Foods you never thought you'd like

Options
Hey all - Just curious about others' experiences with taste buds! After a couple of weeks of cleaned up eating (less junk!) I cannot believe that I actually look forward to my afternoon snack of strawberries in vanilla yogurt! Or that "fried" spinach (just put in the frying pan with a tiny little bit of oil) and garlic is delicious!

What foods are you eating (and enjoying - not just choking down) have you discovered?

Replies

• MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never really cared for olives, but I have antipasto on crackers, and I love it!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I used to hate oatmeal and brussels sprouts, now I love them!
  • melissabatmcnet
    melissabatmcnet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brussell sprouts....... Love them now.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Kale. Who knew that kale chips taste soooo good!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Spinach
  • lmnosser
    lmnosser Posts: 43
    Options
    steal cut oatmeal!

i was never an oatmeal fan, but i was getting really impatient this morning waiting for it to finish cooking.

LOVE putting cinnamon in it!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    low fat, low sugar, (basically bland) yoghurt!! i used to hate the stuff. now i love to mix berries, other fruits & (healthy)things into them to make my own flavours.

peanut butter. now that i know its good for u, has good protein & fats in it i love the stuff. :laugh:
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    Parnsips! Love them.
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Kale. Who knew that kale chips taste soooo good!

I still haven't had them. I've got to try them! :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    everything!
    This goes back years though. When my husband met me just over 8 years ago I pretty much only ate chicken fingers and french fries. Now I eat more food that he does! I love buffalo wings ( and if prepared correctly they're not bad for you) and I looove seafood, just abou any kind.
    Recently, I've tried quinoa and really like it and I've been eating more fresh spinach, I'm still not a huge fan of plain, cooked spinach but I will eat it.
  • karaemoore
    karaemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. I have tried so many different recipes. Some I've loved, others....... not so much. I tried the kale chips, but couldn't get past the aftertaste. Stays with you for a while.....
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Spinach, now I love em. I guess we carry the children-being-afraid-of-vegies-syndrom. As long as fitness works as a catharsis through it, we love what we used to hate :laugh:
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was leery about trying quinoa, but now I'm a total fan (I like it better than rice). I eat it as a side dish and cook it in low sodium chicken broth - totally yummy and quick/easy to cook!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato! I've only tried them as fries so far though~
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato! I've only tried them as fries so far though~
    I bake them like 4 or 5 at a time and keep them on hand in the fridge. I put one in my post workout shake w/ vanilla protein powder sometimes...It's really good IMO :-)
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    never liked broccoli and oatmeal now i look forward to eating it cuz its so freakin good
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Quinoa
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    My taste buds have changed sooo much! I now eat spinach, quiona, peppers, onions, and greek yogurt. I never ate that stuff before!