being lonely is not helping my weight loss

Options
ughh its frustrating cause i get into these funks that i think that im going to be alone forever and it makes me eat... anyone else use food as a way of making them feel better?

Replies

• speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    feel free to add as friend
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not in the same situation, and not meaning to sound harsh at all, but don't let 'being lonely' be an excuse.

You'll see on here that weight loss is just as hard (for many people, harder) when you're in a relationship. There are a lot of people who say they'd be doing so much better if they were on their own. Of course, "I can't lose weight because my partner doesn't want to/eats junk in the house" is just an excuse, too.

You're in this for you. Work on getting where you want to be.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Another person can hold you back worse than you think. You've got no one to hold you back, and there's less complications to get in the way of fitness. So, I'm de-bunking your statement, I'm sorry. Wait until you have 2 kids, a spouse, a career, etc.. Then talk about weight loss difficulties.

btw you're beautiful. You'll have no problem meeting guys. Don't settle for someone just for the company either. Be picky as hell and look after yourself first.
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Girl be at peace!!!! You don't need a man...You have your WHOLE life for that..Do you! I sure would If I could
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't send out negative thoughts to the universe or the universe will respond negatively ......look on the bright side of everything and focus in the good and not the bad and lastly always be thankful for what you have. ;)
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yah, I feel you. I will literally feel full, but will eat anyway. sucks. I just try to work out to make up for the extra calories, or wait longer before my next meal - stomach growling. I'm concious of my weight and I'm doing something about it, so I don't feel too bad when this happens.

Add as a friend, I could always use more friends to see my progress! T
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i never said that being in a relationship or having kids is much harder to lose weight... i am not comparing my situation to anyone elses... i am doing great losing weight i started on this website at 250 and now at 180 and still going... but with weight loss theres a lot of stuff that goes along with it emotionally... i still feel like and think i still look 250... i was in a relationship when i started losing weight and it wasnt easy i know...
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Not in the same situation, and not meaning to sound harsh at all, but don't let 'being lonely' be an excuse.

You'll see on here that weight loss is just as hard (for many people, harder) when you're in a relationship. There are a lot of people who say they'd be doing so much better if they were on their own. Of course, "I can't lose weight because my partner doesn't want to/eats junk in the house" is just an excuse, too.

You're in this for you. Work on getting where you want to be.

This. There are plenty of people on these boards who get annoyed because they feel their spouse/family/friends/colleagues are sabotaging their efforts by eating unhealthily. I would personally argue that you shouldn't hold anyone accountable but yourself, so I don't go along with that. However, I will say that having someone in your life does not magically make everything better, it can bring in new problems of its own (and this is coming from someone who's very happy with their partner) to work through. Don't let 'being lonely' be an excuse to eat poorly. You're in a perfect position to actually have complete control over it.
  • Tani_LT
    Tani_LT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even though I am married my husband doesn't "diet" with me it gets very difficult since his calorie requirements are much greater than mine. I don't really have any friends so it feels like I am doing this (and most things) on my own, so, I kind of empathize.

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a frend
    But I think weight loss is hard whether your with someone or not. Its not easy and there have been times on this journey that I have truly struggled. But we pick ourselves back up and we keep going. Make small goals for you to reach if the big one seems so far away. Youll get there I promise but it isnt always easy.
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't send out negative thoughts to the universe or the universe will respond negatively ......look on the bright side of everything and focus in the good and not the bad and lastly always be thankful for what you have. ;)
    Beautifully put..Your awesome!
  • LosingNic
    LosingNic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation you were... The best thing I can say that has helped me is to keep going with the weightloss and just keep going. Call your friends, make plans, call friends you haven't seen in a while make plans with them and go out! The more weight you lose the better your confidence will be and you will be happy and confident when you go out. When you have confidence you will attract people! I have friends of all sizes and they have confidence and self esteem and they attract people towards them....
    Hope this helps, it's working for me.
    fyi, I came out of a marriage and then went into an abusive relationship which shot my self esteem to the floor... it takes a while but you have to pick yourself up and the rest will fall into place.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I used to medicate with food and video games. specifically MMORPGs. I don't anymore. I still play games just not as much as I used to. I still get lonely but I focus on other things. how far I've come, no longer have diabetes. I know eventually I'll find someone. or someone will find me lol.
  • hurleycutie142
    Options

lol seriously... this is the last time im going to the boards when im feeling down... i didnt ask for a bash party... i was making a simple statement... losing weight is not allllll about working out and eating right... theres a huge emotional side of it too... i know that most of us on this board have been the big girl/boy that people look past to see the skinny girl... i am in no way trying to lose weight to be skinny to get guys by no means.... but it would be nice to have someone that is positive in my life...
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't have a boyfriend and haven't done for the last couple of years. I live with a male housemate and he eats all the junk under the sun. Also, I'm unemployed at the moment so spend pretty much every day all day on my own. If I eat junk and do nothing about it then the only person I have to blame is myself. Do I feel lonely...sometimes but I don't comfort eat over it. I get up off my bum and do something.
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    I was in the same situation you were... The best thing I can say that has helped me is to keep going with the weightloss and just keep going. Call your friends, make plans, call friends you haven't seen in a while make plans with them and go out! The more weight you lose the better your confidence will be and you will be happy and confident when you go out. When you have confidence you will attract people! I have friends of all sizes and they have confidence and self esteem and they attract people towards them....
    Hope this helps, it's working for me.
    fyi, I came out of a marriage and then went into an abusive relationship which shot my self esteem to the floor... it takes a while but you have to pick yourself up and the rest will fall into place.

thank you this helped me a lot... its nice to know that someone else has been in kinda the same situation as me :]
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My intention wasn't to bash you and im sorry you took it that way....basically im just saying keep your chin up!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

lol seriously... this is the last time im going to the boards when im feeling down... i didnt ask for a bash party... i was making a simple statement... losing weight is not allllll about working out and eating right... theres a huge emotional side of it too... i know that most of us on this board have been the big girl/boy that people look past to see the skinny girl... i am in no way trying to lose weight to be skinny to get guys by no means.... but it would be nice to have someone that is positive in my life...

hunny i totally understand where you are coming from. and i think we all need to deal with the issues behind the bingeing..
    can everyone stop comparing? everyone is different, has different problems and different ways of dealing with it. unless you've walked in this beautiful young ladies shoes then stfu
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    My intention wasn't to bash you and im sorry you took in that way....basically im just saying keep your chin up!

sorry quoted the wrong person... i was directing that towards you :]
  • Aereon
    Aereon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had problems with eating while I was upset in the past. It's tough and just makes you feel worse in the end. Stick with it, you won't be alone forever! The perfect guy is out there waiting for you somewhere, you two just haven't met yet