Brides to be using feeding tubes

Options
12346»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    the world is full of idiots. Let us all have a moment of silence for them before we eat our Philly cheesesteaks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around the mentality of being so vain about how you look in your wedding dress but not caring that you are walking around with a hose up your nose for days for no reason other than you are lazy. It is a warped mindset.

As someone with a family member who must eat with a feeding tube to live, I find this disgusting. But sadly, I do not find it surprising.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is absolute BS. :( As someone who has put in a few feeding tubes I have to say having an NG tube put in is EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE! Of all the procedures done awake and without sedation this one is near the top of the list as far as being really hard on the patient. Your nose was not meant to have anything shoved up it and there are risks. Yeah so, absolute BS.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I remember the pain my mother was in when they put a feeding tube through her nose (AND when they took it out). She would later REFUSE feeding tubes... I hope to God I never need one. I can't imagine volunteering for that to lose weight. It seems to me that counting calories and a walk with the fiance would be MUCH easier.

I'm nowhere near this sick yet, but I have a disease that affects my digestive system and if my body gets to irritated to eat properly I was told I MIGHT have to get a feeding tube. That sounded like torture...and then these people do it just to lose weight!!! But, like many of you have said before, I am more disappointed in the doctor. Sure, the woman interviewed is being impatient, but she is being offered this treatment like it is a good idea for a healthy person. It is the doctor who is providing it and should definitely know better that disappoints me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What bothers me most is that someone this ... stupid has an extra $1200 to blow on something this ... stupid.

If I were planning a wedding, I'd rather put that money towards more booze. :drinker:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I guess it isn't as bad as the tape worm diet!:sad: Blech
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    the world is full of idiots. Let us all have a moment of silence for them before we eat our Philly cheesesteaks.
    :laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I've seen a few comments about the groom and what he thinks about this.
    Read some of the thread about "the worst things people have said about your weight".
    There are a few prime grade Dbags mentioned in those threads that would probably tell their future wife to look like a top class trophy or the wedding is off.
    Some of that vanity goes beyond just one person's own body.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    And this has been your daily WTF moment.

Exactly! lol
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is so gross and unhealthy... Why would any one do that to themselves if they dont have to?
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's indicative of a trend I see more and more.. I want what I want and I want it NOW. The concept of effort, extending oneself, working toward something just doesn't seem to be present for so many people. It's sad and it's frustrating. There is so much to be said for that wonderful feeling of accomplishment after reaching a goal you've really worked had for and earned!
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    It's very disturbing that any doctor would do this! My wife is a physician. She had some choice words when I told her about this..... Jeez!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    From the article:
    "I don't have all of the time on the planet just to focus an hour and a half a day to exercise so I came to the doctor"
    EXCUSE ME?!??!! There are plenty of hours in the day for you to GET OFF YOUR @SS and move it!!! People are way to LAZY these days!!!!!
    Also from the article:
    "Dr. Di Pietro charges $1,500 for the 10-day plan"
    I'm sorry but that's too cheap... it's scary to think that even I, a broke-y-mc-broker-son, could afford this. And the chick in the video is THIN ENOUGH!!! What?! This is insane. I hope that the FDA removes this... You don't eat for 10 days and what you do take in is well under the 1200 daily minimum.... SICK SICK SICK!!!!