I hate water

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Water is boring...I drink 6 gallons (at least) a day. I wish there was something that good add flavor.

I must have missed the joke here...

You drink 6 gallons of water everyday?

I can't imagine that's healthy...or possible.

6 gallons is almost exactly what the average adult woman would need to die from water intoxication. If she's really drinking that much she'll be dead by Wednesday.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of warm water, so I always make sure to add plenty of ice. I find I drink lots more water that way. I also add fresh lemons.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Okay, I really don't mean to sound mean here but you aren't a child.Eating vegetables, Brushing Your teeth, and drinking water all without complaints is part of being grown.

On a side note water doesn't have a taste.....how can you not like it??? And water is truly amazing for your body.
  • FitLink
    Options
    This topic has come up multiple times (in just the short time I've been using MFP) look at some of the previous posts for some great ideas.

First water can taste different. Tap water in different places and from different sources is different. So, don't just assume you don't like any water. (Where I used to live, the tap water tasted fine at home, but not at my workplace. Same city supply system. Go figure! Different pipes?)

This is a great post! I have a hard time during water too. I usually have a bottle at work that I try to fill up three times during the day. Once it's filled up, I let it sit until it gets to be about room temperature then I can drink it. I have sensitive teeth so the coldness gets to me. I also try to drink a glass of water with my meals.

Also, the tap water at my work seems to taste so much better than our filtered water at home.

I'm not a big fan of the flavored water crap. I'd rather just have a diet coke.

Diet Coke is no worse for you than flavored water. It is, in fact, flavored water. A couple of studies indicate that sweetness without calories can make it difficult for your body to regulate hunger, but if you are choosing flavored water because it is healthier than Diet Coke, it isn't.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!

Tea. I drink lots of fruit teas, both iced and hot.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TEA IS TEA

Just because there is WATER in it does not make it equal.
  • FitLink
    Options
    Okay, I really don't mean to sound mean here but you aren't a child.Eating vegetables, Brushing Your teeth, and drinking water all without complaints is part of being grown.

On a side note water doesn't have a taste.....how can you not like it??? And water is truly amazing for your body.

I agree with everything you said except that water doesn't have a flavor. Every water is different. I grew up in a city with national award-winning tap water. Now I'm picky and my current tap water is awful. Buy three brands of plain water of different brands at the store and tell me they don't taste different.
  • sadra21
    sadra21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hate water to, I get the vitamin waters. And I add half of a bottle to a half of a glass of water. That way I get my water like a should.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

I agree with everything you said except that water doesn't have a flavor. Every water is different. I grew up in a city with national award-winning tap water. Now I'm picky and my current tap water is awful. Buy three brands of plain water of different brands at the store and tell me they don't taste different.

Okay, yes I understand. I am from Washington and there I can drink tap water no problem. Here in LA the tap is sooooo gross. I buy bottled water. But its 5 dollars for a 24 pack and it keeps me happy. Also, you can buy the purifiers like Brita so you dont have to buy bottle water.

The point is after a certain age drinking water should not be a complaint. You should do it because it helps keep you healthy and hydrated. Its really sad to see a grown adult complain about water.

Its water.

Like really?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am not knocking the younger generation but my sons are teenagers and even though I brought them up on water and milk, the occasional fruit juice, no soda or energy drinks - they ended up hooked on energy drinks and coke anyway. It's like water is the most boring thing in the world for them to even contemplate drinking! Yet it is what their body needs the most to stay hydrated - but do they listen to me? Of course not! lol
  • FitLink
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TEA IS TEA

Yes. It does. Water is never pure. It is as close to a universal solvent as exists. It is impossible to make it pure. Tea is 99.99% water, and so is drinking water.

Also, water in ANYTHING counts as water.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • coconutbuNZ
    Options
    I also learnt that the things we "hate" doing i.e. drinking water, exercise instead of lying on the couch, choosing healthy foods instead of junk - these all lead us to reach our goals and perhaps a lifestyle change. Everything I WANT to achieve in life - means doin a whole lot of things that I DON'T WANT to do.
  • scarlet_goddess13
    Options
    I hated water but then i started trying crystal light. They actually have some really good flavors! Mio does too and Mio usually have coupons for $ off. I also drink 100% pure fruit juices...if it doesnt say that then I will not drink it!
  • kultigin
    kultigin Posts: 6
    Options
    just squeeze half lemon to a big glass of cold water
  • Pedrocas
    Pedrocas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Girl just drink your water.. It as no taste, so I don't really believe you, sorry for that, good luck in your journey =)
  • coconutbuNZ
    Options
    Thank you!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TEA IS TEA

Yes. It does. Water is never pure. It is as close to a universal solvent as exists. It is impossible to make it pure. Tea is 99.99% water, and so is drinking water.

Oh God not this argument again lol and yes I agree coffee and tea is mostly water.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Thank you!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TEA IS TEA

Right, so John Smith drinks sweet tea ALL DAY that counts as his water intake? I have to politely disagree.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    my best suggestion is to force your way through a couple days of drinking at least 64oz of plain water a day. Once your body gets hydrated, you will actually start craving plain water. Don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and now I love plain water. The only draw back is that I can't get through the night without getting up a couple times to go pee!

^^^THIS!^^^ As part of a challenge last week I had to drink 8 glasses of water a day...I never drank water, I was a diet coke addict. I met the challenge and now I love water and crave it...diet coke is now few and far between a lot of bottled water! Try it for a week, you might be surprised! :smile:
  • coconutbuNZ
    Options
    You hate water try living without it ! Not a good thing....

Exactly
  • Lisammy
    Lisammy Posts: 35
    Options
    I add a tiny bit of MIO calorie free flavoring to my water :) There are many flavors and it definitely helps me meet my water quota ;)
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump!