUS:

• any Jello sugar-free mix serving - may be cheesecake, butterscotch, pistachio, raspberry, etc (OMG who needs ice cream when you do this!!)

• Bell Plantation peanut butter

• Use in smoothies with fruit and Almond Milk

• Sub for sour cream in mexican dishes

• Thin it with water, lemon juice and herbs for a great sauce over chicken or turkey...

• MIx with cereal for a protein+carb boost

...so much more. It's my go-to-must-have-stocked-in-the-fridge food at all times.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    1. honey and walnuts
    2. pumpkin purée + pumpkin pie spice
    3. applesauce & cinnamon
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Definitely add some nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc...). It adds a nice crunch to the yogurt!
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you're after a savoury snack than I hiighly recommend Falafel with salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, avocado) and add plain greek yogurt...it is SO delicious, I then add a little bit of sweet chilli sauce...yum.
  • noellekp
    noellekp Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix it with fresh blueberries and some walnut pieces!! Delicious and so good for you! Gives me a great boost in the morning!
  • alismiles13
    Options
    craisins and almonds!
  • kelseycroc
    Options
    A drizzle of avave nectar, one spoonful of raspberry jam, and five chopped almonds. Stir and chill in the fridge. It's the best ice cream substitute :)