New and Loving it

Options

Replies

• ritianne
    ritianne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This app is amazing . I am new to this app but i already lose weight but willing to lose more
  • rsagitarious
    Options
    Hi, just 2 days ago i find this app. It's looks good. I hope like all above I will reach my goel.
  • amyhayford
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal. Do I have to eat all 1200 calories per day or just not exceed that amount?
  • drodstar
    drodstar Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is my 2nd day...my dr told me to go with a 1500 calorie diet..and keeping track of my food intake on here is not hard at all to meet that goal so far...
  • LizFerndashian
    Options
    My sister turned me to this app. I'm 41 yrs old recovering from foot fusion surgery post op 3 months
    And suffered a PE (blood clot in lung) Great tool since I am maintaining my weight after loosing 65 lbs
    With my vi shakes!!
  • vzexft19
    vzexft19 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,I am here because loosing weight is such a struggle alone.I want to communicate with others who have the same problem that I have and understand how I feel about the weight issue.I have spent my whole life tring to loose weight. I have gotten stuck on my weight loss journey .I did weigh 363 lbs. in 1995.I had the gastric bypass surgery done then and after three years i had to have it reversed because the ring was too tight and I still had to peree everything.So started to eat junk food again because I went down very easy.I had lossed about 100 lbs before I started all of the wrong foods that was easy to go down.I gained about 50 lbs. back before the reversal. The ryn was done in1998.Then I was able to eat meats again and every ting ,nothing had to be pereed again. I eat healthy most of the time but I do have a treat once oin a while. I try to exercise when my health allows 3 days a week.I have lost a total of 154 lbs. and want to loose at least 25 more.
  • SetAside
    SetAside Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 4 weeks and I've lost 11 lbs. I'm completely addicted.
  • mrsgonzo21
    Options
    I have just started this on Wednesday and at first I didn't think it was going to work because my will power is no good unless I see improvement. I try to push my self and exercise 2 hrs during the week but I find it hard because I broke my back when I was 17 and I have a bad knee. Walking even bothers it but I pushed my self so hard I lost 2.5 lbs and I'm addicted. I think my wake up call was I got on a scale Tuesday and realized I have gained 30 lbs since me and my fiancée had met. That's when I decided its time to start losing weight. I've always been on the chubby side and I'm just excited to reach my goal even though I still have 38 lbs to go. So If anyone has any good reciepes that don't include any other animal besides chicken that's b great because salads are getting old fast
  • glitt3r98
    Options
    I Just started today. I was in shock when I realized how much fat and extra calories I've been eating. My goal is to lose 10 pounds:happy:
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1200 is the number it gives you to have a calorie deficit and promote healthy weight loss. As a rule of thumb my wife and I do not eat all the calories we are allowed each day. You will also notice that as you workout and add it to your daily dairy that you earn calories. I for example am allowed 2100 caloric intake per day. I strength train 5 days a week, I do not put those calories against my daily exercise burn. I do however track all my cardio exercising and place that against my daily intake. It is good to always leave a little leeway in the daily intake. I hope that this helps.
  • verito831l
    Options
    Hello I am new and I am looking forward to see some changes in my body and get healthier I am going to weigh on Monday to see if this first week has paid off.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    today is my first. I hope I get enough time to logg in my food intake and exercise everyday.
  • verito831l
    Options
    Hi My goal iis 20 lbs and I am looking forward to get there I am also in shock to see how many calories I have been eating all this time hopefully this will work for me to be a little bit more aware you know!!! good luck
  • shannoncuth
    Options
    good job
  • deerocks4god
    Options
    Hello! I am Danielle, I have been using these app for about a week now. I love it :heart:
    Never counted calories at all or better yet exercised. So far I have lost 3 lbs....super excited :smile: I don't own a scale at home, but will be purchasing one, so I can keep up with my weight loss!
  • deerocks4god
    Options
    Seeing your calorie intake is a shocker if you notice from the food you used to eat. I added a wendy's value meal since I ate them like every other day. It was 900 Calories...whoa! complete shocker....LOL
  • Shaniqua83
    Options
    Hey new to this site started the iPod app back in March. I've been working out about half an hour a day for five days. I've also been adding my foods to this app and I've lost 15 pds so far. Just read on here you should try and "eatback" your exercise calories so I'll be trying that this week.
  • bakerroxy
    bakerroxy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My nutrition teacher recommended this to me. I'm inthe navy, so being fit is very important, and is something that I struggle with. I weigh 160 and the navy needs me at 141 or better. Hopefully staying honest with myself by using this will help.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    This app has truly helped me get my life back among other things! Very thankful
  • thegaly89
    Options
    First time and so far loving it!
    But how can i send friend request?